best to worst: books you had to read in school - Page 2 - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

best to worst: books you had to read in school

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 cookiemaestro

cookiemaestro

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Locationmy kitchen

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:48 AM

best: The Sandman by E.T.A. Hoffmann and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

worst: Faust by Goethe and The Dykemaster by Theodor Storm

I literally wasn´t able to understand anything while reading Faust and The Dykemaster. It just wasn´t possible for me. I had no idea what was going on and it was absolute hell. Tbh I still hate my "best" books but at least I could understand what was actually going on and was able to at least work with it so these are the ones I hate the least.

My Accountability

Height: 153cm/ 5´0

Spoiler

#22 sad_hamlet_with_a_knife

sad_hamlet_with_a_knife

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:34 PM

I don't remember all of them, but I'll try with the really memorable ones.
1. Best was Handmaid's Tale. I've reread it about 150 times.
2. Persepolis, Maus, and Beloved were all pretty good. I'd call it a three way tie for second place.
3. Merchant of Venice was *chef's kiss*
4. Julius Caesar was pretty good. Not amazing, but pretty good.
5. Romeo and Juliet. Meh. I didn't like it much, but Mercutio saved it from being totally boring.
6. Into the Wild. Fucking hated that Chris motherfucker. I mean it sucks that he died and all but what a fucking idiot. I got mad that he died doing such dumb bullshit and got canonized for it.
7. Lord of the Flies. So fucking boring.
8. King Lear. Even more boring.
9. Ethan Frome. You ever read that short story I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream? You know what bit where AM describes its hatred for humanity? That's how I feel about this book.

I guess I just want my invisible jet. 

tumblr_n0ijpgCZnY1ry7xw9o1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users