my cashews kinda taste like fries - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

my cashews kinda taste like fries

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3648 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:20 AM

lol idk dudes maybe its because it's early. but i just had some cashews. and the whole time it felt like i was eating fries. a little off putting but i'm not so far gone as to believe my cashews are secretly fries in disguise.

anyways. it's totally the sodium and fat content lol. but it gets me thinking, on how so many cravings for junk are really just cravings for certain macros. food for thought.

• **M**, aneles, deeperthanbone and 1 other like this

#2 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1911 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:34 AM

I’m convinced cravings mean you’re deficient in something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Beakerr, aneles, anarchiczera and 1 other like this

#3 phoenixthelost

phoenixthelost

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:48 AM

I wonder what craving pastries mean.

Cashews are amazing.
  • aneles likes this

#4 morningme

morningme

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:51 PM

I have this exact thing, only with Chickpeas - especially the ones preserved in water, so they're extra mushy. 

They taste just like potatoes to me. Tiny little potatoes in disguise haha.

I put a bunch of salt on them and eat them one-by-one like popcorn lol.

My body definitely wants its carbs back. 

whenever I'm craving something, my first thought is always, " SO .  .  .  what vitamin am I deficient in now ?? "  

I've definitely always viewed it as your body's way of telling you some nutrient you're missing.

cravings can actually be really helpful. 

unless it's unhealthy stuff ? then I assume my microbiome is unhealthy, and double down on the probiotics. 

• aneles likes this

#5 Cerina

Cerina

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 01:12 PM

thats what ive always believed and its true isnt? cravings are because you need something, we connect protein with meat subconsciously and someone who is used to fast food is going to go get a burger instead of tofu or a chickpea bowl or grilled chicken lol

Your average long term member back again

#6 Mionni

Mionni

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:11 AM

Both are yummy

#7 MadForGarlic

MadForGarlic

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12039 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:36 AM

Oddly, when I ate raw cashews first time it tasted like cotton candy. So sweet and soft
  • Beakerr likes this
Spoiler

#8 caffeine fix

caffeine fix

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:53 AM

Recently (since reducing sugar) i find my almonds taste like marzipan. Not rocket science i know since marzipan IS almond, but i didn't previously think they taste similar. I swear my tastebuds have done that magical/mythical adapting thing!
  • Beakerr likes this

#9 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3648 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:36 AM

Recently (since reducing sugar) i find my almonds taste like marzipan. Not rocket science i know since marzipan IS almond, but i didn't previously think they taste similar. I swear my tastebuds have done that magical/mythical adapting thing!

it's like the flavor has been reduced to its true form LOL

#10 peach dreams

peach dreams

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1300 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:53 AM

This post gives me anxiety haha fries are safe foods for me but nuts? Oof scares me
(But like anxiety in a funny way)

#11 peach dreams

peach dreams

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1300 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:55 AM

This reminds me of an old Fully Raw Kristina video (used to watch her when I did rt4) where she shredded some cauliflower and was like "wow!!!1!1 it tastes just like parmesan" lmao
  • Beakerr and caffeine fix like this

#12 caffeine fix

caffeine fix

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:30 AM

This reminds me of an old Fully Raw Kristina video (used to watch her when I did rt4) where she shredded some cauliflower and was like "wow!!!1!1 it tastes just like parmesan" lmao

This made me laugh out loud!
  • peach dreams likes this

#13 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3648 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:45 AM

This post gives me anxiety haha fries are safe foods for me but nuts? Oof scares me
(But like anxiety in a funny way)

if i had to pick a junk food it would be fries they tasty. 

i wanna reincorporate potatoes back in to my diet but........... i might die. maybe later this winter when i'm desperate for heat lol.

#14 peach dreams

peach dreams

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1300 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:28 AM

if i had to pick a junk food it would be fries they tasty.

i wanna reincorporate potatoes back in to my diet but........... i might die. maybe later this winter when i'm desperate for heat lol.

I'm hclf and it sounds like you are the opposite of me, so take my advice with a grain of salt knowing that but I find potatoes SUPER satiating. Like I could have a potato and even though it's relatively low cal I find it super satisfying to me. I don't really crave anything else with it, if that makes sense. And I binge a lot, so that isn't true most of the time. And sweet potatoes? Oh my God my favorite. Anyways, I love potatoes and will suggest them to literally everyone I know lol

#15 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3648 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

I'm hclf and it sounds like you are the opposite of me, so take my advice with a grain of salt knowing that but I find potatoes SUPER satiating. Like I could have a potato and even though it's relatively low cal I find it super satisfying to me. I don't really crave anything else with it, if that makes sense. And I binge a lot, so that isn't true most of the time. And sweet potatoes? Oh my God my favorite. Anyways, I love potatoes and will suggest them to literally everyone I know lol

you're my other half <3 together we make a real life balanced diet XD

i've always been an avid supporter of potatoes the potassium content is thru the roof!! and vegan mashed sweet potatoes are so good!! i'm sadly too afraid of most carbs at the moment. even though potatoes are amazing sources of nutrition, i just can't do it, yet. soon though. 

• peach dreams likes this

#16 peach dreams

peach dreams

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1300 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:44 PM

you're my other half <3 together we make a real life balanced diet XD

This is so fucking funny omg
  • Beakerr likes this

#17 Hgo

Hgo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:31 PM

You again haha , maaaan you need to get your taste buds checked, first the vile bit of salmon and now cashew fries , what's next?

#18 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3648 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:56 PM

You again haha , maaaan you need to get your taste buds checked, first the vile bit of salmon and now cashew fries , what's next?

omfg i've been roasted

like a cashew :0)

there's an arabic saying, "you don't know the taste of your own mouth" and i'm ngl i've been told this a LOT growing up ahahaha. 

• Hgo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users