what do you get at starbucks? - Food - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

what do you get at starbucks?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 cambri

cambri

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:10 PM

it can be low-cal but it doesn’t have to be, what’s your usual/favorite thing?

#2 cambri

cambri

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:12 PM

I like getting the strawberry açaí refresher which is 90cal for a grande, so it’s fairly low compared to some of the other drinks :)

I also really like iced lattes!

#3 Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts
  • Location221B Baker Street, London

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:18 PM

I love getting a venti cafe misto with almond milk, which is 60/70 calories. I count it as 70 to be safe, and add Splenda. 

• cambri likes this

Sherlock angst/hurt/comfort/disorder fanfictions! See below in the spoiler (plus other stuff like Tumblr and DA)

Spoiler

Black strobe warning:

slytherin_crest_20019.jpg

Bulimia

Diagnosed generalised anxiety disorder & situational social phobia 02/05/14 :(

Diagnosed body dysmorphic disorder 06/18/15  :unsure:

Asexual/Aromantic 

#4 Nullivorous

Nullivorous

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2742 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:21 PM

Wasp cup:

-Venti cup of water

-no water

-wasp

med_gallery_1160770_68377_116211.jpg

• Pearls for Breakfast, covermeincolors, cambri and 3 others like this

Just let me relapse without judgement

Legit Nutritionist Degree

Inbox always open for questions or memes

The only hurdle to becoming who I want to be is me

MY ULTIMATE WEIGHT PREDICTION CALCULATOR!! FREE TO USE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hEqFBBhu6Tz6HVK6fiJ_mY_rpRVXDg3eQzacH6qY-NE/edit

Coronavirus Survival Thread:

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/3967739-enduring-quarantine-hangouts-tips-and-tricks-galore/

#5 nevernotmoody

nevernotmoody

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:24 PM

Venti cold brew w/ almond milk and 2 stevia (30 calories) 

• cambri and nonyabusnass like this

relapsing again. fuck me

#6 Nullivorous

Nullivorous

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2742 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:27 PM

for reals though, I like the creme frappuccinos, but I edit them:

- No whip (saves 120 kcal)

- almond milk

- extra 3 or 4 stevia packets

- half base for even less calories, but at the cost of more "icy" and separation of drink.

It's a dessert treat for me. I sparingly get them, and now I have a nice blender and been experimenting with my own "additives" to basically make a sugar free or low sugar versions of my starbucks drinks.

• Pearls for Breakfast and cambri like this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hEqFBBhu6Tz6HVK6fiJ_mY_rpRVXDg3eQzacH6qY-NE/edit

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/3967739-enduring-quarantine-hangouts-tips-and-tricks-galore/

#7 cambri

cambri

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:47 PM

for reals though, I like the creme frappuccinos, but I edit them:
- No whip (saves 120 kcal)
- almond milk
- extra 3 or 4 stevia packets
- half base for even less calories, but at the cost of more "icy" and separation of drink.

It's a dessert treat for me. I sparingly get them, and now I have a nice blender and been experimenting with my own "additives" to basically make a sugar free or low sugar versions of my starbucks drinks.

I love creme frapps, I haven’t had one in a long time! I didn’t find out how they were made or how to order lower cal versions until recently, tbh I would rather use the app to order specific things since I get anxious asking the barista to sub/remove certain things but my local Starbucks is weird and in-app ordering is only available a couple hours a day.

I’ve been trying to make drinks similar to my Starbucks drinks at home, currently looking into getting an espresso maker :)

#8 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1363 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:48 PM

Venti cold brew w/ almond milk and 2 stevia (30 calories)

This sounds amazing.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
  • cambri likes this

#9 Nullivorous

Nullivorous

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2742 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:05 PM

I love creme frapps, I haven’t had one in a long time! I didn’t find out how they were made or how to order lower cal versions until recently, tbh I would rather use the app to order specific things since I get anxious asking the barista to sub/remove certain things but my local Starbucks is weird and in-app ordering is only available a couple hours a day.

I’ve been trying to make drinks similar to my Starbucks drinks at home, currently looking into getting an espresso maker :)

As some of my previous threads indicated, Xanthan Gum can be really good for the “base”. About 1/4 tsp per 8 floz of total drink is about what you need for the ice to stay suspended and the drink to feel thicker instead of watered down. Also you can brew chai tea concentrated by itself instead of buying the pre-mixed full sugar stuff. I do 2 tea bags in 3 oz hot water, then put 2-3 ice cubes so it cools down super fast if I can’t make it ahead of time.

I believe adding a SMALL amount of protein powder (like 1/4-1/2 tsp) can also help with thickness and a fuller flavor, but I’ve yet to experiment as I don’t have protein powder on hand. My fav creamer has a very small amount of pea protein powder as a thickener and stabilizer, NOT for actual protein content.

You can also find sugar free syrups at the store. I like to add hazelnut syrup to my drinks but I’m a hazelnut slut

#10 cambri

cambri

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:14 PM

As some of my previous threads indicated, Xanthan Gum can be really good for the “base”. About 1/4 tsp per 8 floz of total drink is about what you need for the ice to stay suspended and the drink to feel thicker instead of watered down. Also you can brew chai tea concentrated by itself instead of buying the pre-mixed full sugar stuff. I do 2 tea bags in 3 oz hot water, then put 2-3 ice cubes so it cools down super fast if I can’t make it ahead of time.

I believe adding a SMALL amount of protein powder (like 1/4-1/2 tsp) can also help with thickness and a fuller flavor, but I’ve yet to experiment as I don’t have protein powder on hand. My fav creamer has a very small amount of pea protein powder as a thickener and stabilizer, NOT for actual protein content.

