fasting tips? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

fasting tips?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 samanthanunes

samanthanunes

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:16 PM

hii so i am doing a 72+ hr fast, im 18 hours into it right now and doing well but i was wondering if you had any tips for me :) ill probably end it at 90.7 hours or so, so any tips will help !!

#2 looking_for_alaska

looking_for_alaska

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:20 PM

coffee!

Do you also have times during fasts where you feel not hungry anymore? Like I've been eating 200-500 for the last 3 days cause I've been in quarantine but I've also been completely sedentary. So I'm not really hungry so I guess that's great but at the same time I'm upset cause I feel like if I was losing weight I'd STARVING so I must not be losing any weight and that's frustrating cause if I'm gonna eat that low I wanna lose weight goddammit!! Also I LOVE feeling hungry for some reason and the hungrier I get the less likely I am to eat, but if I'm not hungry then I just crave junk food. It's so weird, like I only respond to cravings now and not hunger.

• Kyrie and samanthanunes like this

5'4
HW: 155.6 :(
CW: 139.6
GW: 112

#3 Nainsi

Nainsi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts
  • LocationDissociating

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:40 PM

I’d probably just sleep the whole day lmao or stay in bed. I really don’t recommend doing a lot of sports, and I’d also drink powerade/Gatorade at least once. But I SUCK at fasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • samanthanunes likes this

Insta: @brokentinydoll | Accountability

#4 DaynaDoll

DaynaDoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBelfast Northern Ireland

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:09 PM

I try to sleep most of it or work and that takes my mind off it. Iv caves today and just ate two chunks of chicken pakora but literally that’s all Iv had bar water, tea or coffee but still beating myself up about it. I’m not even sure how many calories are in it :(

#5 meee

meee

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:22 PM

distract yourself and have caffeine and elecrolites suplements to prevent feeling to weak....

They yell at me because I can't see what they see. Nobody can explain to me why my eyes work different than theirs. Nobody can make it stop.

Going through massive relapse atm... after being "recovered" from bulimia-stopped binging and puring cuz it led me to highest bmi

AN, BPD, PTSD, panic and anxiety disorder, depression, self harmer

height: 167.5cm /5*6

HW: 89kg/198lbs (32)

LW: 48. 7kg/107lbs (17.4)

CW: 48.7kg/107lbs (17.4)

GW1: 48(106lbs (17.1)

GW2: 46kg/101lbs (16.3)

GW3: 44kg/97lbs (15.7)

85ec0fd57537580e50a244cd7c989bab.png<p>NOT NATIVE AMERICAN SPEAKER

#6 mecha

mecha

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:37 PM

doing something! cleaning up or getting to things youve been putting off, like homework or something. hanging out with friends is chill too. or if you can drive, just go to the mall/some place and walk around, get a black coffee maybe. i usually put myself in situations where i PHYSICALLY cannot access food too

UGW: 47kg 

#7 samanthanunes

samanthanunes

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:58 PM

thank you all for the tips !! im going to be trying to do weekly fasts! :) and maybe the abc diet 

#8 meee

meee

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:54 AM

How r u doing?
They yell at me because I can't see what they see. Nobody can explain to me why my eyes work different than theirs. Nobody can make it stop.

Going through massive relapse atm... after being "recovered" from bulimia-stopped binging and puring cuz it led me to highest bmi

AN, BPD, PTSD, panic and anxiety disorder, depression, self harmer

height: 167.5cm /5*6

HW: 89kg/198lbs (32)

LW: 48. 7kg/107lbs (17.4)

CW: 48.7kg/107lbs (17.4)

GW1: 48(106lbs (17.1)

GW2: 46kg/101lbs (16.3)

GW3: 44kg/97lbs (15.7)

85ec0fd57537580e50a244cd7c989bab.png<p>NOT NATIVE AMERICAN SPEAKER

#9 TheDarkSideOfYourMom

TheDarkSideOfYourMom

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMainland Europe

Posted Yesterday, 02:26 AM

Take a laxative before. I know everyone says they're bad, and they are if you use them each day every day. Once in a while won't hurt though. And so much easier to start from a blank state.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
  • GeorgiaF likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users