Have you ever done anything super risky to loose weight? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Have you ever done anything super risky to loose weight?

weight loss

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 Charlie (:

Charlie (:

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:51 AM

Good question, despite having the ed for 2 years, I can't remember purposefully doing anything particularly dangerous apart from not eating but I know I've been in numerous situations where I probably could have died if I wasn't careful, like when I've fasted without drinking enough water (aka every time I fast) the morning after, I get insanely weak to the point where I have to crawl around and my heart starts beating really hard and fast, if I hadn't eaten something those days I think I could have died. I've almost fainted a number of times, almost every time It could have been deadly. I have considered tapeworm diet but never went through with it. Reading all of this, I'm realizing this is more of a problem than thought, thinking these I literally thought yeah just the normal stuff, this is honestly fucked up and I'm brushing it off like its nothing because I've normalized it and I could have done worse, shit lol.

Height: 5'4"

CW: 115lbs~ (No scale atm)

GW: 100lbs

UGW: 90lbs

BMI: 19.4 (Healthy)

Prounouns: They/Them

Eating disorder: BED/EDNOS 

Restrict (one week) and binge (3 weeks) cycle (no purge), 2 years ):

#22 hypomargoteros

hypomargoteros

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:58 AM

amphetamines and cathinones leading to three road trips in the ambulance

#23 MindreAna

MindreAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3491 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:59 AM

In my teens I tried to swallow cotton balls, 0/10 don’t recommend unless by losing weight you aim for death by choking and hope your corpse skeleton looks real skinny 6 ft under.

#24 thinnamonroll

thinnamonroll

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationScarif, Abrion Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:52 AM

My risky move was consulting some random doctor over the phone in India to get Wellbutrin (even though it is contraindicated in people with anorexia because of increased risk of seizures).  Got a month's supply of it for $50, consult included!  It's prescribed to help people stop smoking so that's what I told them even though I've never had a cig in my life.  I love it because it helps my libido and mood and decreases my appetite.

• loveblithe and Fitskiny like this

height: 5'10"

hw: 147

hw (pregnant): 162

lw: 112

cw: 114

bmi: 16.4

tumblr-d19060486a2beec0cf62884409c851b7-

#25 sickfaerie

sickfaerie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationprobably sleeping.

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:02 AM

took double dose of 200mg caffeine
pills knowing i have low tolerance. dk how to explain properly but i couldn’t stop shaking and vomiting for hours. on a empty stomach it was just clear stuff¿ stomach acid? 0/10 wouldn’t recommend lmao
  • LePetiteSirene, loveblithe and Maladaptive like this

#26 salmonellla

salmonellla

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:03 AM

- vaped some shady tasting liquid
- restricted too low so my immune system was so trashed I got ear infections in both ears from standing on the rooftop for a bit. felt like my brain was trying to escape my skull lmao
- purged

#27 Maladaptive

Maladaptive

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:52 AM

I did a shit-ton of ecstacy because afterwards you tend to not want to eat. But my face swelled up so bad from clenching my jaws while I was on it and I fractured a tooth.

And then I told yet another lie to my beloved mother when she asked why my face was so swollen, because I couldn't tell her I wasn't eating and definitely couldn't tell her I did drugs. She deserves a better daughter... God, I love my mom..
  • Enchantedana17 likes this

Current BMI: 15.07

Height : 5'4" / 163cm / 1.63m

Highest Weight : 98.8lbs / 44.81kg / 7.1 Stone

Start Weight: 97lbs / 43.99kg / 6.9 Stone

Current Weight : 87.8lbs / 39.83kg / 6.3 Stone

Lowest Weight : 86.8lbs / 39.37kg / 6.2 Stone

Goal Weight : 80lbs / 36.28kg / 5.7 Stone

tenor.gif

#28 Maladaptive

Maladaptive

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:59 AM

took double dose of 200mg caffeine
pills knowing i have low tolerance. dk how to explain properly but i couldn’t stop shaking and vomiting for hours. on a empty stomach it was just clear stuff¿ stomach acid? 0/10 wouldn’t recommend lmao

Omg!! I did this too! I took about 700mg caffeine and WRECKED myself for nearly 3 days. My kidneys felt like they were in a vice, my chest hurt so bad, and for a day and a half I couldn't stand up for more than a few moments without fainting. I puked up a bunch of clear liquid too!
  • LePetiteSirene likes this

tenor.gif

#29 ryryskye

ryryskye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationmy home

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:46 PM

I mean..

Omg!! I did this too! I took about 700mg caffeine and WRECKED myself for nearly 3 days. My kidneys felt like they were in a vice, my chest hurt so bad, and for a day and a half I couldn't stand up for more than a few moments without fainting. I puked up a bunch of clear liquid too!

did you loose weight?

• gaaaatiiitooo likes this

#30 dumb cutie

dumb cutie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 posts
  • LocationDrug Store

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:08 PM

abusing emetics.

that was last year tho.

stay safe, my dudes.

