Does Biotin make you break out? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does Biotin make you break out?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Quinnix

Quinnix

Mildly Inappropriate Whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • LocationFace Down in a Public Toilet

Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:12 AM

I took biotin a few years ago, but I also had super bad skin. Like, really bad. I'm not sure if biotin was causing the issue. I want to start taking it again so my hair stays healthy, but I legit just got my skin under control, and I don't want to ruin it.

Thank.

They/Them/Whore

original.gif

nU14Dpl.png

#2 jewellaceee

jewellaceee

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:25 AM

I have been taking biotin for a long time now and I have pretty good skin! I haven't noticed that it has affected it at all. For me, I will get bad skin when I eat more sugar, chocolate and dairy. Biotin I think has been great for my skin. I also take collagen which has also been good :) personal experience of course

• Quinnix likes this

CW: 164lbs (74.5kg) wtf.......

SW: 157lbs (71.3kg)

LW: 140lbs (63.6kg)

GW: 108lbs (49kg)

My Youtube

(What I Eat in a Day)

https://www.youtube....NMiNOJKigerZrQg

sorry that I haven't updated in a while.....

#3 Magda144

Magda144

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:52 PM

Hi. Unrelated, but I love your pfp and banner. Envy is one of my favorite fma characters

Biotin gave me the worst breakout in my life and I have decent skin.

I would just take  note of the daily value percentage because the concentrations of the biotin can be huge. A lot of these pills and vitamins that are selling have like 1,000% and 30,000% percent which is what I am assuming is the main reason my skin started freaking out the first time. I'm guessing they do that because there is no clinical limit to the dosage (?) but obviously people will respond to the intake differently.

I searched for and used another supplement that was only 70-100% (forgot) and it worked fine with no more acne, but I stopped in paranoid fear of another breakout.

• Hendrix likes this

542hhr5y-2.png

#4 saint_anything

saint_anything

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1881 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:32 AM

Hi yes according to all the esthetician I follow on twitter it does.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f

#5 Shifra

Shifra

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationMiddle America

Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:43 PM

The reason biotin can make you break out is because it stimulates the production of oil in your skin + scalp, which is why it helps your hair grow. Try collagen, it helps your hair grow and keeps your skin supple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users