has anyone tried Smart Sweets? - Food - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

has anyone tried Smart Sweets?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cambri

cambri

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:05 PM

I’m really interested in trying them, but since they’re pretty expensive I don’t want to order them and not like them, you know? They’re also not sold locally, sadly.

So if anyone’s tried them, I’d love to hear opinions! I’m considering ordering the box of 14 so I can try every flavor when I have extra money. I don’t want to waste my money if they’re trash though lol.

Lmk what you think of the flavors, if I end up buying them I’ll update with my review!!

#2 CICOpath

CICOpath

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1893 posts
  • LocationSOUTH Florida

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:11 PM

no but i want to

my thing is with those is (& those fancy protein chips I’ve been seeing) if i like them, I’m probably gonna keep buying them & there’s no way im gonna spend that much unless I order them like once a month

who knows maybe a black friday sale will pop up
  • cambri likes this

gallery_212432_64639_5332.png
Waldo Emerson | 03.04.2020

Join the **UPDATED** Unofficial MPA Chat Lobby!

med_gallery_212432_64639_10501.jpg med_gallery_212432_64639_36087.jpg

#3 cambri

cambri

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1528 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

no but i want to

my thing is with those is (& those fancy protein chips I’ve been seeing) if i like them, I’m probably gonna keep buying them & there’s no way im gonna spend that much unless I order them like once a month

who knows maybe a black friday sale will pop up

yeah I’m really hoping they go on sale! I don’t like ordering food online or in bulk, tbh I might just buy a single bag off amazon to try them even if it’s a total rip.

which protein chips btw? I’ve been thinking about buying the quest ones for a while, my grocery store stocks two flavors but neither are my favorite so I’m worried that would skew how I feel about them lol.

#4 CICOpath

CICOpath

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1893 posts
  • LocationSOUTH Florida

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:24 PM

yeah I’m really hoping they go on sale! I don’t like ordering food online or in bulk, tbh I might just buy a single bag off amazon to try them even if it’s a total rip.
which protein chips btw? I’ve been thinking about buying the quest ones for a while, my grocery store stocks two flavors but neither are my favorite so I’m worried that would skew how I feel about them lol.

yesss the quest ones

there’s a brand called ‘kays protein chips’ on amazon & the packaging looks old as fuck but for like 6-8$ i think you get like 6 bags & the nutrition isn’t bad...those id definitely try though just coz the price

anything from quest i trust tho
  • cambri likes this

gallery_212432_64639_5332.png
Waldo Emerson | 03.04.2020

Join the **UPDATED** Unofficial MPA Chat Lobby!

med_gallery_212432_64639_10501.jpg med_gallery_212432_64639_36087.jpg

#5 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2042 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:10 PM

Swedish fish and the peach rings are the bomb. The sour blast and gummy bears aren't really my thing. I got a whole bunch of these things ages ago, and definitely enjoyed the rings and fish.

Amazon sells them for around 2.00 a pack, sometimes cheaper, but you'd need to shop around.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
  • cambri likes this

#6 cambri

cambri

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1528 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:54 PM

Swedish fish and the peach rings are the bomb. The sour blast and gummy bears aren't really my thing. I got a whole bunch of these things ages ago, and definitely enjoyed the rings and fish.

Amazon sells them for around 2.00 a pack, sometimes cheaper, but you'd need to shop around.

okay, cool! how close do you think the fish and peach rings are to the real version? I think I’ll buy some today.
  • nonyabusnass likes this

#7 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Donut Whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5775 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:55 PM

Dude my mouth is watering just thinking of these things. They look so good

My local target sells them apparently. I'm gonna go get some in the next few days. I will update with the taste.
  • cambri likes this

Stuck at the surface.

Not making progress.

Falling apart while I'm trying my hardest.

Accountability: The Losing 5lbs Chronicles

#8 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2042 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

okay, cool! how close do you think the fish and peach rings are to the real version? I think I’ll buy some today.

The fish are pretty darn close to the real thing. The peach rings try, but you obviously can't come close to the actual sugar. However, taste wise, they're actually better than their sugary counterparts.

• cambri likes this

#9 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2042 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:23 PM

Dude my mouth is watering just thinking of these things. They look so good

My local target sells them apparently. I'm gonna go get some in the next few days. I will update with the taste.

Amazon. I hate promoting Amazon, but unless Target is having a sale, you're more likely to find 12 packs on there for much cheaper than single packs or a 2 for 2 deal.

• TinyLostSoul and cambri like this

#10 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Donut Whore

• Accountability access
  • 5775 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:40 PM

Okay I bought some today. I wanted to try them before I bought them in bulk.

