Has anyone else noticed that when they got close to their ugw their symptoms and behaviors got worse? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Has anyone else noticed that when they got close to their ugw their symptoms and behaviors got worse?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Desolation-Boy

Desolation-Boy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:41 PM

Im 2.6 lbs away from my UGW and my symptoms and behaviours have gotten way worse/sped up. I also chewed and spit for the first time in public today. And I feel that when I get to my ugw I will want to go even lower. I am in line for a refeeding program and my doctors are worried. I know I need to go to this program but I am severely terrified to gain weight. I have had my Ed for 11 years. It started when I was eight and I am now 19. I could use a friend. My discord is:. orange-juice221#1595

Add me on Discord: orange-juice221#1595

Add me on snap: boy.andthebeast

Diagnosis: Anorexia Binge Eating/purging Subtype

Pronouns:; He/Him

height: 5'5''

sw: 120.8 lbs 

CW: 99lbs  

Gw1: 110

Gw2: 105

Gw3: 100

Gw4: 97

UGW: 95

#2 KillusionofControl

KillusionofControl

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationIn the forest with Jason

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:15 PM

I think its because when you're so close to something you've been anticipating it becomes much more urgent. like how when you tell a kid they're going to Disneyland in a week they'll be excited but contained but once you get out of the car in the Disneyland parking lot they'll be practically foaming at the mouth scrambling to get in the gates

sorry for comparing this to Disneyland but that's the first thing that came to mind

• Skinnerella likes this

Diagnosed AN in 2015

Height: 5'6"

CW: 108

HW: 127

LW: 93

GW: 103

"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

#3 Desolation-Boy

Desolation-Boy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:51 PM

I think its because when you're so close to something you've been anticipating it becomes much more urgent. like how when you tell a kid they're going to Disneyland in a week they'll be excited but contained but once you get out of the car in the Disneyland parking lot they'll be practically foaming at the mouth scrambling to get in the gates

sorry for comparing this to Disneyland but that's the first thing that came to mind

That makes sense. I figured it was that. But I also just feel more skilled at my behaviours. My ED is really just going at it now that I know I'll be gaining soon.I can't wait to have the support of staff and others suffering honestly, but it will be hard cause at this program you are expected to eat and what you don't eat gets replaced by an ensure plus with the calories you didn't eat estimated by staff. I'm going to be crying allllll the time.. I'm honestly so . Fucking . Scared. Of all of this. Me, my ED, the program, recovery, my past, present, future.its just too much, I want to lock myself in a room and never leave so I don't have to think about anything because none of it would get me.

Add me on Discord: orange-juice221#1595

Add me on snap: boy.andthebeast

Diagnosis: Anorexia Binge Eating/purging Subtype

Pronouns:; He/Him

height: 5'5''

sw: 120.8 lbs 

CW: 99lbs  

Gw1: 110

Gw2: 105

Gw3: 100

Gw4: 97

UGW: 95

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users