ED Book Reviews - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ED Book Reviews

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 beautyfromashes

beautyfromashes

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:04 AM

I am reading a bunch of books from the ED list that are on Kindle Unlimited or that I have chosen to buy and I will post very brief reviews. I am not including the ones that I have read in the past since most people have heard of or already ready those (ie: Wasted, Best Little Girl in the World, etc)

Dancing with a Demon - Valerie Foster

I felt like this was a well-written and coherent book. Unfortunately, if you find 'miraculous' recoveries from ED's unbelievable you probably wouldn't like this book

The Anorexic Experiment - Angela Bacon Grimm

This book was pretty interesting with a couple twists, albeit not unexpected ones. The main issue I had is that the book doesn't really focus on the recovery aspect at all.

Currently Reading

Hungry for Life: A Memoir Unlocking the Truth Inside an Anorexic Mind - Rachel Richards

• CoffeeAddictLilly likes this

#2 whatsthename

whatsthename

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 01:48 AM

following!

#3 laurag98

laurag98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 05:40 PM

Love this!

If your looking for a good book about EDs I'd recommend checking out this series: https://www.amazon.c...nding=paperback

I met the author, she's really cool and is in recovery from anorexia. Her books are really good too, last one just came out and I'm obsessed! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users