waterrrrr - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

waterrrrr

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aniakindaday

Aniakindaday

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:17 PM

How much water do you guys usually drink per day? I'm always either nervous about drinking too much water causing me to gain (even temporary) weight so I have like one glass a day or I just go crazy and have 5 litres of water in a few hours. Just wondering where you all are at on that one haha

#2 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4395 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:25 PM

I almost never get thirsty so I've made a habit to just always have a glass of water or diet soda nearby. I try to get 60-100oz per day because that's ideal for flushing out water weight.
  • Aniakindaday likes this

Stuck at the surface.

Not making progress.

Falling apart while I'm trying my hardest.

#3 PixieHoney

PixieHoney

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:57 PM

If you drink a lot of water every day, your body will learn to process it more quickly. This will flush out your body, reducing water retention and bloating, and make you look slimmer too. In order to figure out how much water you should drink each day, it's between 0.5-1 fl oz per lb of your body weight. So, for example, if you weigh 130 lbs, you should try to drink anywhere between 65 - 130 fl oz of water per day.

• smoars likes this

#4 LexiMcQueen

LexiMcQueen

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:49 AM

I've been lazy-tracking my water consumption while on a water fast and I usually drink around 2 liters per day. Some days even that amount seriously takes effort.

I've noticed though that whenever I eat starches or bread or something, I get thirsty af. I drink tons then.

#5 schsam15

schsam15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:44 AM

I drink a LOT of water. My body naturally craves it and I can easily down 48+ ounces whenever I eat a meal/snack. I’d say I get at least a gallon a day.

Downside is that I’m always peeing 🙃

#6 azi

azi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:06 AM

i need to drink more water but i have adhd so i forget, probably only get through a bottle a day

#7 Nyl

Nyl

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:55 AM

I always drink between 3 and 4 liters of water a day.

When I first became sick in my teens I used to limit water intake so that I didn’t ‘gain weight’, but these days I try and drink as much as I can within that range. Drinking more helps your body not to retain water in the first place...and also keeps my stomach full.

#8 LazyLimbo

LazyLimbo

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Locationinside my thoughts :)

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

I try to drink loads of water cause it actually aids in cleansing your body in the long run so I just try and keep drinking! Plus it keeps me full, the only downside is that you have to pee 24/7

5'4

cw: 170   sw: 178.2     gw1: 140.0     gw2: 120.0      ugw: 108.0

BMI: ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users