where's my stay at home moms? - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

where's my stay at home moms?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Pixie11

Pixie11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:57 PM

I've been a stay at home mom for 5yrs. I just turned 30 and now I'm obsessing about dropping weight before my metabolism really slows. What does your eating habits look like to help you loose?

#2 oldprincesspotato

oldprincesspotato

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 01:19 PM

Mom of two here, one in school and one in diapers. I’m turning 30 in a few months but my experience has been that’s just plain sucks because my calorie intake has to be so much lower than it used to to lose any amount of weight 😭 It’s not fair. Right now I’m on a 3 day fast but usually I try to stick to 300 to 500 cal recently but I did also have Covid.... When I’m not sick and dying I usually take in about 800 cal and I try to run off any extra. Like I actually pre-planned at least 300 to 400 cals extra and burn off in 12-24 hrs.
  • jkbs8 likes this

#3 Earthsidemothers

Earthsidemothers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

Here!

Highest Weight Was 208 September 2017

Lowest I've reached was 116 Of This Year

Starting Over Due To Forced Rehabilitation

Bulimia Nervosa

It's A Lifestyle For Me.

5'4 & 33 Years Old

Monthly Diary

July:

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-

12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-

20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-

28-29-30-31

B/P-Restrict-Fast-Laxatives-

Over 1000 Calories-Under 500 Calories

#4 Greyish

Greyish

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:21 AM

As a 32 year old I want to add that it's not our metabolism that slows down, but we our selves slow down (which then of course slows down our metabolism). I'm not fidgeting so much anymore because I try to at least look like a functioning adult (people used to asked me a lot why I was so nervous... they don't anymore, however I am still just as nervous all the time).

So... we just need to move like 20 year olds :D I mean there was a time when I spent the whole night dancing. That must have burnt a shit ton of calories!

• restricted_living and jkbs8 like this

#5 PixelCat

PixelCat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9405 posts
  • LocationHiding from Dr Now because de coronavirus did not make me eat dat.

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:50 AM

Heyoooo!
Am I PixelWhore or WhoreCat?

89-D1-B993-7-BD3-4-B01-88-BD-6-A686-EE3-

giphy.gif

My boring stats below. Probably haven’t been updated since the Jurassic period.
Spoiler

#6 restricted_living

restricted_living

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:16 AM

‍♀ I’m 31, one two-year-old and one on the way!

#7 restricted_living

restricted_living

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:19 AM

As a 32 year old I want to add that it's not our metabolism that slows down, but we our selves slow down (which then of course slows down our metabolism). I'm not fidgeting so much anymore because I try to at least look like a functioning adult (people used to asked me a lot why I was so nervous... they don't anymore, however I am still just as nervous all the time).

So... we just need to move like 20 year olds :D I mean there was a time when I spent the whole night dancing. That must have burnt a shit ton of calories!

True! Even though our metabolism slows down (10% each decade after the age of 20 I believe is the the current agreed-upon rate) we just have to compensate by staying active, building/maintaining lean muscle mass, and eating less/better. I want to be one of those 70-year-olds that still running marathons!

#8 Greyish

Greyish

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:12 PM

10% each decade after the age of 20 I believe is the the current agreed-upon rate

TEN PERCENT EACH DECADE?!?!?! EACH DECADE?!?!

I need to cry.

#9 serotonin-c

serotonin-c

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1556 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 October 2020 - 02:26 PM

Hey, I've been a sahm for 10yrs. I find it easier to regulate my eating at home than work.

#10 ArtfulKit

ArtfulKit

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:33 PM

Hi! SAHM with a remote job here. My job is at a desk so I’m stationary most the day. Currently @ 400-900 Cals a day.

#11 Butterfly81

Butterfly81

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:27 PM

Im a sahm but divorced & remarried. My daughter , we split custody of. I am at the gym Alot or in my home gym. Was eating clean foods only now tbh, think im going to fast as much as possible

#12 Sapphirejewel

Sapphirejewel

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:31 PM

SAHM here! If anyone wants support feel free to PM me on here!
Btw I'm 30yrs old and a mother of 3 ;-)

#13 Coffin50

Coffin50

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 04:48 AM

I'm a SAHM too! I have two kids and I'll be 30 in a few months.
I don't have any advice regarding eating habits. Apparently, any change I make in my diet leads to binges, so I'm pretty much clueless how to lose.

#14 deadnettle

deadnettle

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:25 PM

SAHM here of two. Haven’t got any decent advice though, I’m terrible with skipping meals but pick at the bits my little ones can’t or don’t eat (crusts, nibbled to check things aren’t too hot etc.) - trying to get out of it. If it gets too much and it feels like I’ve eaten a lot it triggers binges in secret.

"A wilted weed, lost and cold. Growing increasingly old as day by day breaks. I think I need a place to rest."

deadnettlefonttest.png

🍃 [Accountability]

#15 Samana06

Samana06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 06:56 PM

I'm a 38 year old SAHM of boys! They're all in school now so I have about 8 hours a day to myself!

#16 Meowgatito

Meowgatito

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:07 AM

Im a 30yr old SAHM, too!

I actually love being able to stay home (we homeschool too) because I can control what I eat a lot easier and I have a home gym so I just pop in a movie for the kids once a day & grind in the gym for an hour.

The shallow believe in luck. The strong believe in cause and effect.

#17 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationWasting my time

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:17 AM

x

:wub:

#18 Fitbitty

Fitbitty

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:58 PM

34 year old stay t home mum to 3 little ones (o had 3 in 3 years oldest is now 5)
I find it hard to find a balance with setting good examples for my kids and managing my eating. I've lost a lot of weight over the last year but its very ridged I dont want my kids to worry about this stuff like I do.
  • jkbs8 likes this

#19 Fitbitty

Fitbitty

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:01 PM

I’m stay at home for the moment. I usually work but taking some time off, which I feel weird about, but my husband seems to like it. I’m a cat mom, does that count? Lol
I’m a bit opposite from some of you though... I found it a lot easier to fast all day while busy at work but maybe that’s just cause I was used to it and not used to being home with a lot of snacks.

its pretty easy to fast looking after kids coz they make so much damn mess and are so busy so im much busier now at home then I ever was at any job.

#20 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationWasting my time

Posted 06 March 2021 - 09:28 AM

its pretty easy to fast looking after kids coz they make so much damn mess and are so busy so im much busier now at home then I ever was at any job.

x

:wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users