♡ congratulation thread - share your achievements here ♡ - The Happy Place - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

♡ congratulation thread - share your achievements here ♡

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:55 PM

okay idk if there is a topic like this here already... i didn't rly see one on the front page but im in the mood to make one :3

the rules are to comment something you are proud of that happened either today or recently. it can be anything, big or small, i don't care! you got a promotion at work? congratulations! you got out of bed on time today? congratulations! you managed to calm yourself down and avoid a panic attack? CONGRATULATIONS! any range of achievement is acceptable here and is worth congratulating you for! and then of course, congratulate the person above you and feel free to give them some appraisal! its all love and positivity here <3

only restriction here is nothing ed related (unless it is recovery orientated). i want this space to be positive for those who need to escape, no matter where your current headspace is. everyone is allowed here, just no triggering ed stuff x

i'll go first - on my big english essay, i got a 100% and my prof said: "You're a writer, [me], and THIS is a personal essay. I love its voice, structure, narrative choices, honestly, details — everything. A masterful piece. Bravo!" it was something i really needed to hear bc im always insecure about my work :,)

edit: ppl aren't adding on lol what did i expect, so im just adding my own achievements so i have something to look at to remind myself that im not useless :3

• y e l l o w, loony26, ukyos and 1 other like this

#2 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:55 PM

im gonna keep adding to this for my own mental health hehe (and no one else responded but im used to being ignored lol)

today, im feeling proud about waking up on time and drinking enough water :,)

• Lysle and ukyos like this

#3 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:02 PM

today, im feeling proud of being super close to twitch affiliate! im too scared to drop the link here bc i don't want to be associated w mpa on twitch lol

• loony26 and ukyos like this

#4 ukyos

ukyos

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:25 PM

I love this idea!  <3

Today I got a 9/10 on a biomechanics assignment and I'm v proud of myself :)

Also: You are not useless at all! Sawing a thread like this made me happy and im for sure going to come here when good things happen because we all need some positivity in our lives! ^^

• Lysle, KindaBlandish, nicotine-dreams and 1 other like this

174 cm || 54 kg || Gw: 52 kg || Ugw: 50 kg || acc

#5 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 07:35 PM

I love this idea!  <3

Today I got a 9/10 on a biomechanics assignment and I'm v proud of myself :)

Also: You are not useless at all! Sawing a thread like this made me happy and im for sure going to come here when good things happen because we all need some positivity in our lives! ^^

omg this message is so sweet  :wub:  im glad it made u happy !!!!

and congrats!!!!!! i haven't done biomechanics specifically, but have taken classes that are similar and my god is that shit tough! good job!!!!

speaking of studies, i turned in an essay a whole 4 days before it was due. im a major procrastinator (literally finishing a hw assignment rn due tonight lol) and rarely ever finish assignments ahead of time, let alone big assignments

• ukyos likes this

#6 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:40 PM

im proud of myself for doing all my hw due today over the weekend haha, so today i get to chill out  :D

#7 bratbaby

bratbaby

empty-eyed villain

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27246 posts
  • Locationin hell on pink heelys

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:00 PM

congrats !! you deserve a day to chill out, you've earned it <3

i'm proud of myself for accepting things emotionally

(ꈍᴗꈍ) lexie ❘ 17.1 ❘ 5'4 (ꈍᴗꈍ)

original.gif

character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

・゚゚・。 ♡ 。・゚゚・

#8 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:46 PM

congrats !! you deserve a day to chill out, you've earned it <3

i'm proud of myself for accepting things emotionally

congrats!!! that can be a rly hard thing to achieve. like sure you understand it rationally, but to communicate whatever message you are trying to communicate to the emotional side of you can be very tough!  good job!!!

• bratbaby likes this

#9 bratbaby

bratbaby

empty-eyed villain

• Accountability access
  • 27246 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:19 PM

congrats!!! that can be a rly hard thing to achieve. like sure you understand it rationally, but to communicate whatever message you are trying to communicate to the emotional side of you can be very tough! good job!!!

awh this makes me really happy because no one around me seems to understand how difficult the process is, it's really draining even to think of being stable and managing it. thank youu. and thank you for this thread too, we need one in the happy place forum (i believe there is one in the game forum already but not recently active)
  • nicotine-dreams likes this

original.gif

・゚゚・。 ♡ 。・゚゚・

#10 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:09 PM

awh this makes me really happy because no one around me seems to understand how difficult the process is, it's really draining even to think of being stable and managing it. thank youu. and thank you for this thread too, we need one in the happy place forum (i believe there is one in the game forum already but not recently active)

aw im glad it does make you happy!!! :,)

i wasn't sure if there was a forum like this already. its not super active rn, but i don't mind. ill keep posting my own achievements and allow ppl to come stop by when they feel comfy to <3

you are more than welcome to keep coming back here if needed, at the very least ill be here :)

