Has anyone tried shaving their eyebrow tails off? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Has anyone tried shaving their eyebrow tails off?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 thinxbonesx

thinxbonesx

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 07:24 PM

I’ve been seeing this everywhere recently especially on TikTok where you shave your eyebrow tails off and then draw the ends of your eyes brows on and apparently it makes you look more attractive idrk has anyone tried it tho I’m tempted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 CICOpath

CICOpath

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
  • LocationSOUTH Florida

Posted 05 September 2020 - 07:30 PM

i did once in like hs but the brow pomade would rub off/fade by the end of the day, revealing i only had a half brow (i've always used the ABH one too) 

just make sure you use a product that stays on or be prepared to touch up throughout the day 

• thinxbonesx and hungrygh0st like this
gallery_212432_64639_5332.png
Waldo Emerson | 03.04.2020

Join the **UPDATED** Unofficial MPA Chat Lobby!

med_gallery_212432_64639_10501.jpg med_gallery_212432_64639_36087.jpg

#3 hungrygh0st

hungrygh0st

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 12:50 PM

I’ve been doing it for 14 years! ABH pomade is good unless you live in a super humid/warm climate, then you might be better off with a liquid eyeliner. I’ve gone from drawing super thin goth brows to fuller brows with individual drawn-on hairs. It’s nice to be able to change your brows depending on mood or aesthetic goals, but be prepared they may not grow back. My tails are long gone, but I don’t want them back either.

Also, it can look a bit weird if you ever leave the house without makeup unless you like the alien vibe!

#4 empty-coffeemug

empty-coffeemug

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • Locationpennsylvania

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:48 AM

My shape my brows like this! I was using the Nyx fill and fluff pencil, but I just bought the Colourpop brow boss pencil and I love it. It’s only $6 at Ulta and it’s such a thin pencil I can get more defined smaller strokes that look like real hair from a distance. Shaving the tail ends of my brows off also lets me do my eyebrow slit the way I like it!

HW: 205 GW1: 145 GW2: 140 GW3: 135 GW4: 130

GW5: 125 GW5: 120 GW6: 115 GW7: 110 GW8: 105

UGW: 102.5

CW: 131.8

Lbs lost: 73.8

Lbs to go: 29.3

BMI: 23.7

Goal BMI: 18.2

Height: 5'2.5"

#5 désirée

désirée

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:08 AM

lol yeah. thought i looked soo good. then my mom was like ''um..i've noticed you've started doing your brows differently.. it makes you look angry, it doesn't lift anything if that's what you think''

i was really butthurt but now i'm glad someone told me the truth cuz looking back at pics it didn't suit my face at all

you should try facetune or something to see if it'd suit you

tenor.gif

#6 skinnyclown

skinnyclown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 10:18 PM

it depends on your face structure how you should draw them on but when i started drawing on my brows i never went back, i like to draw them on with a brown brow pencil (or some kind of makeup pencil idc when i'm in a pinch) and then go back over with liquid eyeliner so they don't smudge. experiment a lot with different shapes/lengths, and if you don't like how it looks your brows are gonna come back better anyway

#7 crosstheline

crosstheline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorthern Europe

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:08 AM

I do it! My natural brows are arched, which is fine in itself but not exactly what I want. I prefer the Asian straight brow, and think it looks better on me. I think it's all about facial structure though. If you're in quarantine, maybe you should try it out! I dunno about the lifting effect though, but that's not exactly what I'm trying to achieve anyways lol. I use the Maybelline micro brow pencil and it stays on perfectly, although I don't sweat much.

Tapatalk を使用して私の Nokia 6.1 から送信

170 cm / 5'7

HW: 75 kg / 165 lbs

LW: 56 kg / 123 lbs

SW: 70 kg / 154 lbs

CW: 64 kg / 141 lbs

GW1: 65 kg / 143 lbs

GW2: 60 kg / 132 lbs

GW3: 55 kg / 121 lbs

UGW: 52 kg / 115 lbs

-------------

I really need that Delusion Tax rn.

weight.png

#8 chessssssy

chessssssy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3771 posts
  • Locationvomit capital of sweden

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:18 AM

I used to do that til I shaved them off entirely and it gave me a lot more freedom to do my brows in different ways which I enjoyed

You should always bring product with you so you can touch it up though, I've accidentally rubbed them off way too many times
  • hungrygh0st likes this

im a bulimic with a vomit phobia

giphy.gif

168 cm (5'6)

HW 75 kg (165 lbs)                  

CW 52.1 kg (114.8 lbs)                                     

BMI 18.5

GW 55 kg 50 kg (110 lbs) 

giphy.gif

tumblr_static_4dz20dms0v40cos0ckoc4ck8g.

