Modified ABC Tracker (no fasting) - ABC Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Modified ABC Tracker (no fasting)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:38 AM

aef64d4c1def7d004f5ad6576d0b22ec.jpg
TW: I do not promote disordered eating. Please don’t read this if you may get triggered

Howdy 5’5” CW 134 lbs (only weigh in the morning). I got down to LW 110.4 lbs this summer, but unfortunately got stuck in a terrible binge cycle for 3 months so gained it all back. Gonna do this modified ABC to get back on track and hopefully take steps to reach my UGW 100 lbs. I’m on day 3 already so I’ll post calorie counts from the first two days first

Day 1 - 134 lbs in the morning
Lunch - protein shake, pickles - 175 cals
Dinner - acai bowl - 294 cals
Total - 469 cals

Day 2 - 132 lbs in the morning
Breakfast - egg whites and Pam - 83 cals
Lunch - pickles and alcohol - 72 cals
Dinner - spinach, chicken strips, garlic, Pam, Dijon mustard - 275 cals
Total - 439 cals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ......... and akyre like this

Elle - 5'5" - 22 yro - ironically unironically using comic sans

HW (2017?): 145 lbs

LW (08/20): 110.4 lbs

SW (11/20): 137

GW 1: 130 lbs 

***CW: 128.8 lbs (11/18/20)***

GW 2: 125 lbs

GW 3: 120 lbs

GW 4: 115 lbs

GW 5: 110 lbs

UGW: 100 lbs

#2 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:19 AM

Day 3 - 130.2 lbs in the morning
Breakfast - blueberries - 84 cals
Lunch - egg whites, Pam, seaweed - 93 cals
Dinner - clam and spinach - 128 cals
Total - 305 cals

I went a little over the 300 cal goal but oh well. This day was really hard. Before I started this diet I was eating 2000-3000 cals a day so I was resisting major binging at night

#3 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:26 AM

Another thing to note: I don’t count the cals for vitamins or idk some days I’ll barely be able to eat real food

But vitamins are super important. When I was hella restricting over the summer, I was fine, but in August my hair started falling out everywhere, even after I got a short haircut and started binging. Now, I’m taking biotin vitamins, link listed below. Hair loss is very much real and very scary. My hair line has receded by a lot and that’s one of the things I regret the most, besides the pointless binging :/ so make sure you take your vitamins. I thought I was immune too, that hair loss won’t happen to me. But it can even start happening after your restriction ends. Take your vitamins, don’t count the cals. Trust me, it doesn’t matter

https://www.amazon.c...product_details

• akyre likes this

#4 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:37 PM

This is also a random update (going to officially post my weight and calories for today later at night) buuuuuut

It is CRAZY how much my mf weight fluctuates. I first started trying to restrict again on 11/11/20 and I weighed 137 lbs!!! During the following days, I was only able to get my cals to 2000-3000 compared to 4000+ when I was hardcore binging. Started modified ABC a couple of days ago at 134 lbs. This morning I was 128.8 lbs...I curse water weight :/ this is why I won't be happy even when I get to my UGW bc what you weigh and your ideal image in the mirror don't really correlate. Maybe I should get a tape measure and do it based on measurements instead

​Dieting is always really discouraging for me bc I can lose 10 lbs (mostly in water weight I think??) the first week and then I'm like queen of diet I love myself, and then the next months are like -0.5 lbs a week or even +0.2 while eating <500 cals a day. Smh I hate bodies

If anyone who stumbles upon this post can explain water weight to me, that would be much appreciated! I drink so much water on a daily basis. Like 1-2 16 oz cups an hour. One time when I was restricting over the summer, I gave myself water poisoning lol 

#5 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:10 PM

Day 4 - 128.8 lbs in the morning
Breakfast - egg whites and Pam - 83 cals
Lunch - a jelly thing, pickles - 28 cals
Dinner - chicken tenders, spinach, Dijon mustard - 328 cals
Total - 439 cals

And I oop went over my 400 cal goal again today but I’m not going to be too hard on myself. Raw cookie dough like the nestle toll house kind that’s not meant to be eaten uncooked is a massive trigger and binge food for me. My bf buys tubs of it and finishes one tub in like 3 days. He got a tub today and I was so fucking tempted. Still might go to the kitchen now and stuff my fat face. Buuuuuut resisted the temptation so far. I’ll let you know if I fail

#6 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:39 AM

Sorry I’m the worst at remembering to post at night. This was from yesterday
Day 5 - 128.6 lbs in the morning
Breakfast - celcius - 10 cals
Lunch - cantaloupe and think s’mores protein bar - 253 cals
Dinner - acai bowl - 213 cals
Snack - spicy radish - 15 cals
Total - 490 cals

#7 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:41 AM

Today’s Friday and I’m going to dinner with my friends. Pretty nervous bc I know I’ll go over the abc limit :///

Does anyone do cheat days or anything. I used to not do them but I still feel the compulsion to binge. Maybe a planned binge day would help me control my urges on normal days?

