How did you feel at your LW physically, and what was BMI? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How did you feel at your LW physically, and what was BMI?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Hazelw

Hazelw

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:21 AM

My CW is about BMI 17, and on the whole I feel ok, although some days I do feel rough/shaky/weak. I was wondering how people have felt at lower BMIs, and how did you function?

#2 lithesome

lithesome

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2540 posts
  • Locationeurope

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:43 AM

My BMI is 14 and honestly I feel fine as long as I eat a little something, even if it's just a bite of a cookie or a slice of apple the whole day. It's the fasting for prolonged periods of time that really fucks with me. I have absolutely no energy so I sleep all day, I can barely walk and even my speech becomes slurred.
  • Dpaarsksenger likes this
tumblr_o3lnfswVgH1twgsxao1_400.gif
5'8" (173 cm)
 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif(51 kg) 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100 99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 90 89 88 (40 kg)tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif

#3 Hazelw

Hazelw

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:42 AM

I get the speech becoming slurred too - I think for me it’s the blood sugar drop, it makes my concentration awful too (along with the weakness etc).

It seems to go either way with sleep - my sleep seems to get so much worse at lower BMI, though maybe that’s the caffeine 😅

Do you find your blood sugars drop more often at a lower weight? I tend to find this happens more :/
  • yxoufv4 and stkitty like this

#4 Lightningbolt

Lightningbolt

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:42 AM

My lw was around a bmi 16.5 as an adult. My fingernails turned blue, my chest hurt and had heart palpitations, slurred speech, brain fog, couldn’t think or concentrate, dizzy, blurry/black vision when standing up before it’d clear, sorta stuff. I’m surprised I didn’t faint 😬Given that at that time, I was low restricting, didn’t drink water, didn’t exercise and ate whatever was low cal vs for nutrition really; I’m at a 16.6 atm and I need 0.8lbs to get to my lw once again but now I’m high restricting, exercising, 2L water a day usually and count macros. I feel now! Cause I wasn’t stupid this time ‘round!

and I was around 14.5 as an 11 year old but I ate whatever at that time (pre ed) as my ed was just starting out around 11/12. I don’t think that one really counts?
  • Hazelw and melodiiiiiii like this

#5 Hazelw

Hazelw

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:58 AM

My lw was around a bmi 16.5 as an adult. My fingernails turned blue, my chest hurt and had heart palpitations, slurred speech, brain fog, couldn’t think or concentrate, dizzy, blurry/black vision when standing up before it’d clear, sorta stuff. I’m surprised I didn’t faint 😬Given that at that time, I was low restricting, didn’t drink water, didn’t exercise and ate whatever was low cal vs for nutrition really; I’m at a 16.6 atm and I need 0.8lbs to get to my lw once again but now I’m high restricting, exercising, 2L water a day usually and count macros. I feel now! Cause I wasn’t stupid this time ‘round!

and I was around 14.5 as an 11 year old but I ate whatever at that time (pre ed) as my ed was just starting out around 11/12. I don’t think that one really counts?

I get almost all of the symptoms you described at 16.5 - the lack of concentration and brain fog have been terrible, I just started a therapist and I’m wondering if she’ll say there’s no point doing the therapy soon, as I don’t make sense sometimes :/ I know I’m really slow to answer the questions.

The heart palpitations scare me so bad - I’m not sure but I think mine tend to happen more with low blood sugar? It’s happened a few times recently so I’m trying to eat more, but now I feel better I just want to go back to restricting , urg. I worry about fainting a lot too.

Can I ask - as an adult, how do you function? I’m an adult too, and it’s so hard working a full time job with brain fog/bad concentration/insomnia :(

#6 bones_are_beautiful19

bones_are_beautiful19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:23 AM

bmi - 13.5 and i felt absolutely fine. i mean yes i was tired and pretty weak but u don’t rlly notice not having energy after a while. i was v pale and covered in bruises tho. i had postural tachycardia (but who doesn’t right) but as i was high restricting and eating VERY balanced i felt better then when i was low restricting at a higher bmi

#7 Milussi

Milussi

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

My BMI was 9 at the lowest and I felt miserable. I did not function at all, I could barely walk. 

156 cm/5.1
HW: 61 kg/134 lbs BMI: 25
LW: 20 kg/44 lbs (I was a little shorter) BMI: 9 (Spent eight months in the hospital hooked up to a feeding tube) 
CW: 61 kg/134 lbs BMI: 25
GW: 35 kg/77 lbs BMI: 14

#8 lavendersoul

lavendersoul

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:08 AM

I've never been underweight, I think it's bc of my hypothyroidism, but my LW was 18.9 bmi. I was dizzy, had hunger pains so bad I couldn't move, I was eating around 50-300 kcal a day, fasting for long periods of time and everything just hurt. I was so tired. My legs shaked when I stood.

#9 Lightningbolt

Lightningbolt

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:07 PM

I get almost all of the symptoms you described at 16.5 - the lack of concentration and brain fog have been terrible, I just started a therapist and I’m wondering if she’ll say there’s no point doing the therapy soon, as I don’t make sense sometimes :/ I know I’m really slow to answer the questions.

The heart palpitations scare me so bad - I’m not sure but I think mine tend to happen more with low blood sugar? It’s happened a few times recently so I’m trying to eat more, but now I feel better I just want to go back to restricting , urg. I worry about fainting a lot too.

