what do you consider "a higher BMI"? - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

what do you consider "a higher BMI"?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:17 AM

okay ive been thinking about this since the first time i logged into mpa in 2015

what is considered "higher BMI" in this accountability? are we talking overweight/25+ or like higher end of normal/20+??? 

my current BMI is 22.8 which is close to overweight but not exactly there. but im considered high in the other forums. where tf do i go??? do i belong here??????

my adhd sleep deprived ass needs answers

• Lil Miss Strawb likes this

#2 Lil Miss Strawb

Lil Miss Strawb

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts
  • LocationProbably asleep

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:40 AM

Not in terms of accountability cos Im not really all for that stuff but in general terms, high bmi would be 25 plus. To me youd be normal weight bmi wise, Im a higher bmi person and when I see people around your bmi I do feel a bit confuseded lolol especially cos it makes my ed brain think oh so Ill still be high bmi at that bmi lol but thats just me, Id say if youre gonna do the sites accountabilities go to the normal one

Hope you are okay though stay safe xx

• nicotine-dreams likes this

original.gif

original.gif

0b6aa9ab09295bee6d132910573cb8aa.gif

giphy.gif

anime-girl-computer-gif-5.gif

#3 krushnic

krushnic

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

BMI of 25 or higher.

• nicotine-dreams and Lil Miss Strawb like this

HW 150 // LW 118 // CW 131 // GW 127

#4 VanillaCW

VanillaCW

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts
  • Locationin Chris Evan's bed

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

I'd class a higher bmi as anything over 25. Between 20-25 would probably only really be considered higher in the anorexia forum since it's a normal bmi. Even then, I see people with a higher bmi/normal bmi post in the anorexia forum often.

But post wherever to be honest lol. 

31.5 / 148

#5 floofy.child

floofy.child

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:16 PM

25+ imo. that doesnt exclude you from posting here though, but it does kind of make me feel resentful that you think thats a high bmi. but that has nothing to do with you, its a me issue, you're welcome to post wherever you feel comfortable in. after all, we all have similar goals when it comes down to it

#6 MySoulAsAnActress

MySoulAsAnActress

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:27 PM

There's loads of people in the anorexia forum with BMIs of 20-30 because often if people recover it can segue into BED before recovering fully, or it's people who have anorexic behaviours but due to things like starting weight or muscle mass are not underweight.
The Ednos and bulimia forums are also full of these BMIs
I would classify a higher BMI as over 25, and honestly, the only way you can legitimately say you're almost overweight is if your BMI is over 24.
Having said that, you should use whichever forum you feel comfortable in.
  • VanillaCW, nicotine-dreams and Lil Miss Strawb like this
height: 5'2"sw: 173 cw:171.6 gw1: 131gw2: 124gw3: 115ugw: 110<p>"Difficult Roads often lead to Beautiful Destinations"

#7 myaddicere

myaddicere

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:29 PM

I guess high BMI is whatever you view it as. I classify it as Overweight BMI+ myself. It gets a little frustrating for me personally trying to find similar BMIs and a lot of the bmi posts being normal or low. Itโ€™s like the High BMIs get lost in normal BMIs.

Youโ€™re obviously still allowed to post, itโ€™s not like anyone is gonna shun you haha, not even my irritable ass. Itโ€™s however you view a high bmi and weโ€™re all gonna have different opinions of it.

#8 AppalachianLady

AppalachianLady

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:24 PM

Above 25

My Accountability 

SW: 176

CW: 164

GW: 130

Height: 5'5

l7iDbcd.jpg?1

#9 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:20 PM

Not in terms of accountability cos Im not really all for that stuff but in general terms, high bmi would be 25 plus. To me youd be normal weight bmi wise, Im a higher bmi person and when I see people around your bmi I do feel a bit confuseded lolol especially cos it makes my ed brain think oh so Ill still be high bmi at that bmi lol but thats just me, Id say if youre gonna do the sites accountabilities go to the normal one

Hope you are okay though stay safe xx

yeah that makes sense. posted my accountability in the usual forum bc i didn't want to come off as insensitive and invade the space. thank you! x

#10 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:21 PM

25+ imo. that doesnt exclude you from posting here though, but it does kind of make me feel resentful that you think thats a high bmi. but that has nothing to do with you, its a me issue, you're welcome to post wherever you feel comfortable in. after all, we all have similar goals when it comes down to it

i get those feelings. i post in the usual forums bc i don't want to invade the space meant for 25+ bmi people who want support, feels insensitive for me to do that. thank you x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users