Diet Questions Forum eg, 'How Much Did You Lose on XYZ Diet?' etc - New Forum Request - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Diet Questions Forum eg, 'How Much Did You Lose on XYZ Diet?' etc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:25 AM

Thought something like this might help clean up the Diet Results forum

Genuine results posts get pushed down by 'has anyone tried xyz diet pills, what were your results', 'ABC Diet, I'mma Do Dis, What Did You Lose on It?', 'How Can I Lose 50lbs in a Week' style posts, infuriating people who've worked hard completing a diet/people looking for legit results to inform a decision on which diet might work for them

The pinned disclaimers are being ignored & newbies continue to post questions - bumping legit results posts is against MPA rules & only a handful of folk go to the trouble of reporting. It's also tempting to reply 'wrong sub, go to xyz forum', unfortunately pushing the mispost up to the top

Something else that may help is a minimum post count/no newbies blocker in Diet Results -ie, only established members can post there. It's almost always new no avatar newbie accounts that misuse Diet Results - it would also prevent hunbots flogging mlm supplements

Thanks
  • ~Goddess Annea~, kissmyabs and foliform like this

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

#2 ~Goddess Annea~

~Goddess Annea~

Namaslayer

• Super Moderators
  • 13953 posts
  • Locationeatingdisordercentral.com

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:52 PM

Thought something like this might help clean up the Diet Results forum

Genuine results posts get pushed down by 'has anyone tried xyz diet pills, what were your results', 'ABC Diet, I'mma Do Dis, What Did You Lose on It?', 'How Can I Lose 50lbs in a Week' style posts, infuriating people who've worked hard completing a diet/people looking for legit results to inform a decision on which diet might work for them

The pinned disclaimers are being ignored & newbies continue to post questions - bumping legit results posts is against MPA rules & only a handful of folk go to the trouble of reporting. It's also tempting to reply 'wrong sub, go to xyz forum', unfortunately pushing the mispost up to the top

Something else that may help is a minimum post count/no newbies blocker in Diet Results -ie, only established members can post there. It's almost always new no avatar newbie accounts that misuse Diet Results - it would also prevent hunbots flogging mlm supplements

Thanks

I think this is a good idea. 

However, I'm not sure if/when we can make it happen. I know it's annoying, but in the meantime please continue to report threads that aren't diet results and we will move them. I'm also wondering if maybe simply renaming one of the existing forums (like member diets) to something like member diets & diet questions to keep them all together. 

Creating a new forum or renaming a forum is something only admin can do. So first all moderators need to agree on any forum change/addition and then we need to ask admin to do it. I know admin will be agreeable if we all ask for it, but admin is not around that much anymore so I'm not sure when this would happen. But I will pass the idea along to others and see if we can add it to the list of things to do.

• Glorificus, dietary and foliform like this

As of July 1, 2018, you can primarily find me on:

eatingdisordercentral.com

If anyone has issues with anything related to EDC, please send me a PM here instead of creating a thread about any EDC issues on MPA. I am still here helping members and doing what I can, so let's be respectful of MPA and not spam the forums here with issues or complaints about EDC. Please PM me directly and I am happy to help. <3

~Namaste~

#3 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 08 May 2021 - 02:35 AM

Hiya

Just checking if there's any update on this?

Cheers :)

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

IxfVu9z.gif8ewg2dY.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users