Anybody else use caffeine pills cuz they're too lazy to workout without it? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anybody else use caffeine pills cuz they're too lazy to workout without it?

caffeine caffeine pills pills workout exercise supplements

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 (WannaBeHappy)

(WannaBeHappy)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:55 PM

I have 0 energy or willpower to exercise without those bitches.

#2 peach dreams

peach dreams

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:54 PM

Oh, absolutely. I don't work out anymore (long story) but I was 100% reliant on caffeine to get it done. Was especially helpful for weightlifting in my experience 

#3 writeherthin

writeherthin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:28 PM

Okay.

Please be careful. I know that's cliche and weird saying on this site...

but abusing caffiene pills, diet pills and 0 cal energy drinks is likely what cause my tachycardia (fast heart rate) and it kinda sucks now being 24 on a med usually given to elderly folx with high blood pressure.

Just be careful. Try not to exceed 400mg of caffiene a day (this is consider the 'safest' daily amount) and be careful when mixing it with other energy supplements/drinks (ie Bai drinks are uber low in calories, but have caffiene in them, etc) 

• (WannaBeHappy) likes this

CW: 252 lbs

Stranded somewhere between relapse and recovery.

Somewhere between strength and starving.

Hoping to find home in this body but only

being filled with shame

2013 - Restrictive ED

2015 - Recovery

2016 - Still hanging on to recovery, but started to falter around

2017 - was doing okay until trauma... Binge Eating disorder.

2018 - still fighting BED.

2019 - Recovery <3 Learning to love this body, view food as fuel and exercise as something to ease into.

2020 - Engaging in some restrictive behaviors (is this lapse or relapse? no one knows?)

#4 (WannaBeHappy)

(WannaBeHappy)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

Okay.

Please be careful. I know that's cliche and weird saying on this site...

but abusing caffiene pills, diet pills and 0 cal energy drinks is likely what cause my tachycardia (fast heart rate) and it kinda sucks now being 24 on a med usually given to elderly folx with high blood pressure.

Just be careful. Try not to exceed 400mg of caffiene a day (this is consider the 'safest' daily amount) and be careful when mixing it with other energy supplements/drinks (ie Bai drinks are uber low in calories, but have caffiene in them, etc) 

Thank you, I appreciate your concern. ❤️❤️❤️

• writeherthin likes this

#5 WiltheLardo

WiltheLardo

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:49 PM

I wake up each morning at 7:50, take a caffeine pill and go back to bed. It's literally the only way I get out of bed daily

#6 writeherthin

writeherthin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:08 PM

Thank you, I appreciate your concern. ❤️❤️❤️

You're welcome! Also something a little safer/healthier for your heart is things with B vitamins like Powerade and what not because they help your heart do it's job and can help with energy levels. My doctor prefers me drinking those or even the BAI drinks (35mg of caffiene in those, but it's got like antioxidants and stuff too.) And i know this is counter intuitive on an ed forum, but try to make sure you are keeping your blood sugar stable as this can impact energy - even if you have to get glucose tablets on the days you can't eat real food

• (WannaBeHappy) likes this

CW: 252 lbs

Stranded somewhere between relapse and recovery.

Somewhere between strength and starving.

Hoping to find home in this body but only

being filled with shame

2013 - Restrictive ED

2015 - Recovery

2016 - Still hanging on to recovery, but started to falter around

2017 - was doing okay until trauma... Binge Eating disorder.

2018 - still fighting BED.

2019 - Recovery <3 Learning to love this body, view food as fuel and exercise as something to ease into.

2020 - Engaging in some restrictive behaviors (is this lapse or relapse? no one knows?)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine, caffeine pills, pills, workout, exercise, supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users