Have you ever done anything super risky to loose weight? - Page 6 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Have you ever done anything super risky to loose weight?

weight loss

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 borderlinee

borderlinee

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:41 AM

took double dose of 200mg caffeine
pills knowing i have low tolerance. dk how to explain properly but i couldn’t stop shaking and vomiting for hours. on a empty stomach it was just clear stuff¿ stomach acid? 0/10 wouldn’t recommend lmao

i did the exact stack and would regularly take 1200-2000mg of caffeine i thought my heart was gonna stop one because it was beating so fast and hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#102 sickfaerie

sickfaerie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • Locationprobably sleeping.

Posted 06 December 2020 - 01:06 AM

i did the exact stack and would regularly take 1200-2000mg of caffeine i thought my heart was gonna stop one because it was beating so fast and hard

yeah same after hours of vomiting and anxiety i had no energy and started to fall asleep despite my heart still feeling like it was beating out of my chest, and i asked my brother if i was gonna die

#103 borderlinee

borderlinee

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 01:14 AM

yeah same after hours of vomiting and anxiety i had no energy and started to fall asleep despite my heart still feeling like it was beating out of my chest, and i asked my brother if i was gonna die

i literally wrote in my notes like a final goodbye and shit then to my surprise i woke up the next morning ugh

• sickfaerie likes this

#104 Lunari

Lunari

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2020 - 06:03 AM

Abused ADHD meds, overdosed them. My heart was like: shit, we are fucked.

“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
galaxy_girl__my_profile_pic_by_kawaiicla

#105 whatsthename

whatsthename

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 06:12 AM

was taking a shit load of amphetamine and drinking a fuck tonne of alcohol. ended up in emergency multiple times with electrolytes at fatally low levels (from binging and purging all day everyday). one time when i was in there, my heart dropped to 40 and my blood pressure was something like, 80/50. the nurses were trying to shake me awake.

#106 Leavethissitenow

Leavethissitenow

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2020 - 02:03 PM

opium

#107 EatenTooMuch

EatenTooMuch

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 07:16 PM

Yeah I didn’t eat for 12 straight days and by like day 3 the adrenaline was getting so bad so I started doing vodka and diet soda every night just to fall asleep and I could tell it was very quickly fucking up my heart. my chest hurt to walk at my normal power walk speed. On a flat surface.

0/10 recommend. Fasting can be fine if you’re a healthy weight or higher but wtf was I thinking shoving vodka into my system and nothing else

For 12. Straight. Days.

Also, I totally put myself into psychosis for like 2-3 months afterwards. The drinking continued but I started re-binging. I lost so much so fast and continued to flirt with 3-5 day fasts that it took me over 3 months of insanity to regain what I lost. But I totally lost my mind and I spent a lot of my savings on really stupid stuff that I now wish I had not. Ofc it didn’t help that my life had just been ruined because of covid and I was stuck indefinitely in the middle of nowhere with the most toxic family ever, no car, and no friends.

That was the riskiest this ever got for me. Straight up starving for days, drinking, then drinking and suddenly plowing my system with 4,000 food calories. The alcohol totally screwed up the hormones and my body continually thought it was starving for months. I had to talk to myself and be like “Yes you lost X weight very very fast but it doesn’t count because you gave yourself psychosis and your body didn’t know what to do so it forced you to regain it all so you can’t do an ineffective strategy like that again.”

I felt this so hard. I'm sorry you went through this during Covid, totally relate to the drinking and flirting with fasting. 

The riskiest thing I did to loose weight was 2 years ago. I would go most days of the week not eating anything and then drinking wine at night, often getting drunk. I would go to work and not eat during the day. Then as soon as I finished work I would take sleeping pills and anti anxiety medication, drink a can of G&T on the bus on the way home (so tacky), get home, get straight in the bath and stay in the bath for hours drinking wine. My fucked up mind was like "if you get drunk enough you'll pass out and won't eat".  I lost a lot of weight very quickly, along with bulimia. I looked so sick, everything hurt, I could tell I was fucking up my heart, and my acute pancreatitis came back (no surprises there with the amount I was drinking). 

