Period back w little to no weight gain. Possible? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Period back w little to no weight gain. Possible?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aj191817

aj191817

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 10:39 AM

Please help. I went from 133 to 100 in the past 6 months. My period stopped at 117 and I’m 5’4. Now I’ve increased my calories to 1400 and am trying to eat more of everything. I’m open to gaining 3 pounds at max but absolutely no more. Every article online talks about eating 2,500 cals/day and gaining 25 lbs. I’ve worked too hard to do that. Has anyone managed to regain theirs? Please share tips

5’4”

HW: 154 lbs

CW: 100 lbs

LW: my CW

UGW: 100-105 lbs

#2 shinkai

shinkai

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:36 PM

i haven't got mine back but i've heard taking iron (if you're deficient in it) and getting at least some fat in your diet helps. it sometimes disappears when the body loses a lot of weight in a short period of time. high restriction and getting the best nutrition you can for your intake amount could also be beneficial. also-- if you overexercise ease up on it a bit and see if that helps. there are several causes of amenorrhea however so if you're very concerned you may want to talk to a doctor 

8J35LtE.jpg

#3 Heart of Ice

Heart of Ice

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on planet earth

Posted 11 November 2020 - 04:07 PM

Getting in quality calories can also help. Such a big weight loss often causes your body to lack important nutrients and that can also lead to loss of period. That happens because your body is using the nutrients you do get in, to keep your vital functions running. This is something you see in individuals of multiple weight ranges: even obese people sometimes lose their periods due to a lack of nutrients.

Taking a multivitamin could help, but otherwise you could also reverse diet until you eat 2000 calories again and if you do it right you won't gain a lot of weight. Adding more fat to your diet can also help. But keep in mind that estrogen needs fat to be properly made and stored in your body and the plunge of estrogen and progesterone essentially leads to your period, so if eating more fat is not sufficient you might need to gain some fat as well.

And if it all doesn't help: visit your doctor.

Height: 5'1 / 154,5 cm.

CW: 86 lbs / 39 kg.

BMI: 16,3.

GW1: 84 lbs / 38 kg.

GW2: 80 lbs / 36 kg.

GW3: 76 lbs / 34 kg.

UGW: 72 lbs / 32,5 kg.

#4 ponikko

ponikko

Hangry Mochi

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 12 November 2020 - 05:54 AM

Ive never lost my period, not even when my BMI was in the 16s. Periods are really weird.

#5 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12022 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:26 AM

Yeah. I once got my period back at bmi 14-15.

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

Lowest BMI: 10.9

Highest BMI: 20+

Current BMI: 12's

tumblr_mnq9nnGReQ1s5bnmao1_500.gif

instagram

ask me stuff

accountability/pics

#6 LittlePaperWings

LittlePaperWings

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 09:10 PM

Try supplementing with:

Evening primrose oil
Omega 3
Maca powder

And increase your intake of foods that mimic estrogen in the body
Like soy (milk, tofu etc) dried apricots, and flaxseeds

tenor.gif?itemid=11257212

HW: 164 lbs
LW: 115 lbs
GW: 100 lbs

#7 LittlePaperWings

LittlePaperWings

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 09:11 PM

Please help. I went from 133 to 100 in the past 6 months.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your routine? This is my current goal since relapsing

tenor.gif?itemid=11257212

HW: 164 lbs
LW: 115 lbs
GW: 100 lbs

#8 aj191817

aj191817

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 06:15 PM

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your routine? This is my current goal since relapsing

You wouldn’t want to do it the way I did. I ended up with a whole lot of deficiencies. I diluted my porridge in the morning so it was below 200 cal. Then I had a plain ham sandwich. For dinner I picked the veggies and protein out. I lived at home with my parents and was basically given food so I ate the same thing everyday. 

5’4”

HW: 154 lbs

CW: 100 lbs

LW: my CW

UGW: 100-105 lbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users