Can I ask - as an adult, how do you function? I’m an adult too, and it’s so hard working a full time job with brain fog/bad concentration/insomnia :(

Honestly? I live with my family. I don’t currently work cause of Covid and I’m going to school in Feb. I don’t have as much brain fog anymore because I high restrict now. When I do have brain fog and concentration issues is very hard to function and I just seem slow. This happened at work too and I found it very frustrating. The low blood sugar thing I just tend to pass out for a few hours or so and my family knows I have chronic illness (don’t know about ed exactly), and I have seizures so I’m allowed to rest and they know it’s because of my body being extremely exhausted.

#10 Bigfatsweetpotato420

Bigfatsweetpotato420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 07:51 PM

My lowest BMI was 11 and I felt horrible and wanted to die lol. Currently I’m at 12.6

#11 Bigfatsweetpotato420

Bigfatsweetpotato420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 07:52 PM

Off topic maybe but I’ve felt like it’s more “worth it” to maintain a slightly higher weight than my LW
  • renge, strawberryclouds and Vvsux like this

#12 Cerina

Cerina

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:56 PM

at 14-15 i felt like shit and wanted to die tbh

Your average long term member back again

#13 garbage.lasagna

garbage.lasagna

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:50 PM

i feel ashamed to read all these girls at bmi14-16.
i've only ever been as low as bmi 18 and i felt like shit .. though i can't tell if it was due to my weight or due to severe depression combined with a heavy, colorful mixture of abused drugs.

I read somewhere though that people starting at higher weight tend to feel more symptomatic as they become closer and closer to being underweight. For example, someone who went from 160lbs to 100lbs may feel worse than someone who went from 110lbs to 100lbs because the heavier person's body went through more starvation-related stress. idk how true this is but it makes sense.
  • strawberryclouds and Vvsux like this
🖤

#14 Somnus

Somnus

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:35 AM

I remember how I would just zone out, sometimes it felt like reality was skewed. I was living off gallons of artificially sweetened tea, iceberg lettuce, miso and broth soups, so I was nutritionally void which didn't help.

Also very very weak, like a foal trying to walk for the first time. BMI was 13.7 

#15 しんすけ

しんすけ

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:03 AM

So I never had a really low BMI, the lowest I got to was 17 buuuut I got there very very unhealthily (basically I was either water fasting or purging if I got over 200 calories a day) since I dropped the weight so rapidly I felt like absolute shit, lost my period for 3 months and a good chunk of my hair.
I was so tired it was awful, but I think it has more to do with the way I lost the weight than my actual BMI since I once dropped to BMI 18 in a "healthy way" (800-1000 cals a day plus exercise) and I felt fantastic !
166 cm/ 5ft5

HW : 68 kgs/149lbs (Bmi 24.3)CW : 62 kgs/ 138 lbs (Bmi 22.6)Gw1 : 55 kgs/121 lbs (Bmi 20.0)Gw2 : 50 kgs/110 lbs (Bmi 18.1)Gw2: 48 kgs/ 105 lbs (Bmi 17.4)Gw3 : 45 kgs/ 99 lbs (Bmi 16.3)<p>UGW : 42 kgs/92 lbs lbs (Bmi 15.2)

Kinda tired of this meatsuit
😒

weight.png

#16 Boba's Fatt

Boba's Fatt

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • LocationAboard Slave I, geosynch orbit above UK

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:12 AM

12.0 was my lowest and I felt like shit, I had a severe gallbladder infection that turned into sepsis and wound up in ICU lol.

I've spent years at 12s-13s though.  I b/p a LOT.  Generally I feel okay as long as I'm keeping decently hydrated and not abusing lax as well as purging.  Due to non-ED physical stuff I have fatigue and dizziness regardless of BMI and it doesn't seem worse here than it did at 16.5.  When my K+ stores are depleted and my serum K+ starts dropping things start getting hairy though.

||| I don't have junk in the trunk, I have Captain Solo in the cargo hold |||

''If wishes were horses, those wishes would all run away, shrieking and bucking, terrified of a great unseen evil''

''You can run, but you'll only die tired.''

''Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.''

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

And have you any dreams you'd like to sell?

Dreams of loneliness

Like a heartbeat that drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

And what you had

And what you lost....

#17 castlerockkids

castlerockkids

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:45 AM

when i was at my lw (110.8lbs, bmi 18~, 5,7”) i felt horrible all the time. i was exhausted, cold and shaky, but it also felt amazing to be so low.

#18 whatsername☆

whatsername☆

Tofu Queen

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22728 posts
  • Locationinside a unicorn onesie

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:09 AM

my LW is somewhere in the low 14s and i honestly felt like i was going to die every day. in the 15s it wasn't as bad, and i felt pretty good around 16, but anything under 15 = not a fun time for me

🔥💀🔥

Spoiler

accountability and time wasting

share some humor here

horses make life better- v2.0

ba0c9213505997c1c735a4f178010214.gif

#19 Nainsi

Nainsi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3052 posts
  • LocationDissociating

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:21 AM

At my lowest, around 16, I was doing okay. Was just walking all the Time which was exhausting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insta: @brokentinydoll | Accountability

#20 rissa ann

rissa ann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:23 AM

I am currently at my lowest, 12.8. Physically I have low energy, even walking up one flight of stairs is tough:(
I haven't worked out in so long. I have low potassium again, doc just said I have to go to ER again for IV potassium since my stomach can't tolerate the high dose orally.
I have also aged alot!!! Worst part, look a lot older than I am which sucks, face wrinkles really came out now that my face is so thin, hate it but I also love being so thin I never feel fat anymore, can wear anything and like how it looks!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

poptartenthusiast15