Getting smooth clear skin EVERYWHERE - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Getting smooth clear skin EVERYWHERE

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lilacmoss

Lilacmoss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:42 PM

I was wondering how tf people have like smooth looking baby soft skin? Especially on my upper thighs. I juat want them to look firm and soft, but they have light stretch marks and like red bumps sort of?and i feel like theyre sort of like blotchy red looking, and ofc they are flabby. I do a lot of walking for work. I usually take about 8,000-11,000 steps a day. How can I get them to look smooth and firm and pale :(
  • sickfaerie and tomoruka like this
LW 106ish
CW 139
GW 120
UGW 95-100lbs

Height- 5'1

#2 impmon

impmon

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8156 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:52 PM

even 11k steps isn't really a lot. 

the answer is moisturize and exfoliate. like moisturize once daily at minimum, and twice if you need to. then exfoliate a couple times a week. i also found i had blotchy skin when i wore jeans often which i mostly wear skirts and shorts now. like the fabric agitated my skin, personally.

buy one of those scratchy shower sponges. i don't exfoliate with chemicals, just my scratchy sponge. i do it softly but consistently for like a minute on each limb.

get moisturizer and ideally dont get cheap stuff.

• sickfaerie and tomoruka like this

twatter

5'3/73 lbs/actually worst personality

c1871d71efdbe57cbf14b067d6b54b4cc13a1972

bwoop

please

#3 faeriepuke

faeriepuke

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Locationst ides heaven, usa

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:53 PM

exfoliation might help! there are special body washes (i hear there's one from 'first aid beauty' at sephora that everyone swears by but it's probably $$$) or you could use a glycolic toner like the one from the ordinary (it's like $8 and i use it on my upper arms and thighs to get rid of bumps!). you can also also dry-brush, which i think reduces stretch marks and makes your skin tighter overall. honestly nothing beats just an exfoliating mitt sugar mixed with olive oil in terms of cost effectiveness though

you might want to look into keratosis pilaris. that's what a derm i saw once told me the little bumps are called and there are probably a ton of articles about it that go more in depth

• sickfaerie likes this

#4 hobbit

hobbit

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

Sounds like keratosis pilaris? A body lotion with salicylic acid can help!

xgt7QRR.gif

#5 afellowghost

afellowghost

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:37 AM

Get a good body scrub and moisturize every day. I've been using shea/cocoa butter since I was a teen and my skin is not as bad as I expected it to be near 30 years old.

29 | they/them | accountability

#6 little.red.

little.red.

Wildly Inappropriate Whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts
  • Locationwandering aimlessly in the kitchen

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:39 PM

exfoliating and moisturing every day. I just use a soft loofa or facecloth bc i have pretty sensitive skin, then use a shea body cream after i shower.

*cackles in self-loathing*

5'-4"
cw: 102 bmi 17.5
gw: 89 bmi 15

"We are all just trying to be holy" - Richard Siken
"There is magic in this, and terror" - Amy Lowell

#7 Fitskiny

Fitskiny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:09 AM

I get ´´bumpy´´skin on my legs when my skin gets dry.. from cold air, hot showers etc. It really, really helps to moisturize! I suggest trying CeraVe SA smoothing cream, because it has salicylic acid to slightly exfoliate your skin while mosturizing it. It helped me, and my arms and legs feel like babyskin.

x

#8 sickfaerie

sickfaerie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationprobably sleeping.

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:08 AM

my reply lagged nvm oops

Edited by somber_girl, 14 November 2020 - 05:09 AM.

#9 sickfaerie

sickfaerie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationprobably sleeping.

Posted 14 November 2020 - 05:10 AM

i use a collagen moisturizer and i only exfoliate 3times a week. anything more than that is unnecessary tbh

#10 Butterfliesdon'tfart

Butterfliesdon'tfart

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 12:52 PM

Body brush every day

#11 whiskerz

whiskerz

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2297 posts
  • LocationU.S.-MN

Posted 27 November 2020 - 10:25 PM

I got this spray and it's mommy and me stretch mark spray, I can't remember the brand but ill edit later when I find it, it smells so nice I love it and it helps with stretch marks really well. Otherwise: gently exfoliate, bio oil, then rub in the bio oil with lotion. Tea tree oil is also one of my personal go to because I have fairly touch skin with a lot of scars so I can handle it, watch out if you have sensitive skin and remember to dilute!
Edited to add: use lotion or baby oil when you shave your legs instead of soap or cream!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users