condiments and other weird snacks/cravings - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

condiments and other weird snacks/cravings

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 witheringweed

witheringweed

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:49 PM

so uhhhhh i used up all my groceries and refuse to buy more bc im scared of binging, but i have these intense flavor cravings so i started eating dijon and yellow mustard, multiple hot sauces, and plain salsa. not spread on anything, but straight from the jars.

i take a few tbsp ( like literal tablespoon measures) and just like... eat them when i want to snack and it satisfies my cravings, and now im literally just craving the condiments.

if i want something sweet, i have a tbsp of sugar free raspberry preserves for like 10 cal, or a lil bit of skinny syrup (i got these autumn themed ones, pumpkin caramel scone which is the best, maple donut and pumpkin cinnamon roll, they are SO good, i do use them for my coffee mostly but yeah i started having them on their own oof)

but yeah now i just want to fully embrace it and buy all the low cal condiments i can find bc i haven't binged since i started doing this shit

ALSO i have been drinking jalapeno and pickle juice from the jars??? like i finished the pickles and jalapenos, then kept the jars to sip on the liquid. 

today i bought more pickles n jalapenos just bc i craved the juice from them. i even debated buying other pickled things, like  pickled asparagus and capers.

ive never been a fan of pickled things til like a week or two ago????????

#2 KillusionofControl

KillusionofControl

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationIn the forest with Jason

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:53 PM

I fkn love salsa. I have eaten an entire jar of it as lunch before

• witheringweed likes this

Diagnosed AN in 2015

Height: 5'6"

CW: 108

HW: 127

LW: 93

GW: 103

"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

#3 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:27 PM

I've gotten odd cravings for pickled banana peppers. I'll just buy a random small jar and have a few bites. And then I'll leave it for a bit, and go back to it again.

As for your case, unless you're male, have you had a pregnancy test? I'm joking, but I'm kind of not.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

#4 witheringweed

witheringweed

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:44 PM

oh definitely not pregnant! haven't been sexually active in many months, n got tested at my last physical a few weeks ago !! <3 

I've gotten odd cravings for pickled banana peppers. I'll just buy a random small jar and have a few bites. And then I'll leave it for a bit, and go back to it again.

As for your case, unless you're male, have you had a pregnancy test? I'm joking, but I'm kind of not.

• nonyabusnass likes this

#5 Desiderata

Desiderata

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1457 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:56 PM

i eat mustard by the spoonfuls and the sweet gherkins or pepperocini/banana peppers are life.

it’s that intense flavor we craved, also perhaps the salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts
  • Locationwonderland

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:57 PM

Kimchi

BODY CHECKS

ElaborateMajorHermitcrab-max-1mb.gif

CW: 105 (BMI 16.7)

Last weigh in: 2020/08/06

150   130   110  100

GW: 88

#7 jackalyvia

jackalyvia

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:23 AM

Just be careful bc almost all the stuff you mentioned is high in acid, combined with a nearly empty stomach can cause you to have some serious acid reflux issues and breathing fire is no fun
  • witheringweed, garbage.lasagna and beargirl like this
"Beatus istos ille, circa pes ad terra" (Blessed art thou with thier feet to the ground)<p>-RUNNING IS LIFE-
H - 5'9" cw- 110.8

#8 Oakleyx

Oakleyx

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1825 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:51 AM

Omg does anyone know what I’m talking about when I say HP steak sauce? Is that just a Canadian thing?

I used to literally eat it with mashed potatoes and I went to the grocery store excited af to buy it thinking it would be low cal becuase of its vinegary taste but NOPE fucking loaded with sugar I think it was like 60cal a tbsp like wtf

Discipline

#9 Catman500

Catman500

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:52 AM

As somebody above has stated about pregnancy, would you say that potentially you could be low on iron? No judgement here because I actually fully understand your situation and can appreciate why this would bring satisfaction and comfort :) however low iron/anemia can cause cravings that some may view as different. Just a thought. :)

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

#10 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:20 AM

You’re not alone...I’ve done this for years and it’s a great way to satisfy cravings. Also, our tastes/cravings change and evolve. I found myself craving black licorice (gag) last week and I HATE black licorice lol?!?!

