Does anyone else have to do this? - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does anyone else have to do this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cathrine.

Cathrine.

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:27 AM

I'm taking a glucose test today. I'm not sure it's common in other countries, but basically you have to drink sugar water while fasting, to check for pregnancy related diabetes. Where I'm from, they make almost all pregnant people take it. 

I just drank the sugar water, and I feel awful. It has 75 grams of sugar, which I calculated is around 300 kcals, but I'm so hungry and thirsty, and it's messing up my diet... I have to wait at least 2 hrs before I can eat something healthy, and I'm so scared I'll be too hungry to make good choices after this.

Have any of you been through it? How did you cope with the calories?

#2 Cathrine.

Cathrine.

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 04:06 AM

And the nurse who gave me the sugar water had the audacity to call it a healthy breakfast! WTF??

#3 Sapphirejewel

Sapphirejewel

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

I went through it multiple times. I just had to think about the health of my baby. It was disgusting but I knew it was necessary. Just remember that you are doing it for your beautiful baby and that their health is the most important. I know it sucks but remember that pregnancy is only temporary and you can worry about the calories later. Speaking from experience,
it really will pass sooner than you think (even if it doesn't feel like it right now). Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk ;-)
  • Cathrine. likes this

#4 Cathrine.

Cathrine.

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:22 AM

I went through it multiple times. I just had to think about the health of my baby. It was disgusting but I knew it was necessary. Just remember that you are doing it for your beautiful baby and that their health is the most important. I know it sucks but remember that pregnancy is only temporary and you can worry about the calories later. Speaking from experience,
it really will pass sooner than you think (even if it doesn't feel like it right now). Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk ;-)

Thanks! I was fine eventually...just ended up having a shitty day. I don’t think I’ll have to do it again, at least not in this pregnancy, and I’m planning to be in a better headspace for my next pregnancy :) I know worrying about calories is so stupid, but that’s just how my brain works, unfortunately...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users