Breastfeeding - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Breastfeeding

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGulfport, Mississippi

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:27 PM

Anyone breastfeeding their LO? (little one) how many calories are you consuming a day? I don't want to do too much because I gained a TON during pregnancy, and I want to loose it. I also want to make sure I'm eating enough though, so my milk supply isn't effected negatively. I'm just now one wk pp (Postpartum) if it matters.

#2 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:52 AM

Yes I am. I have no idea how many cals I have a day but I read somewhere you need at least 1500 to maintain your supply so I guess it's over that. Are you exclusively BFing? It can use between 500-800 cals depending on how often so you need alot more! I find it makes me super hungry and thirsty though.
Congratulations on your little one! Is it your first?
  • AVintagePaperDoll likes this

#3 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGulfport, Mississippi

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:51 PM

Yes I'm exclusively breastfeeding. Not my first baby, but my first time not bfing without supplementing with formula.

#4 dainty.anya

dainty.anya

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1243 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:14 AM

I’ve been eating below 1500 every day since I’ve given birth and my milk supply hasn’t dried up! But I have lost a lot of weight from not eating a lot. On an average day I eat between 700-1000 cals
  • back_to_skinny, Chelle.C-132 and AVintagePaperDoll like this
Finally got rid of my old cringey sig <3

back at this shit again

#5 ingénue

ingénue

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:58 AM

I'm also a new mom (baby is 6 weeks), exclusively breastfeeding atm. I haven't been counting calories but eating small snacks regularly to keep the milk supply going. That seems to work and I have lost a good amount of weight already, although I gained a lot during pregnancy.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#6 Starfiegirl

Starfiegirl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:58 AM

I had my last 7/9/2016. The day I gave birth, I weighed nearly 200. The only thing that stopped me from puking in pregnancy was mountain dew, so I gained. 6 weeks after birth, I was 140. I ate vegetable soup, gave up soda, and breastfeed like crazy. 1400-1800 a day. I had milk and my weight melted away.
  • back_to_skinny likes this

5'8"

old AF

HW 180 (pregnant)

LW: 113 (Feb 2017)

CW: 114

#7 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 25 May 2021 - 04:50 AM

Interesting reading people's experiences here! I am 36 weeks pregnant and plan to breastfeed our daughter without supplementing any formula. This is such a new experience for me, so I really don't know what to expect. On a slightly different note, does anyone notice that their breasts go back to how they were pre-pregnancy? I was like a 34C prior to, and now, I don't know, my tits are huge and droop down to my stomach. My husband likes them, but they make my back sore. I kind of miss how they were before, but if they can feed my little baby girl what she needs, then that is what matters.

tumblr_m7l8xkk92d1qadi39o3_500.gif

Height: 5'4"

CW: ??? (currently pregnant)

LW: 111 lbs (that was ages ago)
GW 1: 130 lbs

GW 2: 125 lbs

GW 3: 120 lbs
UGW: 95 lbs (haha who am I kidding, will I really want to stop here?)

#8 PrincessxneverxPerfect

PrincessxneverxPerfect

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 11:47 AM

Glad this topic is on here. My daughter is nearly 6 months old and I’m breastfeeding. I really really need to lose my pregnancy weight and I also need that sense of control my ED beings because things are tough right now. I know that’s not healthy but that’s the way it is. I love breastfeeding though and don’t want to stop. If I up my fluids and pumping sessions, do you think I can safely cut calories?

CW: 147lbs

LW: 122lbs

HW: 198lbs

Ravenclaw ~ Pokemon Trainer ~ Book Worm ~ Perfectionist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users