Newbie saying hi! - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Newbie saying hi!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blue-Potato

Blue-Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:52 PM

Hi!

(oh, I guess I already did everything that's in the title, so I should probably leave now... oh, wait!)

I'm a potato of the couch variety and I really love the color blue, so that's why I picked this username.

I've been severely overweight/obese my entire life - I'm not even kidding, a PE teacher made fun of me for being fat at the age of 7. The thing is, my family is the kind that basically has food in the center of everything: food is celebration and consolation, it's a way of showing and accepting love, it's a way of bringing everyone together... and it's tasty as heck, 'cause everyone can cook well. So I've always had a love-hate relationship with food and a hate-hate relationship with my body.

I've tried all sorts of diets, yadayada, most of you probably know how it went, since I'm here and still morbidly obese. In the past four years, I haven't tried to lose weight because after spending a couple of months in the hospital because of depression an anxiety, I did my best to "love me as I am" and "celebrate my body at it's size". Well, I'm done pretending. I'm not happy with my body and never was, and I know very well that the rest of the world agrees with me that I'm not pretty, even if they won't say it to my face. So I'm gonna embrace my inner demon who hates my body, I'm gonna go through this journey and try to come out a better me at the other side... and then figure out how to stay there. I know being thin won't fix my life or my mind, but at least it also won't get in the way like being fat does.

My current status are:

Current Weight: 130kg / 286.6 lb

Lowest Weight: 82 kg / 180.78 lb

Goal Weight: 50kg / 110 lb

Oh, and if you are on the heavier side and genuinely love yourself: congrats! It's great that you love you and you must be a really wonderful person. Me not being able to love my body at it's heaviest has nothing to do with you rocking your body at whatever shape/weight it has, ok? All I'm saying is I'm tired of pretending to feel like that and I want to do something about how I actually feel about myself.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!

• skinnyme-isback likes this

#2 etrox318

etrox318

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4954 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you

Posted 20 September 2020 - 06:53 PM

Hi! Welcome to MPA.
I love your writing style lol. You're so clever.
I'm sorry you're not loving yourself right now. Check out the higher BMI section, they're pretty cool & accepting there.
😃
  • Blue-Potato likes this
https://www.myproana...-back-on-track/MY OLD ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana... MY NEW ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana...ookbooks-vegan/ MY MCDOUGALL RECIPE ADVENTURE
Female, diagnosed bulimic, previously diagnosed an-bp.
Hufflepuff, infp. Mostly vegan.
5'7"
Hw 208 BMI 32.6
Lw 105 BMI 16.4
Ugw 99 BMI 15.5
September 2020 Cw 129.3 BMI 20.2

#3 skinnyme-isback

skinnyme-isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2674 posts