I was also smoking a pack a day, diet pills, ADHD medication, caffeine pills, energy drinks, coffee. I wasn't exercising because I became so weak, lazy and everything hurt and also, was hungover most days.  

It was the closest I got to my goal weight within a month and a bit but I would never do that again. I look back on it like, I'm unhealthy now but shit, that was a insane and how did I not develop some full on liver problems or chronic pancreatitis. When I was in that headspace it felt like I wasn't really living, just like it was a weird, quick dream, felt so out of touch with everyone and everything

Update to now, I still have pancreatitis flare up now (waiting for results from a blood test to get it confirmed) and huge acid reflux problems due to the years of bulimia and the huge amount I was drinking in that short space of time. And obviously I put it all back on within a few months. 

Height: 4'11

HW: 127lbs. LW: 103lbs lbs [/i]

SW:127 GW1:115. GW2 :110 GW3 :105

UGW: 90

Fucking RELAPSED

I’m just fat. Silly and fat.

#108 Cari

Cari

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1277 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:47 PM

- Overdosed on caffeine pills/Ephedrine and took Adderall while chain smoking to restrict
- Overdosed lax & diuretics together
- Dry fasted for three days on an ECA stack while taking diuretics, I’ve done this multiple times
- Continued to binge & purge while in the Cardiac Care Unit for severe electrolyte imbalance
- Swallowed batteries while inpatient for ED so I could go to the regular hospital and be free to use eating disorder behaviors, I was on the the restricted unit within the IP unit at the time & just felt caged & desperate.

We're all just scattered leaves: 

http://www.to-never-quell.tumblr.com
http://www.mirror-e-d.tumblr.com

Hw:  167.5 at 4'9"   Bmi:  36.2
Cw:  89 at 4'10.75"  Bmi:  18.6
Lw:  75.0 at 4'10.75"   Bmi: 15.7
Gw:  68.4  Bmi: 14

#109 Marjaneh

Marjaneh

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, not Constantinople

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:24 PM

Using ipecac to purge (once - never made that mistake again), took up smoking to lose weight (finally managed to quit), abused laxatives to the point where my digestive system barely functions anymore, and used very questionable and now illegal diet pills ways back when.

BMI ~ 14.9

Height ~ 5'10''

~ I just know that something good is going to happen. I don't know when, but just saying it could even make it happen. ~

#110 BornToMove

BornToMove

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 936 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:27 PM

pacing for hours and low restriction simultaneously

#111 sad_diner

sad_diner

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2664 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:28 PM

A metric boat load of amphetamine.

#112 whyisopheliahere

whyisopheliahere

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3062 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:31 PM

taking benadryl every hour so i would be too drowsy to eat but it didn’t really help much i mostly just hallucinated and fell off the bed multiple times
𝔲𝔤𝔴- 28𝔨𝔤
𝔤𝔴- 37
𝔠𝔴- 40
𝔟𝔪𝔦- 15.9

#113 el15937

el15937

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2020 - 02:25 PM

Stopped taking meds (which I depend on in order to live) as I convinced myself they were making me gain weight. Ended up having a stay in hospital as my blood pressure was dangerously low and I couldn’t even stand up lol.

BMI: 16.2 (updated 04.01.21)

HBMI: 20.4

#114 etta !

etta !

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1385 posts
  • Locationsomewhere?

Posted 28 December 2020 - 06:38 PM

still a habit ive yet to break-

I refuse to wash any fruit/veg before eating it, even raw. now with covid I know this is more dangerous but ive been doing that for five years now. its literally only because im hoping to feel sick/get food poisoning. I regularly get food poisoning so my body gets over it quickly but no doubt my bad habit helps that

5'3" - 18 - she/her

hw - 180lbs

cw - 98lbs

ugw - what's that

a1555c5cd768dc57537d6b2104e2f5ac.gif

#115 fala11111

fala11111

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 December 2020 - 06:56 PM

I'm a dumbass and I actually did eat a cotton ball once. That was at the beginning of my ed and I fasted for days on end and I genuinely was so terrified to eat anything, but I was so hungry I thought I'll gnaw off my arm. So I did that. It was years ago though. I think the most dangerous thing I did overall was purging. 

There is no other side, Bojack.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight, loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users