My skin is so fucking dry and I'm poor - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My skin is so fucking dry and I'm poor

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gabs801

Gabs801

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

I have a really good Nivea moisturizer/ body lotion (?)
Sorry, English is not my first language
It was enough until now. My skin is so dry. I have liquid bephantol, glycerin and almond oil to help. Do you guys think I should mix it in the Nivea or apply it individually? I have bio oil, but I can't buy more right now, it is almost over, unfortunately. I'm thinking about buying cheap vitamin E lol. And moisturize my skin more often too.
  • Anamia. likes this

#2 salad days

salad days

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1470 posts
  • Locationin bed

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:14 PM

i definitely think you should apply it individually, and give each ingredient time to absorb. start from water-based serums and gels, then oils and finally heavy creams. i've heard that it's best to moisturize right after you shower! and don't forget to drink plenty of water :)

• Gabs801 and Homeshoppergirl like this

anorexia nervosa b/p subtype / 20 /

tumblr / instagram /

giphy.gif

#3 salad days

salad days

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1470 posts
  • Locationin bed

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:29 PM

just wanted to add:

long hot showers are NO BUENO for your skin, even if they feel really, really good. i learned this the hard way, my skin was so dry at one point (after taking super hot showers that lasted for 30 minutes every day) that it would crack and bleed...

• Anamia. and Gabs801 like this

anorexia nervosa b/p subtype / 20 /

tumblr / instagram /

giphy.gif

#4 Anamia.

Anamia.

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5332 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

just wanted to add:

long hot showers are NO BUENO for your skin, even if they feel really, really good. i learned this the hard way, my skin was so dry at one point (after taking super hot showers that lasted for 30 minutes every day) that it would crack and bleed...

Hot showers feel too good to not take them.
Nivea is a classic good moisturizer and you can usually find it at the dollar store so slap it wherever you get dry af post-shower.
If you can (easier said than done as fats are calorically dense) try to incorporate more fat in your diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Gabs801 likes this

Height: 5'55 

HW:200
SW:166
CW: c u r r e n t l y  s t r u g g l i n g  w i t h  e d e m a

UGW: 90 

Maintenance Goal: Staying in the range of the 40kgs (90-105ish lbs). BMI 16 probs the sweet spot.

Accountability: https://www.myproana...tarving-artist/

Affirmations: 

I am worthy of abundance in my life. (Just not in regards to fat on my body okay I want that fat-free female figure.)
Opportunities are always attracted to me and I am always presented with them at the right time.
I am worthy of financial security and financial abundance.

Gave up recovery and the idea of recovering.

I'm not so naiive as to believe that reaching my UGW would be ultimate happiness,

but it is so much easier to be sad and underweight than it is to be fat and depressed.

#5 Gabs801

Gabs801

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

i definitely think you should apply it individually, and give each ingredient time to absorb. start from water-based serums and gels, then oils and finally heavy creams. i've heard that it's best to moisturize right after you shower! and don't forget to drink plenty of water :)

I don't know if glycerin will affect the nivea lotion absorption :/ I will search it. Thank you for the advice! And, yeah, water always haha.

just wanted to add:

Ouch :/ Sounds painful. I hope you're better

Hot showers feel too good to not take them.
Nivea is a classic good moisturizer and you can usually find it at the dollar store so slap it wherever you get dry af post-shower.
If you can (easier said than done as fats are calorically dense) try to incorporate more fat in your diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

> Hot showers feel too good to not take them.

I agree But I try to take my showers with warm water, not hot.
Yeah, I will definitely up my nivea game haha
I take some, hmm, fish oil supplements,I don't know if it's enough. I will search abt it, thank you :)

#6 mn23

mn23

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

cerave daily mosturizing cream and aveeno for dry skin (dark blue bottle) are amazing, both work really fast. I use the aveeno for my skin and its light and mosturizing not sticky at all, and the cerave cream for my face (and even body) in the winter because my skin gets sooo dehydrated, and its a little heavier that their lotion, but it fixes dry skin overnight๐Ÿ˜
Also if you slowly transition to lukewarm from warm, colder showers start to feel warmer, but maybe thats just me. I think the longer youre there or more used to it the warmer it feels.
Try not to do too much to your skin, because too many oils, mosturizers, or hydrators will overload and confuse your skin and actually make it worse. Stick to a few good hydrating products, and your skin will improve. Good luck ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Gabs801 likes this

#7 starving-satisfaction

starving-satisfaction

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1740 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:09 AM

they have vitamin e oil at the dollar store and Other stores will leftover sunscreen on sale

applying vitamin e oil after a shower, and then some cream sunscreen will moisten you up. but you might look greasy lol. or clog pores.

ngl dollar store cocoa butter is worth a shot. you may need a few applications to get moisturized
  • Gabs801 likes this

she/they!

