Birth control help - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Birth control help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HazelHore

HazelHore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:57 PM

Hey all. I'm sure this has been posted before but I didn't see anything super recent.

I have a major love-hate relationship with birth control. I was on the pill for a bit, but I'm a piece of shit and can never remember to take it at the same time every day and was terrified of getting pregnant on it.

I got the Nexplanon implant about 2.5 years ago. It was okay at first, but the last six months or so have been fucking hell. I have gained weight like crazy without changing my eating habits and started getting two periods a month. Now, I've been bleeding or spotting for a month straight.

I have an appointment tomorrow to schedule removal of the implant and insertion of an IUD (hormonal). Anyone have one? What are your experiences with it (ie weight gain, whether or not your period stopped, cramping, etc.)?

Thank you!

5'6"

HW | 172 lb.

CW | ? lb.

LW | 116 lb.

GW | 110 lb.

tumblr

#2 HazelHore

HazelHore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 02:09 PM

Update my OB was my professor for obstetrics I could have DIED

5'6"

HW | 172 lb.

CW | ? lb.

LW | 116 lb.

GW | 110 lb.

tumblr

#3 Cloudii_

Cloudii_

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:19 PM

I avoid anything hormonal since that can lead to weight gain. Copper IUD (ParaGard) is non hormonal and works well.

#4 Cloudii_

Cloudii_

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:20 PM

I’ve heard some stories about IUDs leading to increased cramping and blood but haven’t personally experienced it.

#5 SkinnyB!tchGoals

SkinnyB!tchGoals

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:03 PM

I've been using the Mirena - just got my third one done (expire every 5 years)

Never have had issues. I almost never get a period. Still get some minor cramping and blaring when it’s that time of month, but not nearly as bad as when I was just on the pill.

I used to get blood clots and very heavy periods and Mirena was a godsend for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users