is this malnutrition or mpb ? - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

is this malnutrition or mpb ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arkangel

Arkangel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:41 PM

I've noticed a few weeks ago that my hair is slowly fucking off. I've significantly reduced my caloric intake, but also had blood test revealing high testosterone, which is being taken care of. 
Would that be a product of either of those ? 

The first pic is from september 15th, and the second one is from october 15th. 

first.jpg
second.jpg

Whichever one you think is causing it, do you have vitamins, and other pill-shaped ideas to recommend ? I'm not too hot about using minoxidil, though. The part where the hair falls off for months before growing strong again is not that attractive to me.

tumblr_inline_nyz75stzK61tengrp_500.gif

Never bring a spork to a gunfight

#2 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17934 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:07 PM

Whichever one you think is causing it, do you have vitamins, and other pill-shaped ideas to recommend ? I'm not too hot about using minoxidil, though. The part where the hair falls off for months before growing strong again is not that attractive to me.

I read where someone wrote earlier that hair that falls off today is the result of something that occurred a couple months back. If that is the case, then the part where hair falls off before months before growing strong again is more related to the problems that were present before taking a product for months before it really helps. I know nothing about minoxidil or any other hair regrowth product. Increased testosterone, and hormonal imbalances, can however be a culprit in hair falling out problems. If you worry about malnutrition, simply get a greens powder to mix into a bottle of water or other beverage.

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3 Cyclades

Cyclades

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:19 AM

You can find supplements that combine collagen and biotin. I think cod liver oil could be helpful too. Otherwise I would try up your cals and try find a sweet spot that allows your body to carry on

Sometimes it can be a hereditary thing but losing hair is a horrible and real symptom that only really goes away by increasing your calories. It really upset me. As a guy it is very worrying. It never came out in chunks but it thinned out quickly and a lot

I think a dermatologist on IG by the name of dermangelo or something uses minoxidil with a derma roller on his hair line. Dr Dray on YouTube also has hair vids too

#4 HELMUT

HELMUT

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:06 PM

Lack of dietary fat from proper sources ruined my hair and now almost 3 years into eating properly again my hair is starting to get thicker again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users