๐–Ž๐–“๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–Œ๐–—๐–†๐–’: starvingsatisfaction

yอŽoอŽuอŽ อŽmอŽaอŽtอŽtอŽeอŽrอŽ

US crisis hotline: 1-800-273-8255
NEDA hotline: 1-800-931-2237

chasing a body i know that i'll never outrun.

18 y/o โ€ข ed since 2011

#8 pickles312

pickles312

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3621 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 October 2020 - 02:49 PM

Olive oil. Yep, the one in the kitchen.
  • Gabs801 likes this

#9 greennn

greennn

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 12:12 PM

My friend, Vaseline. It's $4 for the big tub. And if you're really hurting for money, you can get the off brand. A thin layer over your skin should be enough, but if it isn't, you can just reapply later.

I think bio oil is overpriced. Try Neutrogena's body oil with no fragrance if it is available in your country & put it on straight out of the shower. Moisturizing just after washing your face or showering is best to lock in moisture.
  • prince jin, saint_anything, ๐“๐“ท๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ช and 1 other like this
30-22-32.5
Ouch.

#10 cocainemodel

cocainemodel

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1357 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 01:31 PM

I'd try something with hyaluronic acid. It's made a huge difference in my skin and lasts a while since you don't have to apply much to get see the impact. I like the cerave moisturizers with it, they aren't too expensive. 

• Gabs801 likes this

cw: 105.4 lbs (bmi: 17.0)

#11 Minnnd.slayer

Minnnd.slayer

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationYour backseat

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:55 AM

any cream with a high amount of urea and maybe  some AHA or BHA works  wonders for me and either vaseline or jojobaoil to seal in the moisture.

Also  when you wash your body make sure  that you only use body wash if necessary and that it needs to be really gentle to your skin

• Gabs801 likes this

TAKE YOUR ELECTROLYTES

#12 Loquat

Loquat

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:32 PM

My suggestion is "slugging". Apply a petroleum jelly product (Vaseline, CeraVe Healing, etc) on top of damp skin or moisturizer. You only need a little bit and it prevents the water in your skin from evaporating when the air is too dry.
  • Gabs801 likes this

#13 hannahthewarrior

hannahthewarrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:22 AM

like others said, vaseline is great and you can get a small tub from the dollar store. Also, this might sound weird, but try to not shower everyday, maybe every other day. And be careful with the lotion you use because some lotion has alchohol which can dry your skin.

• Gabs801 likes this

H4lm9l.jpg

#14 beaker 2.0

beaker 2.0

wildly appropriate whore

• Accountability access
  • 4491 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:02 PM

the ordinary has a really nice hyaluronic acid and it's like <$12. aloe vera is amazing and low cost.

• Gabs801 likes this

#15 saint_anything

saint_anything

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1881 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

Vaseline
Baby oil
Silcocks base

All are cheap and very good for dry skin.
Any basic moisturiser with vaseline or baby oil will do wonders for very dry skin.

If you still have very dry patches try to get a hydrocortisone cream from the pharmacy it's not too expensive and gets rid of very very dry patches.
  • Gabs801 likes this

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f

#16 Gabs801

Gabs801

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:08 PM

Hey, guys!
First of all: thanks for all the suggestions, it warms my heart ( ห˜ ยณห˜)
I have now: a vanilla's oil (I had it but I didn't use until now), more bio oil, neutrogena lotion and something for stretch marks and cellulite.
My skin is totally better and softer. I'll look at all your answers to see if my pocket can buy more things :)

Thanks again (สƒฦช๏ผพ3๏ผพ๏ผ‰

#17 Blutsweatfears

Blutsweatfears

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:50 AM

Vaseline?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
  • prince jin and Gabs801 like this

"I have a long way to go but why am I running in place?
I scream out of frustration but the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will be different from today
Iโ€™m just wishing"

#18 Kehdice

Kehdice

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

This might sound clichรฉ but drinking tons of water! My lips kept drying up very badly lately and nothing I did (applying balm, coconut oil or castor oil) helped. Until I started upping my water intake like a week ago, and all the dryness went away n_n
  • Gabs801 likes this

#19 milkyprincipessa

milkyprincipessa

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 08:22 PM

Warmish shower then petroleum jelly on your skin all over at night. Nivea on your skin in the morning and throughout the day.

petroleum jelly is good, inexpensive  Skin protection when money is tight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users