How to cook mushrooms? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to cook mushrooms?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 smoars

smoars

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:25 PM

I love everyone's ideas! Mushrooms are the best thing ever.

My personal boring fave is (and I always remove and toss the stems, I don't like that texture), I slice them up, spray of pam in a pan, medium-low heat (4 or 3 when 10 is the highest), add a sprinkle of salt cause the salt makes the mushrooms let go of their water.

I usually add a dash of black pepper and I like this Umami mushroom seasoning from Trader Joes (every time I use it I think "hey bro I heard you like mushrooms, so you can season your mushrooms with more mushrooms" lmao)

And then I stir and tumble until the water is gone and they're a texture I like, feel free to taste as you cook so you can figure out how you like them best.

Then I usually add some bbq sauce, it's my fave. Asian sauces like teriyaki or if you like any store bought stir-fry sauces work well too. Even steak sauce like A1 would be yum if you have one you like. I just dump it all in a bowl and eat it with a fork.

Also I just thought of this but you could season the basic stir-fried mushrooms with taco seasoning and then it's like a taco filling that you could eat in a taco or just a bowl.

16 cals per cup, top tier food ๐Ÿ‘
  • wish bone likes this

#22 Blondebynature

Blondebynature

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:48 PM

Two portobello mushrooms. Little dollop of cottage cheese on each and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and paprika. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Perfect lunch
  • wish bone likes this

#23 Sholla

Sholla

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:01 PM

Mushrooms tossed in 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, dried rosemary, and salt and pepper. Add in some large slices of onion as well, spread on a baking sheet and roast in the oven. You could also do it on the stove as well, but I like roasted veggies a lot especially with rosemary.

You can also add chopped garlic if you like that as well. I personally prefer to roast the garlic in whole bulbs and use the roasted garlic as a spread on top of the mushrooms after everything is cooked.
  • wish bone likes this

๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’— Sholla ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’—

wl to date: -5
lw: 79
sw: 182.5
cw: 177.5
gw 1: 175 (Halloween Goal)
gw 2: 160
gw 3: 150 (New Years Goal)
ugw: ?

#24 Sholla

Sholla

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:34 PM

bacd1973355d929ca9cd25d9a7d42d2c.jpg
Under 80 cals and really yummy! You can omit the bacon bits but theyโ€™re accidentally vegan so itโ€™s just for a smoky flavor and a little crunch. (:

๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’— Sholla ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’—

wl to date: -5
lw: 79
sw: 182.5
cw: 177.5
gw 1: 175 (Halloween Goal)
gw 2: 160
gw 3: 150 (New Years Goal)
ugw: ?

#25 Erelah

Erelah

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:57 PM

I like them cooked with little water, garlic clove, minced hot red pepper and salt all on a nonstick pan. At the end, when cooked, minced parsley!

They taste amazing and with no condiments.

3558776gm0by1ima4.gif

#26 Die~hate~cry

Die~hate~cry

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Locationin bed probably

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:15 PM

the only way I know how to make them is to fry them in a pan with 1 part oil 1 part butter. they're literally my favorite food but the oil and butter adds so many cals

level of fucked: ate five stevia packets I stole from work and called it dinner

#27 Counting-Ribs-and-Rain

Counting-Ribs-and-Rain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:44 AM

I saute portabella mushrooms with I can't believe it's not butter!

#28 ้‡Ž็”Ÿใฎ่Šฑ

้‡Ž็”Ÿใฎ่Šฑ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNishikyo-ku, Kyoto

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:05 AM

Sauteed, with a drop of olive oil, garlic powder, sometimes with two scrambled eggs. Soo yummy.
Spoiler

#29 Stonerexiccc

Stonerexiccc

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:49 AM

I use spray oil if I'm cooking for other people but when its just me I like to just boil then with some seasoning. As much as I love mushrooms my digestive system doesn't always love them so I can't eat too many 

#30 horror_girl

horror_girl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2753 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:00 PM

I can only have tinned mushrooms due to being low fodmap, but I seriously just put them in EVERYTHING! Add to miso soup, pasta, burritos, on toast with a spoonful of baked beans, home made vegetable nuggets, homemade pie (the type with pastry top, not pizza), stir fry.....

Currently 62.6kg, 5'5.5'' tall
Follow my accountability here: https://www.myproana...e-take-control/

Previous Accountability (98 kg to 55 Kg) -  https://www.myproana...getarian/page-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users