how do you get severely underweight without doctors/parents noticing? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

how do you get severely underweight without doctors/parents noticing?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lightlillith

lightlillith

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Locationchicago, illinois

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:39 PM

i've always been technically underweight (bmi 15 as a child then jumped to the highest of 18 a few years ago) but i dropped a bmi point during a time i shouldve been gaining from puberty. my parents caught on to my ed (i acted weird around food in front of them, complained about my body, and told my sister i thought i had an ed and she ratted me out) so i'm being forced into recovery right now. but i was wondering - those of you who lost a signifigant amount of weight or are really underweight, how did you do it without doctors and family noticing? how do you hide the signs of your ed from them? sometimes i wish i pretended i wanted to gain weight/hated being skinny so they wouldnt catch on but its too late for me now

• Salad-Princess*^ and stkitty like this

height: 5'0.63" (154cm)

gw: 77-83lbs

gbmi: 14.7-15.9

4 years 1 month until 18th birthday
(until i get out of forced recovery and can lose weight freely again)

#2 Starashium

Starashium

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:44 PM

Everyone knows about my ED but no one can tell how much I've lost (25lbs since August) cause I've always wore baggy clothes. My style is very much a hippy, with baggy dungarees and harem pants and things, so it's very hard for anyone to tell other than my collarbones :)  

• nyrasoren and young_wurdsmith like this

#3 Salad-Princess*^

Salad-Princess*^

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:13 PM

My mom is a size 00(UK) and drinks alot of black coffee and herbal teas. She use to bring me to the gym when I was in high school and than after that I spend much of my time outside on my bike and rarely snacked because dad use to smoke alot of cigarettes in the kitchen. Mom use to make me homemade soups and bring me clothes shopping regularly  . When I moved in as an IP I became bulimic and she found bags of sick in my room. So after awhile I started to loose some weight and gotton down to  a size 4 and altho my mom never saw me as a skinny girl she would just laugh alot when we went out for lunch. I love her so much but recently We talk about how bulimia is against me. And she says "I hope your taking your meds" and stuff like that I always ring her and ask her how her day has been. Iv gone down from a size 3XXL to a M/L and want to fit into my size 4 again. Not sure Im following you on this one I need to know how to hide it. 

• nyrasoren and Aesthetic Azlin like this

Highest weight = 245lbs

Current weight = 217.4 Lbs ๐Ÿ’š

Lowest weight = 105lbs

Biggest size = 3 XXL

Size = M-L

Height - 5'5

#4 horror_girl

horror_girl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2753 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:42 PM

My mums literally never commented, and I don't think she cares. My dad lives abroad. I only got down as far as a size 6 though (I think thats a US 0??)

Currently 62.6kg, 5'5.5'' tall
Follow my accountability here: https://www.myproana...e-take-control/

Previous Accountability (98 kg to 55 Kg) -  https://www.myproana...getarian/page-1

#5 stkitty

stkitty

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:43 PM

People don't really notice low body weight, they do notice weight loss IME. So it's quite hard to get away with I think?

#6 sourappple

sourappple

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mountains

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:56 PM

• Beethive likes this
If only yesterday took place tomorrow... Iโ€™d Pray for sleep
h: 5'5"
cw:
137lbs
ugw:
100lbs

#7 Soft Swan

Soft Swan

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:10 PM

Since puberty I have always been on the thinner side, my mom doesn't really pay attention to my body and i've never been below a BMI of 16, so not SCARY SKINNY.

I do have sensory issue with food, since birth, so its kinda expected of me to be thin since my diet is very restricted even if im not restricting my intake to lose weight, even when not disordered eating I never went above a 21 BMI, because simply theres no way for me to consume enough food to get there.

