Anyone want to do modified ABC with me - Page 3 - ABC Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone want to do modified ABC with me

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:40 AM

I agree with purple skeleton. Also, your body can hold water for whatever other reason - if you're eating below maintenance, you ARE losing fat, even if the scale might not show it (yet). Give it some time and it will! :)

• Purple-Skeleton and English_Rose like this

#42 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:21 AM

I'll be posting from the browser right now, and it'll be a bit later for me, because Tapatalk is being a total bitch, and apparently I don't have enough posts to view anything .

So it's not that I'm not engaging anyone, it's that my phone is a c*nt and I can't wait to have the other one shipped!

All right, I managed to get this dumb app working again. Also, I lost 1.2lbs! Current weight is 116.6lbs!

Breakfast:

Premier Protein Shake: 160 cals
McCafe Medium Regular: 40 cals

Total: 200

Not the healthiest, but I was on the run since I had to wake up ludicrously early this morning.

Lunch:

My homemade fish: 369 cals
This awesome decaf Bob Marley tea I got from a food auction: 130 cals

Total: I can't math, so like 520ish?

With the exercise I've currently done, I'm sitting around 420 for calories. Because it's later in the afternoon already, this may be my last meal for the day, depending on if these painkillers kick in.
  • Purple-Skeleton and English_Rose like this

#43 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 996 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:06 AM

Thank you everyone for being kind 

I had an unexpected guest drop by this morning and he brought breakfast burritos. I had one and now my day is at about 600 cal. I will have to switch day 6 with day 7. Today will be 600 and tomorrow will be 400.

Honestly I feel so much better with the PMS now that I've eaten a proper meal. 

I will keep powering through this as best I can.. I will try my best not to make substitutions like I did today because last time I failed for these reasons.

ABC really is such a hard thing to do when you spend time with other people.. I get that it's normal to have breakfast burritos and refusing today was extra hard. And would have looked really weird as I purposely am keeping little food in the house and he noticed this. 

• Purple-Skeleton and miaouxx like this

Starting weight : 145

Current weight :  145

GW1: 135 

GW2: 130

GW3: 125

GW4: 120

GW5: 115

#44 Glorificus

Glorificus

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:58 AM

Thank you everyone for being kind 

I had an unexpected guest drop by this morning and he brought breakfast burritos. I had one and now my day is at about 600 cal. I will have to switch day 6 with day 7. Today will be 600 and tomorrow will be 400.

Honestly I feel so much better with the PMS now that I've eaten a proper meal. 

I will keep powering through this as best I can.. I will try my best not to make substitutions like I did today because last time I failed for these reasons.

ABC really is such a hard thing to do when you spend time with other people.. I get that it's normal to have breakfast burritos and refusing today was extra hard. And would have looked really weird as I purposely am keeping little food in the house and he noticed this. 

When eating issues/dieting start impacting your social life, you need to focus on your relationships above all else - bollocks to losing weight

I started all this eating disorder crap in 1990 & pushing people away so I can focus on not eating is one of my biggest regrets

Eventually, folk will just stop inviting you to things & they assume it's because you hate them, when it's actually because you don't want to be 'forced' into a situation where you might have to eat like a normal person

It's super, super morbid, but if I keeled over one day in my flat, I'd be one of those 'the neighbours complained of a funny smell' lonely death people as I literally don't know anyone in my new town

I pushed away the one person I do know (used to invite me over for family meals, I kept giving excuses, they gave up) and it sucks

You should never feel bad about 'forced' eating situations with friends & family - life is very short & a nice ass & flat belly is nice, but not so much when you're spending Christmas Day alone for the 9th year in a row like Miss Havisham (it ain't fun)

*self pitying rant over, lol* 

• Purple-Skeleton, Kijaha2 and English_Rose like this

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

• Find out how to not die of starvation if you're dirt poor

‚Äč

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

3e4d8e0c0156bf56ae2cdd78926ebd23.giftumblr_miec8sQhIP1qfhzgyo4_r2_250.gif

tumblr_p0tca05c2q1w67ki0o1_r1_500.gif

#45 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 996 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

When eating issues/dieting start impacting your social life, you need to focus on your relationships above all else - bollocks to losing weight

I started all this eating disorder crap in 1990 & pushing people away so I can focus on not eating is one of my biggest regrets

Eventually, folk will just stop inviting you to things & they assume it's because you hate them, when it's actually because you don't want to be 'forced' into a situation where you might have to eat like a normal person

It's super, super morbid, but if I keeled over one day in my flat, I'd be one of those 'the neighbours complained of a funny smell' lonely death people as I literally don't know anyone in my new town

I pushed away the one person I do know (used to invite me over for family meals, I kept giving excuses, they gave up) and it sucks

You should never feel bad about 'forced' eating situations with friends & family - life is very short & a nice ass & flat belly is nice, but not so much when you're spending Christmas Day alone for the 9th year in a row like Miss Havisham (it ain't fun)

*self pitying rant over, lol* 

Thank you :) I used to be really social in my 20's but now that I'm in my 30's I love quieter activities and I'm totally content on my own, but I hear you I am the biggest loner I know too.. although not due to eating, it's more because I mostly work from home and live alone and I've been forced to enjoy my own company..I'm such a hermit now it is ridiculous. Don't feel bad so many people these days have so many issues and lack empathy for those like us.

I personally noticed that the less contact I have with others, the less headaches there are. 

