|||| Shadow Of Death |||| my 128 day 0 calorie water fast - YouTube vlog - by Oki - Page 3 - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

|||| Shadow Of Death |||| my 128 day 0 calorie water fast - YouTube vlog - by Oki

Fasting Weight Loss Tips

• Please log in to reply
1234 replies to this topic

#41 Oki

Oki

fuckin Crazy

• Supporter
  • 10298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:07 AM

Oooohhh boi I'm ready to do this! Had some serious weight gains these past two weeks so I'm looking forward to doing an extended fast and see how long I can push it!

Hoping my potassium supplements arrive within 3 days though.

this is the first time i have fasted in months. lol

• Tenatic-X likes this

#42 Keke

Keke

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 12 October 2020 - 03:51 AM

Just about to hit 4 hours for me.

Think I will fast until Wednesday.

My mind is ready to do a much longer fast.

But I still need to prepare for my New Year fast.

• Oki and Tenatic-X like this

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Journey to Redemption (9 Weeks) May 12, 2019 - July 14, 2019 (Completed)

Path to Damnation (13 Weeks) October 01, 2019 - December 31, 2019 (Completed)

Death Wish (18 Weeks)  May 15, 2020 - July 19, 2020 (Completed)

Stairway to Finality (20 Weeks) November 08, 2020 - March 28, 2021 (Day 18)

6370549c45ff77baf925bcd8e0d9fdf6.gif

#43 Winterfae

Winterfae

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14317 posts
  • LocationNot Flirting With You from The Twisted Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:10 AM

The season and temperature seems to affect blood pressure a bit, and so may deficiencies and weight. I'm guessing if you up your weight to 200 lbs. that its going to be high. I'd expect blood pressure to drop and keep dropping. Anorexics are known to suffer from low blood pressure and slow pulse rates the lower their weight goes. Do both drop linearly with weight though, or as you state stays about the same? I enjoy running little experiments to see what really occurs.

Firstly thank you so much for your continued contribution to the fasting community. I still think about your post ages about scars disappearing potentially as a result of fasting and am vaguely monitoring mine.

To add to the discussion on blood pressure mine I tended towards orthostatic hypotension rather than simply low blood pressure, which means I didn't get faint unless O stood up too fast. This was one of the reasons I ended up in IP although my BMI was 15 which is not typically low enough on its own for treatment (sadly we still suffer from a health system that uses weight as a measure for mental illness instead of all the symptoms).

I figured that because I'm heavier now and not just weight but fat mass, I'd no loner jave those problems. But yesterday I went a run (not advised to anyoneelse who os fasting I just wanted to get some miles in before I can't anymore) and had a hpt bath. Though I couldn't measure my blood pressure I know ot dropped significantly because I got extremely dizzy and felt sick as well, I'm pretty good at reading my own signs for passing out now so I stayed on the floor, and went back down a few times because the dizziness didn't resolve immediately. It took about an hour to feel back to normal.

So the temperature definitely has an impact. There was a point in my ED where my ex partner would always shower with me in case I passed out (not a very romantic reason).

So if anyone takes anything from this, be careful of raising your heartrate, and or subjecting your body to higher temperatures. Also take real care when standing up. Go slow. Get back down of you have to. I was only on day 2 so I know myself to be safe but if you're suffering persistent problems it's time to seriously consider if your fast is in fact, safe after all.
  • seasnake and Oki like this

Accountability Main Thread - The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom B/P-Free Monos  
Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)
Youtube (shameless self promotion):  https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVioletRaven/

Dx: AN b/p & ASD (Social Anxiety about PM's sometimes) | H: 5' 8" | BMI ?? | LBMI 15 | B/P-Free Record: 4 weeks (2020)
"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~
"Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

#44 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 14317 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:12 AM

Just about to hit 4 hours for me.
Think I will fast until Wednesday.
My mind is ready to do a much longer fast.
But I still need to prepare for my New Year fast.

I love your new profile pic Keke!

Stay safe and yeah, good forward planning to be thinking ahead to New Year.
  • Oki likes this

Accountability Main Thread - The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom B/P-Free Monos  
Fae's Fantastic Guide To Flirting: Fabulous Fuck-ups & How To Avoid Them (A.K.A Awkward Aspie Anecdotes & Appalling Alliteration)
Youtube (shameless self promotion):  https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVioletRaven/

Dx: AN b/p & ASD (Social Anxiety about PM's sometimes) | H: 5' 8" | BMI ?? | LBMI 15 | B/P-Free Record: 4 weeks (2020)

#45 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 14317 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:24 AM

you enjoy detail. i can see that, because i'm the same way.
makes sense, given your positive contribution to mpa with your fasting game.

this is one of my favorite articles on fasting, although it's technically it's not about fasting.
plz glance at it or read bits of it and let me know what you think, ok? it's very short.
i think you would Love this article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response

i actually have to credit Tenatic-X for giving me this link.

Thanks for sharing this, this is one of the best articles I've ever seen on fasting.