#8 panicateverysocialevent

panicateverysocialevent

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:28 PM

baggy clothes, my family only notice once you can see it in my face cos i do look a bit dull atm so i just try make sure i have simple makeup to look awake just like mascara and inner corner highlight

#9 Bluefingered

Bluefingered

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2854 posts
  • LocationLarder in a London flat

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:47 PM

lawl um how old r u op cos that is quite relevant. younger kids will have their parents notice more quickly etc 

also like the stuff they can do to u in treatment is very dependent on your (rough) age 

SPRING / SUMMER 

end of february gw: 51kg/112lbs (bmi 19.4) โœ“

end of march gw: 49kg/108lbs (bmi 18.9) โœ“

end of april gw: 47kg/103lbs (bmi 18.1) โœ“

end of may gw: 45kg/99lbs (bmi 17.3) โœ“

end of june gw: 43kg/94lbs (bmi 16.5) โœ“

end of july gw: 41kg/90lbs (bmi 15.8) โœ“ 

end of august gw: 40kg/88lbs (bmi 15.4) โœ“ 

AUTUMN / WINTER

end of september gw: 40kg/88lbs (bmi  15.4) โœ“ 

end of october gw: 39kg/86lbs (bmi 15)

end of november gw: 38kg/84lbs (bmi 14.6)

end of december gw: 37kg/82lbs (bmi 14.2)

[end of january gw: 36kg/79lnbs (bmi 13.8)

end of february gw: 35kg/77lbs (bmi  13.5)]

lw: 37kg/82lbs (bmi 14.4)

hw: 54kg/120lbs (bmi 21)

height: 161cm

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 Cherry_blossom_

Cherry_blossom_

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:57 PM

Well at some point they canโ€™t really do anything can they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 Ezzie94

Ezzie94

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1611 posts
  • LocationGrocery store

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:12 PM

Neglectful parents and when I became an adult nobody really gave a shit when I was at my lowest.

Now, years later I sometimes wish I could get help, but after reaching out for the past year and looking stupid and pathetic I decided to show myself out again.
  • Salamander likes this

#12 lightlillith

lightlillith

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Locationchicago, illinois

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:24 PM

lawl um how old r u op cos that is quite relevant. younger kids will have their parents notice more quickly etc 

also like the stuff they can do to u in treatment is very dependent on your (rough) age 

i turn 14 in just over a month, i guess that makes sense though. i just wish i hid it better, i couldve been at my ugw right now if i wasnt being monitored by them

height: 5'0.63" (154cm)

gw: 77-83lbs

gbmi: 14.7-15.9

4 years 1 month until 18th birthday
(until i get out of forced recovery and can lose weight freely again)

#13 whyisopheliahere

whyisopheliahere

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2466 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:34 PM

baggy clothes, friends that are good liars, and always traveling so no one had time to care and a bit of my parents being way too busy to care
๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ, ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ

#14 HippieBear

HippieBear

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationImaginationland

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:44 PM

I was obese in my youth, when I had BED as a child and then had bulimia for 20 years, for most of which I was overweight or normal weight. Now I have bulimia in remission, "eating disorder-, unspecified," and I've restricted 30 pounds off. I wear baggy clothes, and I work as a substitute so I don't see the same people everyday, but if my bmi is ever under about 20 is when my mom starts calling me "anorexic looking," so now I just wear layers and really baggy clothes when I visit her so she shuts the hell up. My boyfriend doesn't really say anything because he knows I'm sensitive about my body, and the only time I eat is with him, so he doesn't worry that I'm not eating okay. He just calls me skinny sometimes, but not in a mean or concerned way.

HW: 325

LW: 140

CW: 160

CW: 155
CW: 150

CW: 145

(post treatment): 165-  soooo disgusted, but that's what happens when you can't purge and are being forced to eat and not work out.

GW: 130
UGW: 123.7

5'9"

Diagnosed: Bipolar, Anxious, Bulimic- not always in that order.

Hospitalized, now in outpatient.

#15 Salamander

Salamander

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3689 posts
  • LocationMy Treehouse

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:01 PM

Nobody cares about me. Thats how. And it really hurts.

#16 ECANAX

ECANAX

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:02 PM

Slowly
  • indianab0nes likes this
ร—ร—ร— staarvlast ร—ร—ร—

HEI- 5'3

STARTINGW- 70kgs///
LOWESTW- 41kgs///

CURRENTW- 44kgs
GW8- 43kgs
GW9- 41kgs
GW10- 40kgs

#17 LikeMyBody

LikeMyBody

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1919 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท At home, as one should be

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:09 PM

My parents once didnโ€™t notice that I didnโ€™t eat for 10 days straight, so yeah.
dVWkp2.png

BMI 18.9 | 167 cm/5โ€™6โ€ | 52.7 kg/116.2 lbs

Accountability

4-FC84-BE5-0-CE7-4-DFC-872-F-7086-AE5549

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users