Got served real meat- feel awful-sad vent - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Got served real meat- feel awful-sad vent

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paddy’s pub

Paddy’s pub

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:04 PM

So one the rare times I have food that I haven’t cooked and this happens. It was a burger thing and they gave me real meat. My partner tried it after I said it tasted strange and confirmed it. I feel so so gross. Years of being vegan and I’ve always heard stories like this so I don’t eat out and if I do I don’t have meat substitutes. The first time I have and this happened. The restaurant just offered me a new one which I declined. I only had one bite but I feel gross and I know there’s nothing else I can do but feel sick and sad like. What’s messed up is it had vegan cheese on. So the chef but a meat burger with vegan cheese. Like??? So anyone who’s had this situation please tell me what you did to get over it.

#2 pastel twig

pastel twig

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:09 PM

You're still vegan. You've still been vegan for years. Someone fed you meat after making you think it wasn't. That isn't your fault in the slightest.

You're still doing so much--the fact that you've kept this up for so long is amazing, and I promise this mix-up doesn't change any of that.

• dollfang, Konachan, unbothered and 6 others like this

AridImmaculateBluet-size_restricted.gif

thinspo

stats:

Spoiler

ACCOUNTABILITY and body checks

#3 impmon

impmon

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8112 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:13 PM

leave a bad review and accept it wasnt your fault and sometimes people just shouldnt work customer service if they cant comprehend what either meat substitutes are or to respect your choices. 

• *ella, dontfeedthiscreature, FerociousLady and 3 others like this

twatter

5'3/73 lbs/actually worst personality

c1871d71efdbe57cbf14b067d6b54b4cc13a1972

bwoop

please

#4 Paddy’s pub

Paddy’s pub

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:16 PM

I’m waiting for a bathroom to purge, it was such a small amount but like, if I can do it for normal food I’m definitely doing it for this, I just don’t want to be caught. I feel so gross and I can feel the oil from it on my lips 😭😭😭😭😭😭

#5 Ezzie94

Ezzie94

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1833 posts
  • LocationGrocery store

Posted 06 November 2020 - 07:38 PM

I'm so sorry this had to happen to you on your first time trying something new, going to restaurants can already be stressful on itself. Just know it wasn't your intention to consume meat and there's nothing you could've done to prevent this from happening. They fucked up and I think you're handling it pretty well, much better than I would have a couple of years ago. 

Hope you're not feeling sick today, meat and diary can make you feel like hell if you haven't had any in a long time. 

• Konachan, Hime~Chan and Paddy’s pub like this

#6 *ella

*ella

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 November 2020 - 09:47 PM

That's so fucked up- that kind of mistake should never happen (I've managed bars and restaurants and if something says vegetarian/celiac/allergy etc, you can bet we're triple checking that the person is getting what they requested and that no contamination has happened at any point during the preparation).

Only once have I been served meat (I've been vegetarian for 16 years) and I just looked at it and pointed it out. The waitress was so upset, the chef came out personally to apologise, we got a free meal, free drinks and free dessert basically forced on us. I would definitely call the restaurant and ask for the manager to make a formal complaint because clearly their food safety control measures are lacking and they need to be addressed before they end up killing someone with a nut allergy.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! I would honestly just try forget and move on.

• Konachan, skinny.bjtch, Hime~Chan and 1 other like this

Spoiler

tumblr_noywtxBk7I1qeeoj7o1_540.giftumblr_noywtxBk7I1qeeoj7o2_540.gif

#7 Konachan

Konachan

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:05 PM

this reminds when i was in a restaurant asking for a vegan sausage and they gave me a real one.  i knew it was real and didnt eat it so i gave it to my mom to eat instead. its okay no one is perfect. you thought it was vegan but it turns out it wasnt vegan. it is not  your fault. you're still vegan because you care about the animals and did not intend to eat one. im so sorry this happened to you

• Paddy’s pub likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users