OMAD (One Meal A Day) Intermittent Fasting - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

OMAD (One Meal A Day) Intermittent Fasting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teaceremony

teaceremony

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 07:56 AM

I wanted to start this thread because I haven't seen any active OMAD threads on this board. 

My current story:

I did a 7 Day water fast in the Summer and I got down to 240s, but I gain all the weight back to 265 lbs, because I began eating a lot of carbs due to learning about Italian foods, and I started back working from Covid-19 at a retail store and my body had to adjust from sitting for 4 months to standing on my feet all day again. So when I got home, I didn't want to move around much, because my feet, legs and back was hurting real bad. And it took almost 2 months of working for the pain not to be that bad anymore. 

I don't feel like strictly low carb, so I decided that I need to do OMAD in order to eat whatever I want without worry about gaining weight. And it isn't like I eat poorly (lots of sweets, potato chips and so forth). But for some reason, my body really hates carbs, but I love eating carbs. And I don't eat carbs in excess either, but my body hates it anyways. 

I want to do OMAD for 3 months - or maybe longer until the weather gets warmer early spring like until April 1st- where I could lose 1 pound a day or two. And my goal is to lose 60 lbs. about 20 lbs. a month. 

Currently, I am 263 lbs. 

My stats are...
Height: 5’8
Starting Weight: 282 lbs.
Current Weight: 271.4 lbs. 11/28/2020 @ 43 inch waist Size 24 / 2x

Goal Weight: 160 lbs. 

271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261
260 255 250 245 240 235 230 225 220 215 210 205 200

Weightloss Rewards:

260: new black sexy bras

250: new black sexy panties

240: buy ballet barre

230: shop old "skinny" clothes in my closet

220: create a fashion look-book

210: sort and donate unwanted jewelry in my closet

200: buy some new perfume

My current challenge: International Dance Day challenge for Thursday, April 29, 2021. My goal is to have a more flexible and graceful ballet type of body during the winter time and possible 2nd Covid-19 lockdown in the United States. Also, I will be incorporating run/walking outdoors as well as much as I can as long as it isn't extreme freezing and snowy weather.

Diet plan:  I don't want to focus on any particular diet at the moment, but I know for sure I will mostly eat two meals a day, because that is all my body wants: breakfast and a late lunch/early dinner. Also I attempt to eat nothing but whole, non-processed foods. I will make an effort to cook and bake more, which will force me to only eat from home mostly. Also, carry flavored water and a little bag of mix nuts to consume when away from home in order to avoid fast food places. 

The link is here: https://www.myproana...etc/?p=73534693

This is my REALISTIC ideal body type, from being morbidly obese, for International Dance Day, on Thursday, April 29, 2021 (5 months challenge): Basically, I have no choice to but to be thick in the hips and thighs, but I want to get rid of my protruding, hanging belly in order to look like this girl. Once I reach this body type goal, then I find another body type I can try to attain. 

tumblr_pfn5j5goaJ1sj3ye3o1_400.png

#2 teaceremony

teaceremony

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:44 AM

Hey, guys. I have been really busy. My starting weight boasted up to 271.4 pounds last Friday, and my legs and feet were swollen with excess water weight and my skin felt stretched and itchy. Around the time I created this thread I was still eating rice and had lots of carbs around. When I ran out of high carbs stuff and was drinking diluted apple cider vinegar to get rid of the excess body weight, I went down to 267.3 lbs until today. 

So when I do my one meal a day, I won't be consuming rice, waffles, bread, etc. I have a low carb burrito wraps, where I put in eggs, and a meat and kale meatloaf with melted cheese to eat. Plus, eat a half a sweet potato, and a small salad made from tomatos and green onions. Coffee, and flavored water. When I go to work, I put bullet proof coffee in my thermos. 

The joints in my knees and hips hurt due to going up the 270s that I need to consume an aspirin and weed pills to make the pain go away when I go to work where I stand up and climb stairs in retail. Most of the water weight has gone away from only drinking 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar for two days, but I plan on doing that for that 7 days. 

My stats are...
Height: 5’8
Starting Weight: 282 lbs.
Current Weight: 271.4 lbs. 11/28/2020 @ 43 inch waist Size 24 / 2x

Goal Weight: 160 lbs. 

271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261
260 255 250 245 240 235 230 225 220 215 210 205 200

Weightloss Rewards:

260: new black sexy bras

250: new black sexy panties

240: buy ballet barre

230: shop old "skinny" clothes in my closet

220: create a fashion look-book

210: sort and donate unwanted jewelry in my closet

200: buy some new perfume

My current challenge: International Dance Day challenge for Thursday, April 29, 2021. My goal is to have a more flexible and graceful ballet type of body during the winter time and possible 2nd Covid-19 lockdown in the United States. Also, I will be incorporating run/walking outdoors as well as much as I can as long as it isn't extreme freezing and snowy weather.

Diet plan:  I don't want to focus on any particular diet at the moment, but I know for sure I will mostly eat two meals a day, because that is all my body wants: breakfast and a late lunch/early dinner. Also I attempt to eat nothing but whole, non-processed foods. I will make an effort to cook and bake more, which will force me to only eat from home mostly. Also, carry flavored water and a little bag of mix nuts to consume when away from home in order to avoid fast food places. 

The link is here: https://www.myproana...etc/?p=73534693

This is my REALISTIC ideal body type, from being morbidly obese, for International Dance Day, on Thursday, April 29, 2021 (5 months challenge): Basically, I have no choice to but to be thick in the hips and thighs, but I want to get rid of my protruding, hanging belly in order to look like this girl. Once I reach this body type goal, then I find another body type I can try to attain. 

tumblr_pfn5j5goaJ1sj3ye3o1_400.png

#3 MySoulAsAnActress

MySoulAsAnActress

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:20 PM

I hope you’re okay.

I have a quick question for you. When you’re doing OMAD are you also snacking? Or having drinks with calories rather than water or herbal tea?I ask because the first time my weight ballooned I tracked what I ate and discovered I got around 60-70% of my daily food from snacks/drinks.

The “hidden” calories in your drinks/snacks might be what’s holding you back in which case intermittent fasting might work slightly better for you, as it is similar to OMAD.
height: 5'2"sw: 173 cw:171.6 gw1: 131gw2: 124gw3: 115ugw: 110<p>"Difficult Roads often lead to Beautiful Destinations"

#4 Jessgetsskinny

Jessgetsskinny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:56 PM

I am doing this at the moment. How many cals are you planning for your omad? I have lost almost 20lsbs in the first month but only around 13lbs for October so far. Also are you exercising?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users