reality check - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

reality check

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 panicateverysocialevent

panicateverysocialevent

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:04 PM

ik i’ll never like my body and like i don’t necessarily want to look thinner but i want the scales to go down, i don’t want to feel full and i’m too scared to eat without counting it
do u guys think you’ll ever recover
like part of me just wishes this will kill me i guess idek
  • baby scars ♡ and magnolie like this

#2 magnolie

magnolie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • LocationLand of Elks and Wallflowers

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:24 PM

ik i’ll never like my body and like i don’t necessarily want to look thinner but i want the scales to go down, i don’t want to feel full and i’m too scared to eat without counting it

I don't think I will recover, basically because I have had my ED since I was a kid and I don't have any reference to what being ED-free is. However, I do believe I can learn to cope with this and eventually have a life that I actually like. Getting out of the binge/restrict cycle is the most important thing for me, it makes life such a hell.

• Court Jester likes this

#3 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:02 PM

No, I’ll always have this disorder, but the older I get the more I’m able to mitigate consequences and I’m much better at balancing my ED and my real life. I’m a little more flexible this time around. I’m very realistic about my ED and can’t afford to worry my family. I’ve learned a lot about my ED and how it affects my body over the past 20 years....now I’m just a smarter anorexic lol!
  • Need.to.be.skinny and Cerah like this
Ht. 5'3"
CW 88
BMI 15.6

LW 78
GW ???

#4 stonemilker

stonemilker

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:09 PM

i know i'll never recover, like i'm a thousand percent sure i'm more likely to win the lottery. that being said, as i grow older with it i learn to cope with certain aspects better but unfortunately i've obviously learned more ways to worsen it so...yeah definitely never going to recover.
5'8.7" // 91 lbs // vegan

#5 e.amv

e.amv

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

There’s always the hope I’ll recoevr, but as everyone has said - it’s hard to see

#6 ex bulimic?

ex bulimic?

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:10 PM

I don’t think I’ll recover or even try until I’m at least 50 lbs lighter

cravin' death since '02

HW: 192

LW: 7.6lbs (at birth)

UGW: 90

#7 lowwe

lowwe

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:10 PM

no, ive relapsed multiple times and theres nothing i can do about it

and yeah i wish my ed would just kill me instead of taunting me

#8 Tiny Blonde Spoonie

Tiny Blonde Spoonie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:08 AM

Never gonna recover I don't think, especially because with my UGW and even the body I'd be even remotely okay with, I'm not gonna be living long

#9 Crazylikebananas

Crazylikebananas

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:12 AM

i really hope to recover. when it finally hit me that i don’t want to live this way and i really hate doing this every day i tried to eat better, but when i started gaining weight i quickly relapsed
  • paper_planes likes this

#10 morningbird

morningbird

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:44 AM

i’ve tried recovery so many times. even seriously, once. it just doesn’t seem to make me any happier. i kinda hope that i could just die from this, but i know how horrible that would be to my family and friends, so idk. (most of the friends have an ED)

163cm / 5'4

HW: 52kg / 115lbs

LW: 37kg / 82lbs

CW: 46.8kg / 103.2lbs BMI: 17.9 (new formula)

GW: 40kg / 88lbs

#11 Yepitsme

Yepitsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:28 AM

No, I’ll always have this disorder, but the older I get the more I’m able to mitigate consequences and I’m much better at balancing my ED and my real life. I’m a little more flexible this time around. I’m very realistic about my ED and can’t afford to worry my family. I’ve learned a lot about my ED and how it affects my body over the past 20 years....now I’m just a smarter anorexic lol!

I apologize if this is too personal a question. Over the years, what side effects have you noticed and what (if anything) have you done to help mitigate those effects? Again, I’m sorry if this is too personal, if you tell me to kick rocks I totally understand.

#12 FluffSkin

FluffSkin

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSkinny fuckery land

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:38 AM

"do u guys think you’ll ever recover" Nope for that i'd need a huge miracle to happen.
"like part of me just wishes this will kill me i guess idek" Same & ik it's probably pretty fucked how fine im with death lmao.

source.gif

#13 sophieshungry

sophieshungry

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:22 PM

i don’t think i will. i think maybe i’ll get to a point where i’m not actively using behaviors? but i don’t think i’ll ever get rid of the thoughts. they’re just so natural and i don’t have the motivation to fight them. and tbh not using behaviors but still having disordered thoughts seems fucking miserable so don’t really even want to stop using behaviors.

WARNING: Don't feed the EDs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users