How ed affected your skin + skincare routine - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How ed affected your skin + skincare routine

skincare ed skin beauty routine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 typicalsara

typicalsara

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:36 AM

Ever since my ed started (almost 4yrs) I noticed my skin doesn't look as healthy anymore, now it's dry but with some acne too. I'm really into skincare and have already tried many producs but it's rare to find something that actually works.

I know due to restricting for a long time, I'm probably low on many nutrients and binging on unhealthy food isn't good (the sugar spike freaks out my skin a LOT), all that contributing to crappy skin.

I'm curious if someone deals with this too?? Also, drop here your skincare routine + tips + tricks!

A 21 year old with messed up eating habits :')

anigif_sub-buzz-2564-1546533216-1.gif?do

#2 mn23

mn23

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 09:34 AM

im kinda the same, my skin got a little better after i started restricting cause i eat healthier when i restrict, but i binge on sugar so that all flies out the window and my acne comes back.
I dont use a lot of products and i dont wear makeup, so my skins not as bad as it could be. i start with bioderma micellar water the blue bottle, then cerave hydrating cleanser, the my acne cream (dapsone/adalapene.3) then mosturizer (cerave daily lotion or cream). and then vaseline aloe vera lip balm. i apply this religiously morning and night and multiple times throughout the day
  • typicalsara likes this

#3 typicalsara

typicalsara

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:25 PM

i start with bioderma micellar water the blue bottle, then cerave hydrating cleanser, the my acne cream (dapsone/adalapene.3) then mosturizer (cerave daily lotion or cream). and then vaseline aloe vera lip balm. i apply this religiously morning and night and multiple times throughout the day

My country finally has cerave available so I'm definitly going to give it a try!! 

A 21 year old with messed up eating habits :')

anigif_sub-buzz-2564-1546533216-1.gif?do

#4 Minnnd.slayer

Minnnd.slayer

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationYour backseat

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:39 AM

i use  the  miracle  some by mi bar to  clean my face

then the miracle some by mi toner 

then the centella  unscented serum by purito

and then the moistureizer by  simple with some vaseli ne in the morning + purito centella sunscreen

same at night but i use a more heavy moisturizer from my pharmacy which also has 15% urea

also if my skin is starting to have a flare up  i add  my cortison creme 

twice a week i use an exfoliating gel but i might switch to the ordinary 30% AHA peeling 

i just recently changed my skincare routine to  it but it seems to help. Maybe i will also add some omega  3  supplements into my  diet but urgh ..calories 

• typicalsara likes this

TAKE YOUR ELECTROLYTES

#5 Minnnd.slayer

Minnnd.slayer

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationYour backseat

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:10 AM

i used  to have really bad acne and tbh my ED made my skin much clearer.

My eczema and psoriasis are also worse whenever i  am in forced recovery.

The only problem  i have  is that my face gets kinda flaky in winter and i ha vent found a good way around it yet

• typicalsara and takemetothestars like this

TAKE YOUR ELECTROLYTES

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skincare, ed, skin, beauty, routine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users