You can also find sugar free syrups at the store. I like to add hazelnut syrup to my drinks but I’m a hazelnut slut

I like using the torani sf classic caramel syrup, I got it recently and I love it!

I had a failed attempt at making a frappuccino earlier today, it just turned into a poorly blended iced coffee because my blender is kinda trash. How much ice do you use? I’ll have to try using xanthan gum!

#11 Nullivorous

Nullivorous

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2742 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:27 PM

I like using the torani sf classic caramel syrup, I got it recently and I love it!

I had a failed attempt at making a frappuccino earlier today, it just turned into a poorly blended iced coffee because my blender is kinda trash. How much ice do you use? I’ll have to try using xanthan gum!

I do 6-8 oz ice to 8 oz fluid, by weight. It’s similar ratio to when I make drinks like piña colada. I do 4 oz concentrated chai, 4 oz almond milk. Ice WILL float and separate unless you have stuff to help keep it submerged. Xanthan gum slows down the separation by acting as a stabilizer. My recipe uses 1/2 tsp because the total volume becomes 16 oz. I first mix the gum powder with my stevia powder (I love it sweet so I do like 1 tbsp stevia), THEN add the mixture to the drink.

Guar gum is another similar product but I haven’t used it personally, thus I cannot give measurement estimations.

My old blender was a cheap $20 off brand one and eroded itself after about 2 months of ice blending. My current blender is a nutribullet pro 900 watt version, and it is both quieter and more powerful.

When in doubt, use more concentrated drink mix for more flavor. I kind of find the 2 tea bag a bit weak, so I recommend using 3 tea bags at first.

#12 Hidingunicorn

Hidingunicorn

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:07 PM

For low cal, I love the cinnamon oat milk cold brew for coffee.(60 calories for a TRENTA, 50 for a grande or venti). And I love the strawberry açaí and kiwi star fruit refreshers(both 90 cal for a grande)

The mocha frappe(and the different versions of it, ie the cookie crumble, salt caramel mocha, etc) is always a good choice but high cal. I also love to get the caramel macchiato(hot or cold) with almond milk and sometimes extra caramel. For the hot one, I know a venti with almond milk is the same cal as a grande with whole milk(250 cal). I forget the calories for the iced one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • cambri likes this

#13 cocainemodel

cocainemodel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1186 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:35 AM

Iced blonde americano, cappuccino, sweet cream cold brew occasionally, cold brew with coconut milk added 

• cambri likes this

cw: 108.6 lbs (bmi: 17.5)

#14 VannaDelRey

VannaDelRey

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:34 PM

I usually get a venti sugar free vanilla iced coffee, with nothing added to it. I put my own Splenda and stuff. It’s also super cheap compared to other venti stuff. Plus I could never get through it all in one day so I’d have something for the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • cambri likes this

"It's all shot to hell anyway, so may as well enjoy the ride."

tumblr_nhm2lwBcgm1srpz08o1_400.gif

#15 The Breadcrumb Saga

The Breadcrumb Saga

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1352 posts
  • LocationLoafland

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:58 AM

I love getting a venti cafe misto with almond milk, which is 60/70 calories. I count it as 70 to be safe, and add Splenda.

You drink Starbucks? I don't think we can be friends anymore :/

I'd get black coffee if I had to, but getting that at Starbucks seems like a waste of money.
  • Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf likes this

Title.jpg?fit=1000%2C650

#16 skinnynlovely

skinnynlovely

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Locationin the kitchen

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:45 AM

Americano grande lol

Sent from my kitchen
  • cambri likes this

SW: 78.8KG

CW: i'm so fat i wanna cry (65.6kg) oct 20/2020

GW1: 66kg

GW2: 62kg

GW3: 58kg

GW4: 54kg

UGW: 48kg

<p>

#17 Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3600 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

You drink Starbucks? I don't think we can be friends anymore :/

I'd get black coffee if I had to, but getting that at Starbucks seems like a waste of money.

It's the only thing I get from there other than unsweetened iced fruit teas. Their coffee mostly sucks, but I find the cafe misto acceptable. 

You know you love me  :P

• cambri likes this

Sherlock angst/hurt/comfort/disorder fanfictions! See below in the spoiler (plus other stuff like Tumblr and DA)

Spoiler

Black strobe warning:

Bulimia

Asexual/Aromantic 

#18 Luthien97

Luthien97

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:19 AM

I usually drink coffee from other places since greece is full of great coffee shops. I go to starbucks if I want something sweet and not coffee. I usually take a cold Matcha latte with coconut milk, no syrup, no whipped creme.
  • cambri likes this

F/23/188cm
HW:98kgs
CW:89kgs
GW1:80kgs
GW2:74kgs
UGW:64kgs

#19 The Breadcrumb Saga

The Breadcrumb Saga

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1352 posts
  • LocationLoafland

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:26 AM

It's the only thing I get from there other than unsweetened iced fruit teas. Their coffee mostly sucks, but I find the cafe misto acceptable.
You know you love me :P

Maybe I'm a little glad in you, even if you drink Starbucks sometimes. Maybe.
  • Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf and cambri like this

Title.jpg?fit=1000%2C650

#20 Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3600 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:39 PM

Maybe I'm a little glad in you, even if you drink Starbucks sometimes. Maybe.

Maybe I'm also a little glad in you, too. Possibly. 

Spoiler

Black strobe warning:

Bulimia

Asexual/Aromantic 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users