need an opinion, pls - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

need an opinion, pls

hair hair loss hair thinning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miacrx

miacrx

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 05:07 AM

Okay so I've always had thin hair in every sense of the word, it sort of runs in the family. I'm 21 now, I got anorexia when I was 14 and I started purging at least once a day when I was 15, until I was 19, when I started recovery and went vegan (for moral and ecological reasons).

My hair got VERY damaged. But - it still is. It looks like it's only getting worse, actually, even after 3 years in recovery. Idk if I'm doing the vegan thing all wrong and still not getting enough nutrients, or if it's after-effects of the ED, but I'm getting really tired of it. I am also a pretty stressed out person which could be the reason for it falling out so much, but there's got to be more.

So I just wanted to ask if it's possible that the ED is still affecting my hair, or it's the veganism, stress, or if I should be looking for some other health problem. I actually got my thyroid checked and it's fine.

#2 skating-on-thin-ice

skating-on-thin-ice

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:31 AM

Hi, same issue here. I can't really say for sure what's doing it. In it self it could be just the ED- lack of nutrients and the additional stress. I am not a vegan, but I eat meat and such very rarely (when my family is around). 

I would recommend starting with vitamin pills or something like that. It did help me a little bit, my hair got thicker. Are you getting enough minerals? Protein deficiency could probably do this too. Sorry if this wasn't super helpful. 

FAT REALITY

straight out of b/p-ing

STATS (5'2):
HW: 140   CW: 131

140 135 130 125 120 115 110 105 100

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair, hair loss, hair thinning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users