#8 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:26 AM

This is also a random update (going to officially post my weight and calories for today later at night) buuuuuut

It is CRAZY how much my mf weight fluctuates. I first started trying to restrict again on
11/11/20 and I weighed 137 lbs!!! During the following days, I was only able to get my cals to 2000-3000 compared to 4000+ when I was hardcore binging. Started modified ABC a couple of days ago at 134 lbs. This morning I was 128.8 lbs...I curse water weight :/ this is why I won't be happy even when I get to my UGW bc what you weigh and your ideal image in the mirror don't really correlate. Maybe I should get a tape measure and do it based on measurements instead

​Dieting is always really discouraging for me bc I can lose 10 lbs (mostly in water weight I think??) the first week and then I'm like queen of diet I love myself, and then the next months are like -0.5 lbs a week or even +0.2 while eating <500 cals a day. Smh I hate bodies

If anyone who stumbles upon this post can explain water weight to me, that would be much appreciated! I drink so much water on a daily basis. Like 1-2 16 oz cups an hour. One time when I was restricting over the summer, I gave myself water poisoning lol

Water weight -

Ok - when you eat, your body, particularly your liver, gets to work processing that food into glucose that it uses to do all the tasks your body needs to do - breathing, heart beat, digestion, even thinking. Then exercise on top.

Protein is the most difficult to turn into glucose and simple, highly processed carbs like white bread, pasta, candy, etc needs barely any work at all (your body loves simple, processed carbs for this reason).

Your body uses the glucose to do all its jobs (your TDEE)

Say your TDEE is 1600 cals & you eat 2500.
The difference then goes to your glycogen stores in your liver. Glycogen is like an instant access savings account of calories that your body can use to dip into in the event that you undereat the next day or more.

Your liver can only store so much glycogen, so once that's full, excess calories left over goes to your fat cells for longer term storage, kind of like a savings account that's less easy to dip into (your body hates using fat stores)

If there's a famine (more likely a diet these days, but we're programmed to be cavemen who can only eat if they find food & if that bison runs away, they don't eat that day) glycogen is used to keep you alive.

Glycogen is essentially glucose + water as this glucose has to be bound with water to become glycogen.

When you eat at a calorie deficit, your glycogen is used up, including all that water - the water loss is why dieters lose up to 7lbs at the start of the diet - it's about one pound of glucose & 6lbs of water that's peed out.

As soon as you start eating over your TDEE again, your glycogen store is filled back up & so you suddenly regain a load of weight, but this is mainly water rather than actual fat.

If you continue to eat over your TDEE & your glycogen store remains full, the excess calories go straight to your body fat stores.

If you continue restricting, even if it's only 100 cals under your TDEE, your glycogen is used up in the first few days & from then on, your body burns fat & a bit of protein (muscle) to make up the missing 100 cals.

Protein (muscle) is easier to turn into glucose (your body's favourite energy source) than body fat, plus your body thinks there's a famine (you're restricting) & wants to hold onto your body fat at all costs, so this is why mega restriction can result in muscle loss.

What sucks even more is that your muscles need a lot of calories to function, so this is why super fit & active people need a lot of calories eaten per day.

If you're starving yourself & your body is burning muscle, your daily calories needed drops as that muscle is gone, so it's not burning calories - this is why people who lose a massive amount of weight very fast (including a lot of muscle) like folk on The Biggest Loser, gain back a load of fat pretty quickly as they stop dieting as their TDEE has dropped.

If you drink, alcohol messes up the whole glucose storage thing as your body sees it as poison & so prioritises getting rid of it, your liver is busy doing that, so your body just chucks the food cals straight into fat stores. You can appear to lose a load of weight after boozing, but this is because alcohol is a diuretic (makes you pee) & you're dehydrated rather than you've lost fat.

Tl, dr- water weight has to do with glucose storage & when you restrict, you pee most of it out & when you eat over what your body needs, your glucose store is built back up incl water.
  • Darkest Rosé and HibiscusPeach like this

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“You should stay away from your potential. I mean, that is something you should leave absolutely alone! You’ll mess it up! It’s potential, leave it!

And anyway, it’s like your bank balance, you know – you always have much less than you think. Leave it as the locked door within yourself and then at least, in your mind, the interior will always be palatial; wonderful, gleaming marble floors, brocaded drapes, mullioned windows covered in mullions whatever they are.

Flamingos serving drinks, pianos shooting out canapes into the mouths of elegant men and women.

Don’t open the door. Because it won’t be like that.

All you’re going to see will be one tiny, grey, starveling little cat with diarrhoea, sitting on a mattress-less iron-sprung bed with its huge eyes mewing at you,

Smoking as well, probably.

As an emphysemic landlady untangles her pop socks in the background, and some terrible guy the colour of an aubergine rounds the corner holding a mug of beef tea wearing a string vest.