Also, pickled okra is something I discovered last year and it’s really good if you’re looking for new pickled items
Xo
Ht. 5'3"
CW 89
BMI 15.8

LW 78
GW ???

#11 pumpkin seed

pumpkin seed

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6494 posts
  • Locationthe ruins of a castle built on sand

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:39 AM

i love pickles, pickled banana peppers, stoneground mustard, salsa, kimchi... definitely have eaten all of those just from the jar before lol although my fav would be salsa, i used to love eating a whole container of this black bean and corn salsa just by itself as a "meal", sounds pathetic maybe but it was honestly pretty good. a lot of the time food is really just a "vehicle" for the condiment anyway so the way i see it, why not just leave out the "real food", spare myself some calories and just cut straight to the best/most flavourful part :lol:

height: 5 ft 9.5

lw: 112

cw: fat

hw: 165

ugw: 99

#12 watanuki

watanuki

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:53 AM

Peanut sauce is SO good, too bad peanuts are high in calories :( It makes eating vegetables so much more enjoyable 

5'6 (168~ cm)

CW: 148 (67kg)  BMI: 24

GW: 110 (49kg) UGW: 99 (44kg)

#13 carrot-cake

carrot-cake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:01 AM

I've been drinking salad dressings since I was a toddler really. As my family does low calorific dressing with vinegar and only a little oil, this isn't even bad :)
There have been occasions when I made dressings simply to drink them and everyone in my family makes jokes about that. I simply love dressings :)

Also, I love capers!

#14 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:50 AM

oh definitely not pregnant! haven't been sexually active in many months, n got tested at my last physical a few weeks ago !! <3

Lol, I had to check, sorry! Sexually active is overrated, anyways.

#15 Barbie The Wire

Barbie The Wire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

I like sauerkraut.It's low cal and tastes like salt and vinegar chips to me.

#16 .Debaser.

.Debaser.

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 7784 posts
  • LocationFight Club. Oops...

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:46 PM

pickles dipped in ranch flavored popcorn salt is great
  • Oakleyx and witheringweed like this

Highest BMI = 26.6            Lowest BMI = 14.4            Goal BMI  = 13.0

tumblr_ngr5bnG4AP1taw7zdo1_500.gif

21 y.o            Female            ENTP-T            Diagnosed AN-bp in 2017

More gifs in spoiler

Spoiler

#17 witheringweed

witheringweed

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:58 AM

actually yes i am very iron deficient :0 i have been for years tho and never had such weird and specific cravings, but this could def help explain it! 

As somebody above has stated about pregnancy, would you say that potentially you could be low on iron? No judgement here because I actually fully understand your situation and can appreciate why this would bring satisfaction and comfort :) however low iron/anemia can cause cravings that some may view as different. Just a thought. :)

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

#18 witheringweed

witheringweed

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:01 AM

ive heard of this!! in the us we have A1 sauce which is pretty much the same i think :0 

Omg does anyone know what I’m talking about when I say HP steak sauce? Is that just a Canadian thing?

I used to literally eat it with mashed potatoes and I went to the grocery store excited af to buy it thinking it would be low cal becuase of its vinegary taste but NOPE fucking loaded with sugar I think it was like 60cal a tbsp like wtf

• Oakleyx likes this

#19 Nainsi

Nainsi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3049 posts
  • LocationDissociating

Posted Yesterday, 02:02 AM

Sometimes I literally drink low cal vanilla syrup omg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insta: @brokentinydoll | Accountability

#20 witheringweed

witheringweed

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 AM

oh no i didnt even consider this D: i already have reflux issues and i purge, so now im like worried bc i dont want to add any more damage to my teeth or esophagus  :(

Just be careful bc almost all the stuff you mentioned is high in acid, combined with a nearly empty stomach can cause you to have some serious acid reflux issues and breathing fire is no fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users