Just a curious question :) - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Just a curious question :)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toxic-candy

toxic-candy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:23 PM

So I'm in my early 40s and noticed this start to happen in my 30s......do any of you experience a super happy thought or have a positive experience...And after everyone's gone you're like "Sweet....now I'm gonna eat some happy "fill in the blank food"....but then catch yourself and be like "No, dude. Stay out the fridge and go on with your life"....... ugh, just happened to me and it's soooooo frustrating. Any feedback and conversation is much appreciated :)
  • magnolie likes this

#2 magnolie

magnolie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2532 posts
  • LocationLand of Elks and Wallflowers

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:43 PM

So I'm in my early 40s and noticed this start to happen in my 30s......do any of you experience a super happy thought or have a positive experience...And after everyone's gone you're like "Sweet....now I'm gonna eat some happy "fill in the blank food"....but then catch yourself and be like "No, dude. Stay out the fridge and go on with your life"....... ugh, just happened to me and it's soooooo frustrating. Any feedback and conversation is much appreciated :)

Yes, feeling in a good mood can absolutely trigger a binge, it is so weird. Like when I succeed in something I can feel a sudden urge to eat like crazy. But it might as well go the other direction - feelings of success can trigger me to restrict even more, adding an extra hour of exercise. Omg, this stupid brain (I'm 50 years old, by the way).

#3 toxic-candy

toxic-candy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:47 PM

I absolutely hate the things that trigger me, but at least I stopped this one....THIS time, anyway. Ugh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users