• Purple-Skeleton and Glorificus like this

#46 Purple-Skeleton

Purple-Skeleton

Advanced Sage

• Supporter
  • 1591 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:23 PM

SO TRUE!

No diet is worth to sacrifice your happiness which is also based on socializing...ABC is long enough to give you benefits even on half days successful or even if it will help with some restricting on some days that is good! Consistency over perfection! 

• English_Rose and Glorificus like this

#47 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 996 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted Yesterday, 03:30 AM

Day 7 (swapped with day 6) 400 cal allowance 

Breakfast: 1 packet instant oatmeal 120 cal

tea with a splash of almond milk 

using my herbal magic tablets and I think they are helping with appetite control 

lots of walking and burned 400 cal 

Lunch: Baked potato (no toppings besides a little salt)  270 

works out to net 400 cal approx. 

Done for today.

Today was the first day I actually felt weak and shaky..I will only go over my calories if I start feeling faint ( my body is like clockwork, last time I did this, day 7 was rough, started out feeling shaky and ended up almost fainting) 

• Purple-Skeleton and miaouxx like this

#48 Purple-Skeleton

Purple-Skeleton

Advanced Sage

• Supporter
  • 1591 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:10 AM

You guys I lost 7 lbs in 4 days I am happy with for now and I am going to take a break from mpa due to personal issues.

• Kijaha2, English_Rose and cheshire_kitten like this

#49 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 947 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM

I lost track of what day I was on, so I'm just going to start on the Friday of the first week. I had a bit of a weird day yesterday, and my phone's being a total bitch.

Breakfast:

Banana: 132g
Blueberries: 70g

Total: 174 cals

Lunch:

Thai Express Basil Fried Rice With Chicken: 315 cals for 2/5 servings

Medium Regular Coffee: 40 cals

Total: 355 cals

Haven't walked or anything because my interview took a lot longer than I anticipated, which I'm taking as a good sign. However, the fact that I'm preferring part time rather than full is probably going to cost me.

Snack:

Coconut water: 60 cals
Medium Coffee Regular (Tim Hortons ): 105 cals

Total: 165

Total net calories right now after job and walks: like 182.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
  • Kijaha2 likes this

#50 Kijaha2

Kijaha2

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:20 PM

Oooookay so I messed up yesterday (day 4, 800 cal limit) so I guess I'm going to redo it today since I don't think I messed up toooo badly.

Yesterday I had a bagel with cream cheese and strawberries, a small serving of mac and cheese, and then spaghetti with a creamy pesto sauce and a few vegetables for a total of close to 800 exactly. However, I also ended up splitting a bottle of wine with my boyfriend which I reacted to extremely negatively due to an untimely flareup of an autoimmune disease and spent about an hour throwing up wine and spaghetti. Since it's really impossible to tell how many calories I actually absorbed, I'm just going to repeat day four today. I weighed this morning but I'm the exact same weight as yesterday. Saturday is my "official" weigh in day so I'll update lbs lost since starting the diet and bmi! 

Day 4

Toast and scrambled eggs - 500

Cereal and soy milk - 280

Total: 780/800

Yay! It's only 5 pm here right now but honestly I'll probably go to bed soon, it's been a stressful day. Also, I literally just found out while typing up this post, but RIP Ruth Bader Ginsberg  :(

5'4 

HW: 132

LW: ~ 80 

CW: 114

Tumblr: http://idksomethinggeneric.tumblr.com/

#51 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 996 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted Today, 06:06 AM

Day 8 800 cal

Up really early

Breakfast: breakfast burrito with eggs and spinach 300 cal 

tea with splash of almond milk and 1/2 tsp coconut sugar 20 cal

It feels like such a treat to have 500 calories left to play with. Going work my morning walk as soon as it gets light out. 

-400 cal from my walk today ( am sticking to net calories ) 

Leaving 900 cal 

had a psl leaving me around 700 cals to play with.. it is actually so exciting it's a little sad lol 

I will have some chicken noodle soup as I am totally soaked and shivering in front of my fireplace now. It did feel god to go for a long walk in the rain. leaving approx 400 calories for dinner/snacks 

• miaouxx likes this

#52 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted Today, 08:47 AM

You guys I lost 7 lbs in 4 days I am happy with for now and I am going to take a break from mpa due to personal issues.

Take care xxx

#53 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted Today, 08:49 AM

I royally fucked up the last 1 1/2 days. I don't even know what happened. 

Maybe even double the calories is too low for my fat ass. 

I am thinking about restarting on Monday. Haven't decided yet. For now I am just mad at myself.

#54 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 996 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted Today, 10:22 AM

I am thinking about restarting on Monday. Haven't decided yet. For now I am just mad at myself.

I did that once so far too. I just repeated that day. 

#55 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 947 posts

Posted Today, 01:53 PM

Sorry for the random hiatus. My other phone has pretty much bricked itself. I have around 15% on it, and I had to revert back to my of very old, but extremely reliable phones. Problem is, I can't see dick all on it, and half of the apps don't work on it because its a little too old and doesn't process them as well. So, I'll update when I am able, and I'll see everyone in maybe three or four days! Love you all!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

#56 Kijaha2

Kijaha2

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

You can do this!! Try not to be too hard on yourself. Even double the ABC is a very low amount of calories.

5'4 

HW: 132

LW: ~ 80 

CW: 114

Tumblr: http://idksomethinggeneric.tumblr.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users