Nutrition info:

Sour blast buddies: 30 pieces in bag, 100 calories total
Vs
Sour Patch Kids: 30 pieces = 300 calories

Peach rings: ~15 pieces in bag, 100 calories
Vs
Trolli peach rings: 15 pieces = 325 calories

Sweet fish: ~15 pieces = 100 calories
Vs
Swedish fish: 15 pieces = 330 calories

So each of these is roughly 1/3 the calories of their sugared counterparts.

~~

Taste-wise, they were acceptable. Not great. Definitely not as good as full-sugar candy.

The sour blast buddies were kind of grossly chewy and didn't have the right texture. They tasted like shitty knock-off sour patch kids. 7/10

The sweet fish were the best. They do taste really similar to Swedish fish for a fraction of the calories. Still not as good as the real thing, but worth eating for the calories. 8/10

The peach rings were mediocre at best. Really, really not all that great. They're very lacking in sweetness. The texture was okay though. 5/10 aa6500e74a97148e105c31b854459231.jpg
  • cambri likes this

Stuck at the surface.

Not making progress.

#11 cambri

cambri

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1528 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:03 PM

Okay I bought some today. I wanted to try them before I bought them in bulk.

Nutrition info:

Sour blast buddies: 30 pieces in bag, 100 calories total
Vs
Sour Patch Kids: 30 pieces = 300 calories

Peach rings: ~15 pieces in bag, 100 calories
Vs
Trolli peach rings: 15 pieces = 325 calories

Sweet fish: ~15 pieces = 100 calories
Vs
Swedish fish: 15 pieces = 330 calories

So each of these is roughly 1/3 the calories of their sugared counterparts.

~~

Taste-wise, they were acceptable. Not great. Definitely not as good as full-sugar candy.

The sour blast buddies were kind of grossly chewy and didn't have the right texture. They tasted like shitty knock-off sour patch kids. 7/10

The sweet fish were the best. They do taste really similar to Swedish fish for a fraction of the calories. Still not as good as the real thing, but worth eating for the calories. 8/10

The peach rings were mediocre at best. Really, really not all that great. They're very lacking in sweetness. The texture was okay though. 5/10 aa6500e74a97148e105c31b854459231.jpg

that’s good to hear about the sweet fish! kinda disappointing about the sour blast buddies. I was planning on ordering a bag of both of those, but I ended up ordering a box on amazon that had the three you bought as well as both types of gummy bears since it was a lil cheaper for the amount than most other options.

#12 Flying

Flying

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:07 PM

Peach rings and Swedish fish are also my favorite (I have tried all but the newer watermelon flavor). Swedish fish are closer to the original, specially texture wise. Regular peach rings are one of my favorite candy so I also really like those, I like the flavor, texture is not as good but good enough for me given the calorie difference. The smart chews are also good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • cambri and nonyabusnass like this

#13 cambri

cambri

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1528 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:01 AM

Peach rings and Swedish fish are also my favorite (I have tried all but the newer watermelon flavor). Swedish fish are closer to the original, specially texture wise. Regular peach rings are one of my favorite candy so I also really like those, I like the flavor, texture is not as good but good enough for me given the calorie difference. The smart chews are also good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats good to hear! I really want to try the chews, but they weren’t available in the pack I bought (same as the watermelon) but I plan on trying both at some point if the other ones I’m getting are good.

Also they released a new candy yesterday!!! They’re little licorice bites.

#14 TinyLostSoul

TinyLostSoul

Donut Whore

• Accountability access
  • 5775 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 01:04 AM

Also to note: I ate two packages at once a few hours ago. Since these use plant fiber as a base ingredient, each package has 13 grams of fiber!

Uh... My body does not appreciate an additional 26 grams of fiber all at once. Especially while restricting. So. Fair warning.
  • cambri and nonyabusnass like this

Stuck at the surface.

Not making progress.

#15 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2042 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:28 PM

Also to note: I ate two packages at once a few hours ago. Since these use plant fiber as a base ingredient, each package has 13 grams of fiber!

Uh... My body does not appreciate an additional 26 grams of fiber all at once. Especially while restricting. So. Fair warning.

Oh I feel you there! I wasn't paying attention to the fiber content and well, my ass was, up, an issue.

• cambri likes this

#16 cambri

cambri

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1528 posts
  • Locationin my feelings

Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:44 PM

UPDATE: I bought some!

So far, I’ve tried the fruity gummy bears and the sweet fish.

The fruity gummy bears are like normal gummy bears imo! They’re apple, peach, raspberry, and lemon. I liked these. Typically I’m not a huge fan of gummy bears and I rarely eat them, but I liked these and I’ll probably be ordering them again.

The sweet fish are close to swedish fish, there’s a slight difference being that these are slightly chewier and have a slightly stronger berry flavor than swedish fish. Also going to order again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users