Lighten scars - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Lighten scars

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Keepitsecret?

Keepitsecret?

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:22 PM

I have scars from a variety of sources, and I was wondering if there was anyway to make them less noticeable. If it will help, I can post pictures. Just tell me if I need to.

#2 mn23

mn23

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:16 AM

it depends on the type of scar. but make sure you wear sunscreen every wear every day, even if your just inside the house. the sun is apparently everywhere now lol. And there are scar fade creams at drugstores, bleach creams on amazon or you could get some from a dermtaologist, but try to stay away from hydroquinone and always apply carefully with a qtip to avoid weird discoloration.
  • tatiana_gysp, scarecrows and Keepitsecret? like this

#3 Keepitsecret?

Keepitsecret?

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:42 PM

it depends on the type of scar. but make sure you wear sunscreen every wear every day, even if your just inside the house. the sun is apparently everywhere now lol. And there are scar fade creams at drugstores, bleach creams on amazon or you could get some from a dermtaologist, but try to stay away from hydroquinone and always apply carefully with a qtip to avoid weird discoloration.

Thank you!

#4 YasuSuga

YasuSuga

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationMontevideo

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:56 AM

This sounds crazy but if your scars are completely healed and you just want to get rid of the mark use white thootpaste.
I used this for lightening some acne scars and some severe self harm ones that both were purpleish and it did work, the scars wont disappear but they sure will get lighter
  • almeda and Keepitsecret? like this

eea3e1429c5635228efdd5896df5c223.gif

152 cm

30/09/2020: 47 kg

#5 daintybone

daintybone

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 06 October 2020 - 10:30 PM

vitamin e oil works great!! i have a scar on my chin from a car accident and it’s barely visible anymore bc i applied vitamin e oil nightly
  • Keepitsecret? likes this
{relapsed}
165 cm/5’5
hw: 116 lbs
cw: 105 lbs
lw: 91 lbs

new accountability: https://www.myproana.../#entry73254033

#6 saint_anything

saint_anything

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1881 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:33 AM

Retinol works very well
  • Rose wld and Keepitsecret? like this

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f

#7 skelliebelle

skelliebelle

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3424 posts
  • LocationVentura County, CA

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:25 PM

dermarest worked for me. longterm cutter, don't mind most of my scars (i actually like them) but the words were embarrassing
  • Keepitsecret? likes this

#8 Zeroquel

Zeroquel

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 3998 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 03:57 PM

Microneedling / dermarollers can help. Just don't pick too long needles, it will do more harm than help (Even though it's tempting especially with a history of self harm). Hm, silicone gel can help. Somehow bepanthen antiseptic worked for me even though it's thought for fresh cuts. I also heard some suggestions for mild salicylic acid products (There are pens available with 12.5% salicylic acid, they are thought for hard skin sections on feet and ellbows. They are said to be helpful used once or twice a week as it gets possible to carefully rasp the skin with a file. So it speeds up the regeneration process. Not sure if it's always safe to use though - Better on older scars probably! I'm currently trying it and at first it looks worse, but that's only the "dead skin" on top. I didn't notice much difference after taking that off, but I did it only for three times yet).

#9 Sherry_Berry

Sherry_Berry

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Locationyour fantasies

Posted Yesterday, 10:37 AM

I used cocoa butter every time I would change clothes for a year and they almost completely faded away!

Height: 5'4.75"

CW: 118.8lbs (BMI: 19.9) -  12/1/20

GW1: 115lbs (BMI - 19.3)

GW2: 110lbs (BMI - 18.4)

GW3: 105lbs (BMI - 17.6)

GW4: 100lbs (BMI - 16.8)

GW5: 95lbs (BMI - 15.9)

UGW: 90lbs (BMI - 15.1) Goal by June 13

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind." - A Midsummer Night's Dream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users