How can I loose 9 pounds in one month? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How can I loose 9 pounds in one month?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 heroiinechic

heroiinechic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:43 AM

I've been reminiscing about the time I was at my lw of 113 about two years ago fresh out of a breakup. I want to hit 110. Is it possible to loose 9 pounds by my birthday, in a month? If not 9, how could I at least loose 5 to begin?

I've been considering the 2468 diet, but my binging fears are crazy atm. Really don't want to get into a b/p cycle.

Any tips/what I eat in a day comments would be so helpful!

x G

H - 5'2

CW - 119.5

GW1 - 110

GW2 - 100

Make me Bella Hadid

#2 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16949 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:53 AM

Nine pounds is highly doable, and can be done through restricting or fasting. Fasting is likely the way to go if binging is a problem, as once you start eating a little bit you are most likely bound to binge if binging plagues you. Takes about two days to get food chemicals out of your system, and once you are clear of those both fasting and restricting becomes so much easier. If you want to eat, then eat stuff like high protein greek yogurt, oatmeal, cherries, and seedless grapes.

• Weak69 likes this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3 Soulina

Soulina

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:03 AM

You would need a deficit of 1050 calorie a day to be able to do it. (Counting you have 30 days to do it) so in theory yes you could do it.

But if you truly fear binges and have had problem with them before I would try to go for the 5lbs that is deficit of 584 calories. This of course requires that you know your TDEE.  At your height and weight your TDEE is low if you do not exercise regularly. I would try to maybe go 400 under your current TDEE and then try raise it by 200-300 with exercise if you are not already active.

-No-one gets to Heaven

Till they've lived a while in Hell

And even then it's rare

That you'll be going there-

Height 5'2 / 159 cm

• HW:194lbs (88kg) (May 15th 2020)
  • CW:167,8lbs (76,1kg)
  • GW1:165lbs (75kg)
  • GW2:154lbs(70kg)
  • GW3:136lbs (62kg)
  • UGW:99.5lbs (45kg)

#4 Nullivorous

Nullivorous

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2496 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:25 AM

It's literally just clean/healthy diet and moderate exercise. No magic pill or secret eating disorder trick will miraculously make you drop tons of weight super fast without major blow back (like yo-yo weight fluctuations, falling into massive binge cycle 2 weeks in, physical/cardiologic damage from diet pill side effects).

Just focus on lean protein (aim for 50-60g of protein every day, based on your cw/gw), lots of vegetables and fresh fruit, limit grains, and avoid junk food. You'll physically feel more alert and energetic compared to the same amount of calories on shit processed food. Go on walks, play a sport (like tennis, frisbee) with a friend, run, just something active outside. your TDEE when sedentary is probably 1600-1800 (unless you have major fucked up metabolism from years of ED), so aiming for 1300-1500 kcal/day and the light/moderate activity should be enough to get you at least 5 pounds down by then. Doing 1000-1200 kcal/day is the lowest you should do or else you have the extreme drawbacks as mentioned in first paragraph (or the binge fears you mentioned). But it's better to eat an extra 300 kcal and burn off 300 kcal than to do neither. It's better to lose just 3 pounds of stable/real weight than to be stuck in a yo-yo of binge/fast the same 5 pounds over the next 3 months because you want too rapid of results.

Just let me relapse without judgement

Legit Nutritionist Degree

Inbox always open for questions or memes

The only hurdle to becoming who I want to be is me

MY ULTIMATE WEIGHT PREDICTION CALCULATOR!! FREE TO USE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hEqFBBhu6Tz6HVK6fiJ_mY_rpRVXDg3eQzacH6qY-NE/edit

Coronavirus Survival Thread:

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/3967739-enduring-quarantine-hangouts-tips-and-tricks-galore/

#5 rabbitwhore889

rabbitwhore889

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:56 AM

It certainly is doable! :) although, there are some ways better to do it than others.

Since binging is an issue, I'd suggest:
-eat only whole foods
-no simple carbs, only complex ones (oats, fruit, veg, whole wheat products etc)
-eat balanced meals: i.e. ensure that you're getting some protein, carbs and fat at each meal. It slows the rate of digestion and leaves you feel more satisfied having consumed all the macro groups
-this should happen naturally while eating whole foods, but be mindful of your fiber intake. It keeps you fuller for longer and is tremendously useful for your digestive system to keep things moving at a satisfactory pace.
-protein. Also keeps you fuller for longer and speeds metabolism. It plays some vital roles so try to make protein and fiber priorities if you can.
-painfully obvious, but fill up on liquids! Not only do they make you feel fuller, but they also cause some foods (such as oats) to expand further in your stomach, which again adds to the fullness factor. I think this is also true for whole wheat pasta and rice.
-exercise. You don't have to, but trust me when I say it helps. It doesn't have to be some crazy workout, even just a 30 min daily walk helps burn calories and improve digestion, also helps with water weight. Activities such as shopping naturally have you walking a lot and burning calories with barely noticing. You could also put on your favorite music and dance it out. Cleaning also burns a decent amount of calories. If you or friends have pets, take them for a walk. All these active passtimes add up! (:
-you could also look into your macros and play around to see what works for you. Personally, I aim for 60g carbs, 40g protein minimum and <25g fats. The carbs is just enough to minimize water weight but keep me out of ketosis (id gain quickly if I was in keto because I do love carbs and having the flexibility to eat more if I want to), the protein is enough that im maintaining adequate levels in my body (at least according to my smart scale) and I once spoke to a body builder who said he lost a ton of weight eating <25g fat (although I know our circumstances are different bc he was muscular af, tall and was working out a lot so he had the TDEE of a beast lol).

I think watching your calories is a good idea too, but i understand that can be difficult in a binge cycle. Have you heard of the healthy skinny girl diet? I think the calories range typically from 800-1200, with one 400 day thrown in there somewhere. So high restriction basically with a low restriction day in the middle. Maybe its worth a look :)

#6 heroiinechic

heroiinechic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:03 PM

It's literally just clean/healthy diet and moderate exercise. No magic pill or secret eating disorder trick will miraculously make you drop tons of weight super fast without major blow back (like yo-yo weight fluctuations, falling into massive binge cycle 2 weeks in, physical/cardiologic damage from diet pill side effects).

Just focus on lean protein (aim for 50-60g of protein every day, based on your cw/gw), lots of vegetables and fresh fruit, limit grains, and avoid junk food. You'll physically feel more alert and energetic compared to the same amount of calories on shit processed food. Go on walks, play a sport (like tennis, frisbee) with a friend, run, just something active outside. your TDEE when sedentary is probably 1600-1800 (unless you have major fucked up metabolism from years of ED), so aiming for 1300-1500 kcal/day and the light/moderate activity should be enough to get you at least 5 pounds down by then. Doing 1000-1200 kcal/day is the lowest you should do or else you have the extreme drawbacks as mentioned in first paragraph (or the binge fears you mentioned). But it's better to eat an extra 300 kcal and burn off 300 kcal than to do neither. It's better to lose just 3 pounds of stable/real weight than to be stuck in a yo-yo of binge/fast the same 5 pounds over the next 3 months because you want too rapid of results.

This is very insightful thank you. I was doing between 600 and 800 cals this past week and I feel as though I could comfortably go for 1000ish without feeling too negative. I've been successfully avoiding junk and processed foods for the past week so I'll incorporate more fruit, veg and protein. Also! Can I pm you?

H - 5'2

CW - 119.5

GW1 - 110

GW2 - 100

Make me Bella Hadid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users