I learned much of what I know about the changes in the body during fasting from a book called The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle Mcdonald which is about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting and finally explained gluconeogenisis to me, which directly contradicts what I was continually told by dieticians "the brain runs on glucose" yes it does, but once you're keto adapted, the body changes its main fuel from glycogen in the liver, to ketones, and can create enough glucose to maintain brain function. We all knlw about fasting brain and that it does affect mental state and function to a degree but not the extremes that dieticians would have you believe.
  • Oki likes this

#46 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 14317 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:35 AM

So.

I'm sold on the idea of tape measurements.

I'm on day 3 but that's probably going to be best since I'll no longer have the bloating from food.

I know this is going to be triggering but I feel having a baseline is important in the experiments. I'm going to dig out my scale and get a body fat measurement too.

Yesterday was Day 2 and Persephone Nestis wrote more poetry to Hades but was largely another character entirely.

I was method acting my main character in a detective novel and seriously wondering how much I can justify what is essentially internet stalking. Nonetheless I came up with some good scenes as a result, got a half marathon in before the fasting fatigue hits, and managed to avoid another middle of the nightweak moment. I had that canopener in my hands again, thoughts of "it's onky day 2... I can start over tomorrow" running through my head. Made a hot drink instead and went to bed. Read a chapter of a book for the first time in ages. The insomnia is there but it never actually left while I was eating either. Hopefully my sporadic 1-3 day fasts and my intermittent commitment to running has in some way contributed to my self discipline. I know I lack that, but I'm finding commitment to something else takes my mind off commitment to recovery from b/p.

For example many times I've been tempted to go to the shops to buy binge food, but right when it's getting too late I follow a path to see some beautiful moonlight, or get inspired to write a poem, or look for my past self on my old poetry websites. And then it's too late to buy food and I just don't.
  • Oki likes this

#47 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 14317 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:37 AM

Don't mind me rambling. It's like God noticing a person and chatting with them and I'm just fangirling

I feel this so much. I kinda want to put this in my sig. I feel like this all the time on MPA and particularly this thread and one other ex MPA user I email.
  • Oki and swilystaff like this

#48 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17832 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 12 October 2020 - 07:57 AM

To add to the discussion on blood pressure mine I tended towards orthostatic hypotension rather than simply low blood pressure, which means I didn't get faint unless O stood up too fast. This was one of the reasons I ended up in IP although my BMI was 15 which is not typically low enough on its own for treatment (sadly we still suffer from a health system that uses weight as a measure for mental illness instead of all the symptoms).

lol, Oh, we monitor symptoms but our focus isn't so much in terms of doing anything to correct them, but to which drugs we can be prescribed upon on ongoing basis to manage them. This approach has the benefit of generating a lot of money for multiple people and industries, while hooking the client upon meds as if they went to a drug dealer instead of a doctor. If the med is addictive enough, then everyone is happy about it.

• Oki likes this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#49 Velvet_stars

Velvet_stars

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:04 AM

I think my day starts earlier than where most of you guys are, so Monday is over for me now! :) I did eat a little, which I purged afterwards, so it wasn't quite a fast, but I did feel a lot better about my ability to fast (I was a bit dubious before, as I haven't done a full day for a while). 

• Oki likes this

#50 1cuteswan

1cuteswan

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:44 AM

I've been fasting a while now and feel really good. I guess I had enough sleep after a few hours, so I got started on my day early.

• Oki likes this

#51 Oki

Oki

fuckin Crazy

• Supporter
  • 10298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for sharing this, this is one of the best articles I've ever seen on fasting.

I learned much of what I know about the changes in the body during fasting from a book called The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle Mcdonald which is about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting and finally explained gluconeogenisis to me, which directly contradicts what I was continually told by dieticians "the brain runs on glucose" yes it does, but once you're keto adapted, the body changes its main fuel from glycogen in the liver, to ketones, and can create enough glucose to maintain brain function. We all knlw about fasting brain and that it does affect mental state and function to a degree but not the extremes that dieticians would have you believe.

for me . .

i loved the article for the detailing on how exactly we die.
kinda relevant given my current situation.

lol

#52 Oki

Oki

fuckin Crazy

• Supporter
  • 10298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 09:26 AM

I think my day starts earlier than where most of you guys are, so Monday is over for me now! :) I did eat a little, which I purged afterwards, so it wasn't quite a fast, but I did feel a lot better about my ability to fast (I was a bit dubious before, as I haven't done a full day for a while). 

good work Velvet.

look . .

it gets easier with practice, just like riding a bike.

i think over time, this is a terrific time ( mondays ) & way for us to cleanse, and also enjoy the health benefits of fasting.

we know well through laboratory tests, that mice gain life extension from fasting.
i wonder how much time we add to our lives by fasting on mondays?

hehehe

• Velvet_stars likes this

#53 Oki

Oki

fuckin Crazy

• Supporter
  • 10298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 09:27 AM

I've been fasting a while now and feel really good. I guess I had enough sleep after a few hours, so I got started on my day early.

i'm 10 hours in.

feeling fine.

no major hunger yet.