#9 backrolls

backrolls

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:23 AM

I do it! My natural brows are arched, which is fine in itself but not exactly what I want. I prefer the Asian straight brow, and think it looks better on me. I think it's all about facial structure though. If you're in quarantine, maybe you should try it out! I dunno about the lifting effect though, but that's not exactly what I'm trying to achieve anyways lol. I use the Maybelline micro brow pencil and it stays on perfectly, although I don't sweat much.

Tapatalk を使用して私の Nokia 6.1 から送信

lol i'm the opposite. mine are straight, but i draw them arched or "snatched" up

Stats (Oct. 9):

height: 164 cm (5'4")

cw: 49.5 kg (109 lbs)

bmi: 18.4

♥♥♥

lw: 34.7 kg (76.5 lbs) bmi: 12.9

hw: 62 kg (136.7 lbs) bmi: 23.1

gw: 47-46 kg (103-101 lbs) bmi: 17.5-17.1

#10 backrolls

backrolls

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:25 AM

actually did it recently. it's very fun to experiment with different brow shapes everyday. i use abh pomade and they stay on all day (i have combo skin).

try it!

the downside is that i now kinda "have" to draw them every time i leave the house, otherwise it looks really weird to only have half brows haha. so i think i will let them grow back now.

Stats (Oct. 9):

height: 164 cm (5'4")

cw: 49.5 kg (109 lbs)

bmi: 18.4

♥♥♥

lw: 34.7 kg (76.5 lbs) bmi: 12.9

hw: 62 kg (136.7 lbs) bmi: 23.1

gw: 47-46 kg (103-101 lbs) bmi: 17.5-17.1

#11 hungrygh0st

hungrygh0st

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:53 PM

I used to do that til I shaved them off entirely and it gave me a lot more freedom to do my brows in different ways which I enjoyed

You should always bring product with you so you can touch it up though, I've accidentally rubbed them off way too many times

Saaaame! Once i fell asleep with makeup on and woke up with my eyebrows perfectly transferred onto my arm lol
  • chessssssy likes this

#12 starving-satisfaction

starving-satisfaction

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1683 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:48 PM

mine naturally are very thin and light at the ends so i went ahead and shaved them. i think it looked cute, but it made my face look wider than it was. (i was overweight and i already have a roundish face) ive always drawn my eyebrows in a sort of up and out shape anyways, that’s kinda the shape i have naturally and i like it on the pretty alt girls online. it’s been about a year and my eyebrows have only just now been restored to their natural state. they were super thin over this year

i also had the issue with my brow product coming off. i use this Sephora liquid type eyebrow gel that you put on a surface using the doe foot applicator and it’s basically like a gel eyeliner but a bit more runny. idk what it’s called. it dries pretty fast and it’s easy to get smooth lines. anyways i would make sure to powder my tail area with translucent powder (not too much) and then draw the tails on with the liquid stuff using an angled brush, and while it was barely still wet i would take a similar eyeshadow color and press it on top of the liquid eyebrow gel thing. it would make the ends be dark so i tended to leave the inside more natural and taper to the really sharp ends. Then set the whole thing with a thin layer of clear brow gel, concentrating on the hairs

she/they!

𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖒: starvingsatisfaction

y͎o͎u͎ ͎m͎a͎t͎t͎e͎r͎

US crisis hotline: 1-800-273-8255
NEDA hotline: 1-800-931-2237

chasing a body i know that i'll never outrun.

18 y/o • ed since 2011

#13 starving-satisfaction

starving-satisfaction

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1683 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:49 PM

My shape my brows like this! I was using the Nyx fill and fluff pencil, but I just bought the Colourpop brow boss pencil and I love it. It’s only $6 at Ulta and it’s such a thin pencil I can get more defined smaller strokes that look like real hair from a distance. Shaving the tail ends of my brows off also lets me do my eyebrow slit the way I like it!

i LOVE that pencil. nyx has a similar one which is good too.

she/they!

𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖒: starvingsatisfaction

y͎o͎u͎ ͎m͎a͎t͎t͎e͎r͎

US crisis hotline: 1-800-273-8255
NEDA hotline: 1-800-931-2237

chasing a body i know that i'll never outrun.

18 y/o • ed since 2011

#14 doublezerocoke

doublezerocoke

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6533 posts
  • Locationvatican city

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:50 PM

I did it back when quarantine first hit and been doing it ever since, can definitely lift your face if you draw them on in that fox eye way. And honestly, people say it looks bad when the makeups off but I think its super cute regardless? Like I like my stubby lil half brows a lot more than my naturally bushy arched brows.

Height: 5'3 // 160 cm

CW: 96 lbs // 43.5 kg

LW: 84 lbs // 38.1 kg

HW: 104 lbs // 47.1 kg

Current BMI: 17.0

GW1: 90 lbs // 40.8 kg

GW2: 85 lbs // 38.5 kg

UGW: 80 lbs // 36.2 kg (or lower)

#15 todissentdissipation

todissentdissipation

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:12 PM

I have half a brow, anyway so I use a Covergirl black pencil to fill them in at the tips. I'm considering microblading, though.

Someone like Emily Brontë,who remained a girl all her life despite her body as a woman.- Anne Carson

Height: 5 feet 11 inches tall

Weight in 2013 before medications: 147​ BMI: 20.5 (lowest weight)

Current Weight: 170 pounds

Lowest Weight: 126 

(fat monster) BMI: 22.3

I binge ate my way to 160 pounds now.

First Goal Weight: 160 (obviously)

Second Goal Weight:130 pounds

Ultimate Goal Weight: 120

proud vegan!

I didn't know how good I had it as a twelve year old girl without any self harm scars.

She wanted liberty. Well didn’t she have it? A reasonably satisfactory homelife, a most satisfactory dreamlife—why all this beating of wings? What was this cage, invisible to us, which she felt herself to be confined in?” - Anne Carson

You’re sad because you’re sad.

It’s psychic. It’s the age. It’s chemical.

Go see a shrink or take a pill,

or hug your sadness like an eyeless doll

you need to sleep.

"Self disgust is self obsession and honey I do as I please." - Richey Edwards

Praise bounteous
providence if you will
that grants even an ogre
a tiny glow-worm
tenderness encapsulated
in icy caverns of a cruel
heart or else despair
for in the very germ
of that kindred love is
lodged the perpetuity
of evil. - Chinua Achebe

#16 Ruskanova

Ruskanova

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2341 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

I have not but I would really recommend you not to do it

5'7

HW : 130lbs

LW : 86lbs

CW : 117lbs

GW1 : 116lbs

GW2 : 112lbs

GW3 : 108lbs

#17 amethystbirdie

amethystbirdie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:12 PM

I shaved mine off a few months ago, and although I've since returned to drawing my brows sort of in their natural shape, I really enjoyed doing those dramatic straight upwards pointed brows and it was really fun to do. I shaved off a half, not just the ends, so the only downside was that I wasn't confident enough to go out without doing my brows, I would usually fill them in even when at home, but I also found them kinda cute. Mine are almost grown out, but I'd say - if you're curious, go for it! After all, it's gonna grow back eventually.
Also, I recommend carrying your brow product with you - I managed to rub half of my brows off by accident a few times.

#18 AutumnAddict

AutumnAddict

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:17 PM

Holy shit, I've actually done this, but not for that reason. Lol A few years back, I was plucking my eyebrows, and got super fixated and plucked too much because I couldn't get it to look even, so I just fucking shaved the ends off and started drawing them on. Took me a few weeks to realize it looked like SHIT. XD But I'm not great with that kind of thing anyway, so I can't speak for others. Didn't know it was a "thing" now. If you're happy with your eyebrows as they are now, there's no need to go along with it. But trying new things is cool too because you never know if you'll end up liking it.

#19 johnny joestar

johnny joestar

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:51 PM

yes do it its cute

5hk4vRv.jpg

dbc61aw-4140f87e-5ef9-4b92-86a9-9cd6e2df dbc61s6-fbeff91a-638d-42eb-a526-effae954

𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉

dcw538h-e50382de-06e6-4004-9180-f117d41a dc0ufaw-79eec0ea-b290-4b49-bd49-aeb96a99 ddfp8y7-9546b934-5361-49fa-aa24-0349aa5a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users