anyone else half want to be 'bad' enough to be hospitalised but also terrified of it? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

anyone else half want to be 'bad' enough to be hospitalised but also terrified of it?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 BrilletA

BrilletA

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2123 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:10 PM

Same. I was threatened to be hospitalized before even tho my BMI was 16.4 at my lowest. I'm scared to be put in the hospital because even when I was in the psych ward and barely underweight I was being watched during meals and it was a total nightmare but I also want my therapist to threaten me again because that would mean that I'm getting skinny again. I want to be hospitalized so I can feel like I actually have an ED. But I'm scared of being forced to gai. weight at the same time. Fml

Wysłane z mojego SM-G955F przy użyciu Tapatalka

LW: 90 lbs
CW: 99.8 lbs

Goals:
[ ]GW1: 97 lbs
[ ]GW2: 92 lbs
[UGW]: lower, lower, lower.

#22 chasingcalm

chasingcalm

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:23 PM

Depends on what type of hospitalization we are talking about. Psychiatric hospitalizations are awful, in my opinion. I feel like you get treated less than human. General medical hospitalization though are a different story. People are always checking on you and concerned about you. It feels safe. I was there for a suicide attempt and one of the things on my screwed up ED bucket list is to go back and be hospitalized for ED related concerns. I might also have a fucked up relationship with hospitals because my dad spent more time there caring for his patients than caring for me growing up. 

just a twenty-something trying to get her shit together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users