Kept the weight off and increased calories - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Kept the weight off and increased calories

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 backonmyskinni

backonmyskinni

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 10:18 PM

Anyone heard of reverse dieting? How long can you restrict without increasing your calories and gaining it all back, we’re stuck. I can’t eat anything or go out anymore because I’ll gain like 10 pounds from eating a slice of pizza. How are you guys managing. How do you fix your metabolism and eat like a normal person.

#2 Yepitsme

Yepitsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:12 AM

If you’re eating below your BMR you won’t gain weight. You’ll probably gain water weight/have temporary bloat and whatnot that will affect the scale, but you won’t gain real weight, as far as I am aware of. During weekdays I restrict to under 800-850 (though I usually stay between 600-840) and on weekends I allow myself to go up to 1200 but I usually stay under 800-900. I’ve been losing consistently with small plateaus. Once I get to a weight I want to stay at, I plan on maintaining (don’t we all, lol).

Do your own research though on the BMR/temporary weight gain thing - I’m not a doc so take my statement with a grain of salt.

#3 Yepitsme

Yepitsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:12 AM

Deleted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users