where's my stay at home moms? - Page 2 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

where's my stay at home moms?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Journeytothin

Journeytothin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 March 2021 - 03:38 PM

Stay at home mom here as well. My day is usually like a premier life or fairelife protein shake with coffee in the morning. I really focus a lot on protein and usually lean protein. I love these hillshire snack packs they have at like most grocery stores. I usually eat one of those for lunch. I try not to snack too much but sometimes I do and it gets me in trouble lol. Dinner that's one meal I usually eat I do home chef or everyplate usually  because it comes portioned and mainly let my kids and husband eat most of it. If I find myself going on a binge spree which can last a month for me sometimes ugh I just go back on liquids. My binge sprees usually just means maintain because I still don't eat much but it's enough not to lose :(

I find focusing on protein though really helps with the weight. I've lost over 100 pounds and been able to maintain even when I get off track. I just know even if I eat candy or something I will just eat a mini bag. If I end up buying a bigger bag I will eat some of it and throw the rest away. I don't drink any soda not even diet. I did drink wine but I cut that out because I really want to get out of my 140's. My kids so far haven't really notice how little I eat. I'm worried about when they do. 

You can look in the mirror everyday wishing you had a better body, OR you can do something about it! It's not going to be easy but it WILL be worth it! Always remember nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

#22 PrinnyWinnie

PrinnyWinnie

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:44 AM

34 stay at home mom here! 5 year old boy and we have a blast! Although it is tough because I am extremely worried about my disorder and how it is going to effect him. I really enjoy being a mom though and never thought I’d have a child, but am so blessed being able to share my life with him!

#23 BrokenAngelWings

BrokenAngelWings

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:44 PM

I’m laid off due to Covid. I guess I’m a sahm until I get called back.

#24 jkbs8

jkbs8

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:55 PM

I'm one! I've been one my whole life it feels like lol. I'm 29 & was always thin, until having 3 kids (all boys) and a miscarriage in under 3 years wreaked havoc on my body. I hate being the size I am now so I'm trying to get back to my 22 year old prepregnancy size (135lbs) by my birthday in August  :wub:  I've lost 16 lbs so far since the end of February. It's going pretty well but I do have to nearly starve and workout daily in order to lose.

Height: 5'6"

HW: 186.8 (2/24/21)

CW: 167.2

↣ Accountability 

#25 TheLittleBlondeGirl

TheLittleBlondeGirl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 08:34 AM

Stay at home mom here!  I'm back after years of "recovery"-- I use the term loosely because it was more all my ideals/goals when out the window because life happened and I just couldn't manage the planning, counting, exercising etc. anymore. I was 125lbs when I became pregnant with my second daughter last year, and now I'm faced with having to shed the baby weight.  The main issue I'm having is getting back on track with the meal planning and exercise routine.  For one, an infant has me busy most of the time, and my exercising can only happen when she naps, which is rare.  For this same reason, I am also struggling with meal planning and prepping... in addition to keeping the damn house clean.  I have an older daughter too (age 9) so, that's another component.  I just want my body and life back, and to be healthy and skinny and perfect again.  Hopefully being back here can help me stay accountable and motivated!

HW: 167lbs  |  LW: 102lbs

SW: 144lbs | CW: 141lbs

GW1: 135lbs

GW2: 127lbs

GW3: 122lbs

UGW: 117lbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users