Optifast mornings - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Optifast mornings

Optifast Breakfast Low calorie Shakes Protein Chocolate

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BunnyHoney

BunnyHoney

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:24 AM

I've been using Optifast sporadically for the past couple of years, and have now been drinking it every morning as breakfast before my early morning lectures. 

It's about 207 calories for the chocolate flavour shake (the only one I love - although haven't tried the coffee one yet!) It also takes maybe 30 seconds to prepare. I like adding ice to mine to make it colder and more tasty. You can blend it up, but I haven't had much success with it.

Anyways, I highly recommend it. Mostly because it's a way for me to commit myself to a set amount of calories for breakfast and ensures that I won't get off track with sugars from cereal or oatmeal, or oil from making eggs, toast or pancakes. And its super easy to put into calorie tracking apps lol. 

There is also the medical recommendation of Optifast, with it usually being the diet before a gastric. I think that diet is 3 shakes and a cup of vegetables. They also do soups, bars and mousse, but I can't vouch for those. You could easily do 3 shakes for 621 calories a day. 

I think the largest draw back from this is the lack of variety. The reviews for the soups aren't the greatest. But if I had this for every meal, I think it would encourage a binge for me. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Height: 165cm

GW: 60 kg

My Accountability

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Optifast, Breakfast, Low calorie, Shakes, Protein, Chocolate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users