Gained since giving birth.. - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Gained since giving birth..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:43 PM

Just need to vent. I feel so gross right now because I've gained weight since having my baby 3 months ago. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and it's supposed to be the other way round!! I feel so greedy because I must have been eating way too much (I dont count calories) in order to gain when burning from breast feeding:(

#2 PixelCat

PixelCat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9434 posts
  • LocationHiding from Dr Now because de coronavirus did not make me eat dat.

Posted 18 October 2020 - 06:11 PM

Please don’t beat yourself up about this. Enjoy your bub, and be kind to yourself when things like sleep deprivation make you feel a bit loopy. <3
Am I PixelWhore or WhoreCat?

89-D1-B993-7-BD3-4-B01-88-BD-6-A686-EE3-

giphy.gif

My boring stats below. Probably haven’t been updated since the Jurassic period.
Spoiler

#3 jayjax

jayjax

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:51 PM

I just want to say the amount of calories you burn can be as low as 200. So don't beat yourself up too much. Your precious baby is the top priority. I know exactly how you feel though. I'm currently breastfeeding a 6 month old and I feel like a fat cow.

#4 junebuggg89

junebuggg89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:03 AM

It’s so important to go easy on yourself postpartum, especially while breastfeeding. Even if you are gaining weight, you know you’re providing adequate nutrients for your little The weight will come off easier once your body has had a chance to heal from giving birth, it’s a LONG process but you will get there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users