Daughter called me out - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Daughter called me out

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 04 October 2020 - 02:53 PM

My daughter confronted me about my recent weight loss today. (She’s an adult).

OMG I could’ve died!!

I usually wear big hoodies and baggy sweaters because 1. I’m always cold and 2. I can hide my weight loss easier. Today I had to change my shirt in front of her and she saw me without my armor and I saw that awful scared look on her face that I’ve seen during other relapses. Omg I feel so bad for scaring her! I swore I would never worry my family again but here I am...still doing it.

She made me promise I wouldn’t lose any more weight. I promised I would never go back to 78lbs but she made me promise I wouldn’t lose anymore weight period! I can’t break my promise but I can’t stay at this weight either.

I feel like a really bad mom right now.
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#2 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17932 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 04 October 2020 - 03:02 PM

You can turn to exercise and weight training. Instead of dropping weight you can drop off inches while holding weight steady.

• Hydra_, Blackdream and shannie like this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

She's an adult, this doesn't make you a bad mom.  If you taught her counting by having her count your ribs and carrot sticks, THAT might make you a less-than-ideal mom.

I tell my kids all the time that nothing magical happens to people when they become parents.  We are all just regular human beings who made a baby.  We do our best but we're still very, painfully human and don't have any knowledge, enlightenment, or wisdom that anyone else has.  We do the best we can.

• AndThen, cheerysoda, shannie and 1 other like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#4 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:40 PM

You can turn to exercise and weight training. Instead of dropping weight you can drop off inches while holding weight steady.

Well, I already do cardio and weight training and I soooo wish I could do those things without heavy restricting, but it’s like those things go hand in hand for me. For me it’s the number on the scale and seeing bones. xo
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#5 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

She's an adult, this doesn't make you a bad mom.  If you taught her counting by having her count your ribs and carrot sticks, THAT might make you a less-than-ideal mom.

I tell my kids all the time that nothing magical happens to people when they become parents.  We are all just regular human beings who made a baby.  We do our best but we're still very, painfully human and don't have any knowledge, enlightenment, or wisdom that anyone else has.  We do the best we can.

Lol! My kids turned out really well....both super high achievers and college graduates and fairly well adjusted. It’s more that I hate to see the disappointment on my daughters face and I hate that I hurt her. Maybe I’ll consider getting back into therapy or something.
  • ......... likes this
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#6 CynicalBelle

CynicalBelle

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationAt Stinking Work

Posted 04 October 2020 - 07:41 PM

We are all just regular human beings who made a baby.  We do our best but we're still very, painfully human and don't have any knowledge, enlightenment, or wisdom that anyone else has.  We do the best we can.

This. I have an adult son and one of the greatest gifts he has given me is that of understanding I am a human. We struggle. It hurts to see them concerned though. :(

• thinstrument and shannie like this
                                                                          Cupcakes and Tea Bitchez

Could I have a little more salt with that shade?

210 205 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145 140 135 130 125 120 115 110 100 95

HW- 210 July 2019 *

GW1=180 *GW2= 170 GW3 =150 *Pounds lost= 50 *Starting BMI=41.0 *Current BMI=32.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users