How to fix my f***ed hair - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to fix my f***ed hair

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kylamoo

Kylamoo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:11 AM

is there anything I can do to my hair to make it feel less like straw.
It's so so dry and frizzy and I have more split ends than brain cells.
And the top and my temples have tons of really short hairs where I've ripped them out (I don't know why I do that but I can't stop. Sometimes I just do it when I'm bored or stressed and sometimes I'm just like "oh this hairs fucked, I'll just pull it out" and not I look like a crazy person)
Is there any shampoo or hair mask or treatment shit I can do to make me look less like I stuck a fork in an outlet.
I planning on cutting and dyeing it soon but I want it to be less ruined before than because I don't want it too get more ruined? Lmao (it's totally not because I'm scared the hair lady will make fun of me when I leave)

#2 HarleyQ

HarleyQ

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:26 AM

YES. The Shu Uemura Ultimate Reset Mask (and the shampoo if you can afford it) is an absolute godsend. I used it when I bleached the everloving Hell out of my hair and totally ruined/fried it. It went from dry, frizzy, and porous to silky after leaving the mask on for 10mins while showering.. it's pretty expensive though so might not be worth it

To lose:  29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Vomit free since: 29th August 20

#3 Kylamoo

Kylamoo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:37 AM

YES. The Shu Uemura Ultimate Reset Mask (and the shampoo if you can afford it) is an absolute godsend. I used it when I bleached the everloving Hell out of my hair and totally ruined/fried it. It went from dry, frizzy, and porous to silky after leaving the mask on for 10mins while showering.. it's pretty expensive though so might not be worth it

Thank you!
But I probably can't afford that. I'm super poor lol.
I might save up though!

#4 miro

miro

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Location🇹🇷

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:07 PM

amla oil! leave it in for 4 hours or overnight. 

trying my best 

5'8"

#5 Kylamoo

Kylamoo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:41 PM

amla oil! leave it in for 4 hours or overnight. 

thank you!

#6 WitchyBabe

WitchyBabe

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:41 AM

Deep conditioning treatment and a trim is what I did yesterday for exactly the same thing. Worked a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 Kehdice

Kehdice

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:05 PM

Coconut oil, argan oil and if you have the time for prepping look up rice water for hair growth on youtube: it's very cheap and has been used by the women of a chinese village for ages, made my hair really soft :)

#8 Kylamoo

Kylamoo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:47 PM

Coconut oil, argan oil and if you have the time for prepping look up rice water for hair growth on youtube: it's very cheap and has been used by the women of a chinese village for ages, made my hair really soft :)

Thank you!
  • Kehdice likes this

#9 Kylamoo

Kylamoo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:49 PM

Deep conditioning treatment and a trim is what I did yesterday for exactly the same thing. Worked a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

#10 come.on.skinny.love

come.on.skinny.love

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:33 AM

as a cosmetology student, i would recommend getting a good hair mask to help the health of your hair and get it trimmed. if you have split ends, even though there are products like shampoos and masks like claim to fix them, nothing will actually fix split ends and they will continue getting worse and splitting father up your hair. ive made this mistake before. also, if youre going to dye it, make sure you do all this before dyeing if youre going to bleach it. if you bleach its gonna make your hair dry and and feel like hay so youll need to you another mask or deep conditioner. good luck! <3

• ellie
  •  
  • tcc
  •  
  • i miss lil peep
  •  
  • i run the current mpa subreddit! <3 r/myproanadotcom

i’d give my body to satan if i could only keep my soul, but I can’t seem to find the split between them anymore..

weight.png

#11 Kylamoo

Kylamoo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 12:28 PM

as a cosmetology student, i would recommend getting a good hair mask to help the health of your hair and get it trimmed. if you have split ends, even though there are products like shampoos and masks like claim to fix them, nothing will actually fix split ends and they will continue getting worse and splitting father up your hair. ive made this mistake before. also, if youre going to dye it, make sure you do all this before dyeing if youre going to bleach it. if you bleach its gonna make your hair dry and and feel like hay so youll need to you another mask or deep conditioner. good luck! <3

Thank you!😊

#12 TheYInYourManIsSilent

TheYInYourManIsSilent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:01 PM

Get the Sauce Guacamole Whip Deep Moisture Mask from Sally’s beauty supply. It makes my hair so soft and it’s like $10 for a 12 oz. Jar. I ordered mine online from https://www.sallybea...SBS-891607.html

Also, next time you bleach or color your hair, go to a salon that uses olaplex. Olaplex helps rebuild broken bonds in the hair after chemical treatments. Sephora sells Olaplex No. 3 which you can use at home. Also, you can trim your own split ends by putting your hair in braids and snipping the ends with a pair of hair shears you can get from any beauty supply store like Sally’s.

#13 Kylamoo

Kylamoo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

Get the Sauce Guacamole Whip Deep Moisture Mask from Sally’s beauty supply. It makes my hair so soft and it’s like $10 for a 12 oz. Jar. I ordered mine online from https://www.sallybea...SBS-891607.html

Also, next time you bleach or color your hair, go to a salon that uses olaplex. Olaplex helps rebuild broken bonds in the hair after chemical treatments. Sephora sells Olaplex No. 3 which you can use at home. Also, you can trim your own split ends by putting your hair in braids and snipping the ends with a pair of hair shears you can get from any beauty supply store like Sally’s.

thank you!! 

• TheYInYourManIsSilent likes this

#14 Farida

Farida

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:09 PM

Heard about brazilian blowout or kerati treatment?

#15 mn23

mn23

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:22 AM

deep conditioner! give those split ends some extra love. also wide tooth combs instead of brushes supposedly cause less breakage, and hair oils helps, and biotin shampoos or hair growth shampoos helps with breakage, bald spots, hair growth that kind of thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users