• Lysle and bratbaby like this

#11 bratbaby

bratbaby

empty-eyed villain

• Accountability access
  • 27246 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:39 PM

aw im glad it does make you happy!!! :,)

i wasn't sure if there was a forum like this already. its not super active rn, but i don't mind. ill keep posting my own achievements and allow ppl to come stop by when they feel comfy to <3

you are more than welcome to keep coming back here if needed, at the very least ill be here :)

you can add to your achievements making me happy for being so kind :). and of course, i will !!

original.gif

・゚゚・。 ♡ 。・゚゚・

#12 bratbaby

bratbaby

empty-eyed villain

• Accountability access
  • 27246 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:42 PM

i survived today, one of the hardest days of the week when my boyfriend aka favourite person is busy i usually do survive but every day (tues, thurs) i get sad and don't think i can stay stable and occupied and today it was actually a bit easy,, stayed on my phone almost all day but it was better than harmful behaviours.
  • loony26 and nicotine-dreams like this

original.gif

・゚゚・。 ♡ 。・゚゚・

#13 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:55 PM

you can add to your achievements making me happy for being so kind :). and of course, i will !!

ofc, making people happy is always an achievement for me :)

• bratbaby likes this

#14 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:56 PM

i survived today, one of the hardest days of the week when my boyfriend aka favourite person is busy i usually do survive but every day (tues, thurs) i get sad and don't think i can stay stable and occupied and today it was actually a bit easy,, stayed on my phone almost all day but it was better than harmful behaviours.

congrats!!! i feel you heavily on that, i had to go a week w/o my bf since he was out of town, and he's the only person i see irl. so last week was tough as hell but i got through it. congrats to the both of us on that!!!!!!!!!!!

• bratbaby likes this

#15 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:58 PM

i finished my hw i forgot about an hour before it was due :,) better than me usually submitting like 5 minutes beforehand lol

i made myself a to do list/plan so instead of doing all my hw in one day i do a quarter of it everyday. i need to get in the habit of doing that lmaooo 

#16 bratbaby

bratbaby

empty-eyed villain

• Accountability access
  • 27246 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:57 PM

congrats!!! i feel you heavily on that, i had to go a week w/o my bf since he was out of town, and he's the only person i see irl. so last week was tough as hell but i got through it. congrats to the both of us on that!!!!!!!!!!!

ahh yeah, i feel that since my boyfriend and i don't live together right now.. ahh..

but yess !! we made it through, yayy

original.gif

・゚゚・。 ♡ 。・゚゚・

#17 ponikko

ponikko

Hangry Mochi

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 05 November 2020 - 06:33 AM

I'm being promoteddd

• y e l l o w and nicotine-dreams like this

#18 y e l l o w

y e l l o w

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:32 AM

- i woke up early

- i didn't purge

- i submitted my schoolwork before due

your posts inspire me to be better at doing hw. usually I just pull an all-nighter the day before deadline but that's so stressful. i'm doing a lil weekly task board on the desk wall :D .  

actually this entire thread is so inspiring. positive things make me smile :D.

#19 NLP

NLP

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2149 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:26 AM

I smuggled my S.O's birthday presents into the house without him noticing.  Believe me that was some achievement what with our CCTV and him washing his car in the driveway lmao

Functioning dysfunctionally

♡    ♡  

#20 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

i've been chillin the past few days bc period cramps got me fucked up, omg these responses make me happy :,)

I'm being promoteddd

yay!!! congrats!!! you deserve it!!!!! keep going at it <3

- i woke up early

- i didn't purge

- i submitted my schoolwork before due

your posts inspire me to be better at doing hw. usually I just pull an all-nighter the day before deadline but that's so stressful. i'm doing a lil weekly task board on the desk wall :D .  

actually this entire thread is so inspiring. positive things make me smile :D.

congrats on accomplishing all of those things! i'm struggling w all of those too, its hard work! be proud!

and wow, thank you! i'm glad you are feeling inspired! i just have a piece of printer paper on my desk rn where i write my weekly to do list, and its been helping a lot w time management, so i hope it helps you too! 

i want the point of this thread to be a way to get out of the ed side of our heads, that tends to put us down a lot for everything, and realize that we do a lot of things everyday that we should be proud of, major and minor! im glad you feel happy here, you are welcome to stay and keep contributing  :D

I smuggled my S.O's birthday presents into the house without him noticing.  Believe me that was some achievement what with our CCTV and him washing his car in the driveway lmao

aww that's so sweet!!! im glad you got away w it, surprises definitely feel more special imo  :P

• NLP likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users