: )

• 1cuteswan and Tenatic-X like this

#54 Neverland_

Neverland_

Never grow up

• Accountability access
  • 12887 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 October 2020 - 10:48 AM

Started a bit late, am at hour 2 out of 40

175cm/5'9

A c c o u n t a b i l i t y

https://www.myproana...-l-i-t-y-175cm/

B o d y  C h e c k s

https://www.myproana...-591kg-gw-47kg/

#55 Tenatic-X

Tenatic-X

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationDiabeetus land

Posted 12 October 2020 - 10:51 AM

Started my fast 50 minutes ago. I actually was supposed to start 10 hours ago but for some reason decided to have a midnight snack on some chicken a few hours ago, so I documented my last supper and the measurements of my body right after I finished my last supper.

My last supper was not the best of all foods lol, but I thought I might as well enjoy the good stuff before going head on into an extended fast, which is not a very good idea.

Nothing beats having just under 1000 calories of ice cream with caramel syrup and some custard pudding at 4 AM in the morning loooooooool.

Screenshot_2020-10-13-04-35-56-99.png?wi

After my so called "meal" these were my body stats and measurements

dsfsfdsfsdfsdfdsfsdf.PNG

• Oki and Kummerspeckalous like this

Trying and preparing for long term fasts

Unedited video logs of my fasting attempts, playlist

Headers for accountability stuff

Bodychecks (Near nudity)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height:175 cm

😣 Hw: 70 kg /  (BMI: 23.66) 😣

Lw: 48.8 kg (BMI:15.93)

Gw: 45 kg (BMI: 14.69)

Gw: 42 kg (BMI: 13.71)

Gw: 40 kg (BMI: 13.06)

🥳 Ugw: 35 kg (BMI: 11.43) 🥳

giphy.gif Kg:  70  69  68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  60   |   59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50   |   49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40   |   39  38  37  36  35 giphy.gif

Updated on 10th November 2020

#56 Tenatic-X

Tenatic-X

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationDiabeetus land

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:06 AM

I decided to find some ways to pass the time by creating some fasting materials to hopefully look back on and make me want to continue my extended fast. I found that there aren't a whole lot of detailed fasting hour by hour timelines so I made my own version if anyone find them more helpful during a fast.

Feel free to fact check the texts and info if you want. 

fasting_help2.png

fasting_help3.png

fasting_help4.png

• Velvet_stars, Oki, Winterfae and 5 others like this

Trying and preparing for long term fasts

Unedited video logs of my fasting attempts, playlist

Headers for accountability stuff

Bodychecks (Near nudity)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height:175 cm

😣 Hw: 70 kg /  (BMI: 23.66) 😣

Lw: 48.8 kg (BMI:15.93)

Gw: 45 kg (BMI: 14.69)

Gw: 42 kg (BMI: 13.71)

Gw: 40 kg (BMI: 13.06)

🥳 Ugw: 35 kg (BMI: 11.43) 🥳

giphy.gif Kg:  70  69  68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  60   |   59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50   |   49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40   |   39  38  37  36  35 giphy.gif

Updated on 10th November 2020

#57 swilystaff

swilystaff

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:51 AM

I feel this so much. I kinda want to put this in my sig. I feel like this all the time on MPA and particularly this thread and one other ex MPA user I email.

I'd be honored if someone quoted me, a nobody lol.

One day I'll be a somebody, but I'm still a college dropout at Starbucks and COVID put plans on hold, but I got big plans to be a famous a famous scientist. 

• Oki likes this

#58 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 14317 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:23 PM

lol, Oh, we monitor symptoms but our focus isn't so much in terms of doing anything to correct them, but to which drugs we can be prescribed upon on ongoing basis to manage them. This approach has the benefit of generating a lot of money for multiple people and industries, while hooking the client upon meds as if they went to a drug dealer instead of a doctor. If the med is addictive enough, then everyone is happy about it.

Exactly why I don't take meds anymore. Luckily I have a really great doctor now who actually agrees with me, that I could manage and mitigate my symptoms with the lifestyle changes they always spout but never actually give support for; community, therapy, journalling, sensory regualtion, self care, purposeful activity and exercise, healthier intake. All that helped me more than years of drugs. Not like I'm cured but better off than before.
  • seasnake and Oki like this

#59 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 14317 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

I'd be honored if someone quoted me, a nobody lol.

One day I'll be a somebody, but I'm still a college dropout at Starbucks and COVID put plans on hold, but I got big plans to be a famous a famous scientist.

I know how you feel. One of my posts got pinned in the relationship sub and I was totally floored.

I'm also a college dropout (multiple times in 15 years) and have big plans to be a famous writer but so far I've done very little towards that goal. I'm actually working more on it now that covid means I have a legit excuse to quit college this time and just continue existing without so much guilt about not being a productive member of society.
  • Oki likes this

#60 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 14317 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:28 PM

I decided to find some ways to pass the time by creating some fasting materials to hopefully look back on and make me want to continue my extended fast. I found that there aren't a whole lot of detailed fasting hour by hour timelines so I made my own version if anyone find them more helpful during a fast.

The colour spectrum of this makes me really happy, and well done on putting this together. I think I might screencapnit for myself to remember if you're cool with that? I'm about halfway through day 3,somehwere about the 60 hour mark.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fasting, Weight Loss, Tips

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users