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#9 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

B I G O O F
Day 6 - 126.6 lbs in the morning
Lunch - Celsius - 10 cals
Aaaaaaaand this is where we go downhill
Dinner (at a restaurant with my friends so idk the exact cals :/): pan seared salmon (770) and truffle fries (420) could’ve easily picked a nice salad or fruit side but i as a dumb hoe got fries
Snack (after I got home from dinner bc I gave up): sour ale (203), hella not-meant-to-be-eaten cookie dough (my go to binge food 480)
Total - 1883

I guess this will be my binge day for the week. It could’ve been much worse, tbh. I have eaten literally 2000 calories of cookie dough in one sitting in the past, so today was fairly well-managed. I also don’t purge at all so I guess these cals will stay in me

The “I don’t care I’ll just jump back on the wagon tomorrow” mood is exactly what led me to binge for 2 months. But I promise you guys, I will jump back on the abc tomorrow. Counting this day as an L and moving on to the cals for day 6. Not gonna punish myself too much bc it could’ve been wayyyyy worse

#10 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:16 AM

Water weight -

Ok - when you eat, your body, particularly your liver, gets to work processing that food into glucose that it uses to do all the tasks your body needs to do - breathing, heart beat, digestion, even thinking. Then exercise on top.

Protein is the most difficult to turn into glucose and simple, highly processed carbs like white bread, pasta, candy, etc needs barely any work at all (your body loves simple, processed carbs for this reason).

Your body uses the glucose to do all its jobs (your TDEE)

Say your TDEE is 1600 cals & you eat 2500.
The difference then goes to your glycogen stores in your liver. Glycogen is like an instant access savings account of calories that your body can use to dip into in the event that you undereat the next day or more.

Your liver can only store so much glycogen, so once that's full, excess calories left over goes to your fat cells for longer term storage, kind of like a savings account that's less easy to dip into (your body hates using fat stores)

If there's a famine (more likely a diet these days, but we're programmed to be cavemen who can only eat if they find food & if that bison runs away, they don't eat that day) glycogen is used to keep you alive.

Glycogen is essentially glucose + water as this glucose has to be bound with water to become glycogen.

When you eat at a calorie deficit, your glycogen is used up, including all that water - the water loss is why dieters lose up to 7lbs at the start of the diet - it's about one pound of glucose & 6lbs of water that's peed out.

As soon as you start eating over your TDEE again, your glycogen store is filled back up & so you suddenly regain a load of weight, but this is mainly water rather than actual fat.

If you continue to eat over your TDEE & your glycogen store remains full, the excess calories go straight to your body fat stores.

If you continue restricting, even if it's only 100 cals under your TDEE, your glycogen is used up in the first few days & from then on, your body burns fat & a bit of protein (muscle) to make up the missing 100 cals.

Protein (muscle) is easier to turn into glucose (your body's favourite energy source) than body fat, plus your body thinks there's a famine (you're restricting) & wants to hold onto your body fat at all costs, so this is why mega restriction can result in muscle loss.

What sucks even more is that your muscles need a lot of calories to function, so this is why super fit & active people need a lot of calories eaten per day.

If you're starving yourself & your body is burning muscle, your daily calories needed drops as that muscle is gone, so it's not burning calories - this is why people who lose a massive amount of weight very fast (including a lot of muscle) like folk on The Biggest Loser, gain back a load of fat pretty quickly as they stop dieting as their TDEE has dropped.

If you drink, alcohol messes up the whole glucose storage thing as your body sees it as poison & so prioritises getting rid of it, your liver is busy doing that, so your body just chucks the food cals straight into fat stores. You can appear to lose a load of weight after boozing, but this is because alcohol is a diuretic (makes you pee) & you're dehydrated rather than you've lost fat.

Tl, dr- water weight has to do with glucose storage & when you restrict, you pee most of it out & when you eat over what your body needs, your glucose store is built back up incl water.

Wow thank you for this detailed explanation! Weight loss trends make a lot more sense to me now. I feel like everyone on this website would benefit from reading this!!

• Glorificus likes this

#11 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:19 PM

Yesterday
Day 7 - 126.6 lbs in the morning
Lunch - Celsius - 10 cals
Dinner - egg whites, Pam, cheese - 133 cals
Total - 143 cals

#12 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:23 PM

Day 8 - 125.6 lbs in the morn
Breakfast - quest bar - 200 cals
Lunch - pork burrito - 484 cals
Dinner - Celsius - 10 cals
Total eaten - 694 cals, passes my 400 cal goal

In the morning I went on a 4 mi hike that had some rock scrambling and apparently burned 514 cals based on a hiking calculator I used?? If I round to 500, then

Net eaten - exercise = 194 cals??

#13 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:06 AM

Day 9 - 125.2 lbs in the morning
Breakfast - Celsius - 10
Lunch - rotisserie chicken and cantaloupe - 245
Dinner - egg white, Pam, everything but the bagel seasoning, mixed frozen veggies - 168
Total - 423 cals

#14 HibiscusPeach

HibiscusPeach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:32 PM

Day 10 - 125.8 lbs
Breakfast - rotisserie chicken - 220
Lunch - strawberries and vodka - 124
Dinner - chicken tenders, Dijon mustard, pickles - 554
snack - frozen peaches, chocolate truffle ice cream, kombucha - 482
Total - 1382 cals

Reeeeeally not great. This wasn’t a planned binge day. Idk I was really bored tonight so I turned to food for comfort and something to do. Gotta find other things to distract myself when I’m bored :/

This is still below my TDEE apparently so that’s alright