#31 yuh.mp3

yuh.mp3

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:09 PM

take a few sleeping pills when i felt a binge coming up so i would fall asleep so i wouldn't eat

#32 Maladaptive

Maladaptive

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:37 PM

I mean..

did you loose weight?

Honestly, I didn't have the energy or blood pressure to stand up long enough to weigh myself during this whole fiasco, but I do recall this being around the same time I hit my all time lowest weight lol
  • Fitskiny and ryryskye like this

tenor.gif

#33 Holiday

Holiday

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts
  • Locationin bed

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:46 PM

I mean yeah ED behaviors are pretty risky in general, Id say the riskiest for me is when I get super obsessive a about my purging and flush like crazy

30-rock30-rock-quotestracy-morganperfect

8c8dda85d4a835dd462949824d7446bd.jpg

Height: 5'6

Weight: 95lbs

BMI: 15.3

AN b/p

Spoiler

dc1b0b6926bce8d027dae9d28dcbbd9d.jpg

#34 ivy-cix66

ivy-cix66

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:02 PM

going on drug binges for days at a time and not eating the whole time except maybe a glass of orange juice
alcohol monos (do not recommend holy shit)
going to work on day 3 of a fast at 5am after downing a couple energy drinks, i somehow made it through the shift but my heart was ready to give up on the way home
a few years ago when i was in high school i used to walk home (1hr 30mins) on an empty stomach instead of catching a bus so i could burn more calories
smoking so much weed every day/night that i would vomit up the tiny amount of food i was actually eating at the time.
essentially surviving off weed, nicotine and caffeine for the better part of the last 6 years.
  • FairyBoi likes this

#35 Darkest Rosé

Darkest Rosé

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:27 PM

Abused otc medicine, abused antidepressants that made me extremely suicidal but on the plus side would also kill my appetite and any urge to binge, would overexercise for two to three days straight while fasting mainly biking for hours on end in a completely unknown as well as pretty much empty area so the risk of passing out or having a heart attack and not being found for quite some time was high, purposely trying to contract a sickness such as the flu or a stomach virus so I wouldn't have to eat, purposely trying to give myself food poisoning, I've also considered taking prescription drugs that I'm allergic to in hopes of it destroying my stomach so I can't eat, and now my most recent plan is to get all of my wisdom teeth pulled out in January (after I get the money lmao) just so I won't be able to eat. There's probably more but I also have zero memory so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit: I also just remembered that more than once I downed at least 900 mg or more of caffeine in one sitting, although that really wasn't because of my ED but more of just because I hated myself and wanted to feel something.

Formerly CrimsonLights

My Stats:

Age 20

Height 5'6" (167 cm)

HW 159.3

LW 88.8

CW 134.9

GW 1 135

GW 2 130

GW 3 127

GW 4 125

UGW 98.1

Days SH Free: 456

Days Purge Free: 345

Days Binge Free: 1

#36 HippieBear

HippieBear

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationImaginationland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:30 PM

When I was an 18 year old...20 years ago... I did meth everyday for six months to try and lose more weight.

Recently, I had my SO put a lock on the kitchen and I keep it locked all day and make him lock it immediately after dinner- the only meal I'll eat something. ... I do get more calories from drinking alcohol...

HW: 325

LW: 140

CW: 160

CW: 155
CW: 150

CW: 145

(post treatment): 165-  soooo disgusted, but that's what happens when you can't purge and are being forced to eat and not work out.

GW: 130
UGW: 123.7

5'9"

Diagnosed: Bipolar, Anxious, Bulimic- not always in that order.

Hospitalized, now in outpatient.

#37 Hanna94

Hanna94

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationNorthern Europe

Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:37 AM

Took orlistat to avoid weight gain after eating a normal meal. Took me two weeks to develop acute pancreatitis and landed me in hospital.

Binged after weeks of severe restriction without even knowing about refeeding syndrome.

I was so oblivious at the beginning of my ED.

#38 moosetracks

moosetracks

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:51 AM

Meth lmao. 2 years clean now, so I have to actually WORK to lose weight now UGH

Sent from outer space

#39 Maladaptive

Maladaptive

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:58 AM

Meth lmao. 2 years clean now, so I have to actually WORK to lose weight now UGH

Sent from outer space

Wow! Congratulations on getting clean!!! That's definitely not easy! I've never done meth (and I certainly don't plan to) but a family member of mine has been on it for years and can't seem to stay clean. Seriously, you're incredible!
  • LePetiteSirene and moosetracks like this

tenor.gif

#40 moosetracks

moosetracks

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:01 AM

Wow! Congratulations on getting clean!!! That's definitely not easy! I've never done meth (and I certainly don't plan to) but a family member of mine has been on it for years and can't seem to stay clean. Seriously, you're incredible!

Wow, thank you so much!!! It is one hell of a drug. I relapsed about a hundred times before I got it right. I had an ED before I ever did drugs and so the drugs were definitely fueled by my ED which made it so hard to quit since I would gain weight every time I'd try to get clean. Also, it's just a really addictive drug!!! I hope your family member makes it out of the hell that is a meth addiction

Sent from outer space
  • LePetiteSirene and Maladaptive like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight, loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users