deleting a topic - Technical Support - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

deleting a topic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eatmyslefskinny

eatmyslefskinny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:28 AM

how can i delete topics ive posted?

#2 AndThen

AndThen

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11736 posts
  • LocationOregon High Desert.

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:07 AM

how can i delete topics ive posted?

I don't believe that you can delete them completely.  But if you edit them, be sure to select the "Use Full Editor" option, as that will allow you to edit the title, as well as the text body.

Remember though, you can only edit your own posts.  If other people have replied to your topic, and you want those responses to go away too, you'll need to contact one of the moderators to help you with that. 

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

#3 FluffSkin

FluffSkin

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSkinny fuckery land

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:31 AM

I don't believe that you can delete them completely.  But if you edit them, be sure to select the "Use Full Editor" option, as that will allow you to edit the title, as well as the text body.

Remember though, you can only edit your own posts.  If other people have replied to your topic, and you want those responses to go away too, you'll need to contact one of the moderators to help you with that. 

It's reeeeally odd that option is not available, like why? Sometimes (my topics at least) don't get any views or replies. It's just dead & no can't delete. I once tried contacting support but got no answer back. So all I can really do is just edit it and put "deleted"..

• cosmosfreeze likes this

source.gif

#4 AndThen

AndThen

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11736 posts
  • LocationOregon High Desert.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:22 AM

Sometimes (my topics at least) don't get any views or replies. It's just dead & no can't delete. 

Well the thing is, it's likely that your topics are being read.  But notations about how many total views they have gotten don't show up until someone has posted at least one reply. Otherwise "views" just sit at zero, even if lots of people have actually read the topic.   It's another one of the little technical glitches here I'm afraid, and didn't used to be like that years ago. 

My sense is that being responsible members of this community means seeing that everyone's topics receive a reply, but I've noticed recently that there seems to be a rise in posts that never get answered.  Not sure why it should be that way recently - Maybe people are just feeling more overwhelmed these days, with all of the shit that's been going on in the world ?   In any case, everyone needs to keep an eye out for those "zero" threads, and make sure they get answered I think.   If they get answers, it also bumps them back up to near the top of the forum again, where they get a second chance for more responses too. 

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

#5 FluffSkin

FluffSkin

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:55 AM

Well the thing is, it's likely that your topics are being read.  But notations about how many total views they have gotten don't show up until someone has posted at least one reply. Otherwise "views" just sit at zero, even if lots of people have actually read the topic.   It's another one of the little technical glitches here I'm afraid, and didn't used to be like that years ago. 

My sense is that being responsible members of this community means seeing that everyone's topics receive a reply, but I've noticed recently that there seems to be a rise in posts that never get answered.  Not sure why it should be that way recently - Maybe people are just feeling more overwhelmed these days, with all of the shit that's been going on in the world ?   In any case, everyone needs to keep an eye out for those "zero" threads, and make sure they get answered I think.   If they get answers, it also bumps them back up to near the top of the forum again, where they get a second chance for more responses too. 

Great forum with great flaws.

• AndThen likes this

source.gif

#6 Lunarien

Lunarien

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:29 PM

Great forum with great flaws.

my Notifications are not working (yesterday and today)

This means, if someone quotes me I will not know about it and I will not reply,

and I dont want people to think that Im not giving them any attention or that I am being a snob

:(

|  5.8'' | OSFED  | Currently: Healthy BMI |

stars.jpg

Since 17 / 10 / 2020 my notifications are not working  

If you are quoting me, I am sorry but I dont know about it

#7 FluffSkin

FluffSkin

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:57 AM

my Notifications are not working (yesterday and today)

This means, if someone quotes me I will not know about it and I will not reply,

and I dont want people to think that Im not giving them any attention or that I am being a snob

:(

U sure ur settings're alright? This happens to me too sometimes too tho.. Or I when I don't follow a topic I don't always get notifications back. Weird.

source.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users