I'm so jealous - ARFID - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I'm so jealous

2 replies to this topic

#1 Minnnd.slayer

Minnnd.slayer

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationYour backseat

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:47 PM

of people just being able to add sauces to their food

im so jealous that they can just try  out new low cal food while i have to stick to the same 3 things every day

Im so jealous that when people go  to eat out they can just go and chose the low cal option and not just  sit there and hope that the restaurant has a small bown of plain rice because everything else is  too scary

Im so jealous that people can just go in recovery for their ED and being taken seriously and not just treated as 'this is you anorexia voice' lmao no  bitch why would my anorexia  voice be afraid of a tomato but be fine with a donut? 

Im just  so annoyed with ARFID  and no idea how to get rid of it 

thanks for listening to my  ted talk 

• AngelICouldntKill and stkitty like this

TAKE YOUR ELECTROLYTES

#2 stkitty

stkitty

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1781 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 01:21 PM

Im so jealous that people can just go in recovery for their ED and being taken seriously and not just treated as 'this is you anorexia voice' lmao no  bitch why would my anorexia  voice be afraid of a tomato but be fine with a donut?

The treatment for ARFID is so backwards and the psychologists are part of the reason lol. Like I need relief from my symptoms, not "how can we reframe this" or mindfulness (which makes meals worse).

#3 blissfultomorrows

blissfultomorrows

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationWanting to break out of here

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:46 PM

You mentioned the treatment and honestly, I knew I was hella picky as a kid and still now, having issues with textures and seeds and stuff like that, eating basically the same foods over and over. I just went into treatment for basically anorexia, totally unrelated to my pickiness and a separate issue. (still awaiting to meet with my clinician to differentiate if it's atypical, so then a form of OSFED or not) and had to meet with my dietician and we were talking about my relationship with food and telling her all about my pickiness and it was just the beginning and I feel like she got through to me a lot more than any of the other clinicians at my treatment center. Frankly, all of the mental health professionals have so far pissed me off. I would maybe try to find a dietician that works with ARFID patients and see where that leads you? 

CW: too damn high

HW:156

LW:117

GW 1: 125

GW 2: 115

GW 3: 99

UGW: 84

Height: 5'3. 75

My Accountability (Skinny Girl Diet- 11/30/2020)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users