Help in preparing Food during COVID - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Help in preparing Food during COVID

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 consciouspane

consciouspane

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:50 PM

The coronavirus pandemic has sparked not only a economic crisis but also our health,  I wanted to keep myself health and fit always. I just wanted to know, what are your best Food preparation and Food combos do you usually have, when preparing your food during this Covid?

#2 fite.or.dontfite

fite.or.dontfite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:40 PM

Definitely I'm relying more on dry goods (beans and rice) and frozen vegetables. It was really rare for me to buy frozen vegetables before the pandemic and I never went through dried beans so quickly before. 

I really depend on having a pressure cooker though, it's really great for cooking rice and beans. I use the beans + the water they were cooked in for soups, stews and curries a lot. I also will cook a lot of those kinds of dishes right after shopping when I have the fresh ingredients and then freeze some of the portions so I can eat them in the future. Soups are great for low calorie but filling meals. (I'm also kind of addicted to potatoes and sweet potatoes now too) Basically, I focus on foods that will require me to go to the grocery store less frequently. This also means I'm buying things more in bulk, more whole foods and eating less of a variety than I was before. 

So a typical example of what I eat in a day:

breakfast: sweet potato + oatmeal (it is a very good combo)

lunch: lentil potato soup

dinner: curry + rice

• meadowfairy likes this

#3 consciouspane

consciouspane

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:58 PM

Awesome! That is a nice idea thanks for sharing! What do recipe do you love to prepare most of time?

#4 meadowfairy

meadowfairy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:40 AM

I also tend to buy a lot of beans and tofu, tons of frozen veggies, canned tomatoes, some fresh veggies if they are cheaper than frozen.

I buy a ton of bananas, and the ones that get too ripe I freeze and microwave with my oats. Bread can also be frozen and then toasted.

Cabbage, apples, oranges last a long time.

Also masa flour is great to just mix up with some water, form into cakes and you can cook it on a non-stick pan or in oil/butter whatever works for you, lil corn cakes.

Protein pasta/regular pasta.

I tend to think of meals like this: beans + greens + grains and a lil bit of fat source. Grain could be potatoes. Breakfast is like banana walnut oatmeal or buttered vegemite toast with beans and veggies on the side. Tofu + quinoa or rice + veggies and seeds on top....etc

ib3JOEh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users